Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline blueleopard  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:53:03 AM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 60

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post

food for thought. While Rodgers has obviously not been playing his best, and he has obviously taken sacks on the same plays he had WIDE OPEN receivers, our level of expectation for the man is through the roof.

Isn't that the point of the year where Finley was catching everything we forced to him? I thought Rodgers was playing even more lights out.

Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline DarkaneRules  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:40:50 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 262

He is certainly playing his way out of elite status. Right now when people talk about elite QBs Eli Manning has definitely taken his place and last game probably confirmed the newest athletic and accurate QB on the block is Andrew Luck. I think we would all love to see another game like the Falcons playoff game where Rodgers just takes the damn thing over. That would be awesome. But ON THE FLIPSIDE, maybe Rodgers thinks he can do that even when the opportunity is not there, or maybe worse yet, the coach Mike McCarthy is feeding into this IDEAL situation. It is reason for concern in my opinion. What do you guys think?
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:55:10 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Did he get sacked on this play instead?

food for thought. While Rodgers has obviously not been playing his best, and he has obviously taken sacks on the same plays he had WIDE OPEN receivers, our level of expectation for the man is through the roof.

Yes This play ended in a sack. Which also put them in a 3rd and long which resulted in another sack. Forcing a punt.

Myself, I have tried to keep my expectations for Rodgers and the team in general realistic. I see many people doing the same with Rodgers as we did with Favre in the mid 90's. We need to not expect as much, we also need to not credit him so much and realistically critique and blame when needed. And do it evenly for him as well as his recievers.

A play this last game comes to mind. Finley's drop, that is what people want to remember, Finley dropped the pass, which he did, and with his skill and salary, he should be catching it. But it was not a good placed pass. It was on Finley's hip, which sounds good, except, Finly was running away from Rodgers towards the sideline, and the defender was trailing Finley. that is not where to throw that ball. Throwing it there makes the ball interceptable if jumped right, and makes it harder to catch. Finley had to reach down to his hip and backwards for the catch. Put that ball in front of Finley where he doesn't ahve to turn around as much on a run, and where he can keep his arms up and use his hands in front of him and that ball probably gets caught.

He has thrown balls into the dirt, he let two sail. Both could have injured his either Jordy or Williams as they were hit while covered. Lucky the DBs didn't light them up.

His throw from past the LOS. I can't be the only person watching who was screaming. Run the ball already. And that play resulted not only in a penalty, the forced throw also resulted in Finley's injury.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Yerko  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:31:29 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 141
Applause Received: 228

This is a relief to see and shows that Aaron has great leadership qualities (suck on that Blake Baratz). Only good can come from this. Adjustments will be made and Rodgers could possibly go off this next game. Its up to the rest of the team to follow, take accountability for their mistakes, and play the game.

Have a really good feeling about the game this weekend.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cal2GreenBay  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:08:18 AM(UTC)
Cal2GreenBay

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 11

Did you all watch the 49ers game?
Alex Smith used his clunky Phillip Rivers type release and wobbled a pass over to Vernon Davis 40 yards down the field and Davis had no one within 8-10 yards of him.

When's the last time you saw Jermichael Finley that open?

It's a 33% knock on Finley, 33% on no running game threat to sell the play action, and 33% on receivers having NO break away speed.

The 9ers threat of a running game, opens up the pass. The threat of Moss opens things up for V.Davis and Crabtree.

There is no major THREAT to the defense like that on the Packers right now.

G. Jennings doesn't scare anyone anymore like Moss.
Finley doesn't scare anyone like V.Davis.
The running game is not bruising like Frank Gore. ONLY Cobb.

All of those non threats result in tight 1 on 1 coverage, nickel packages with DBs clogging throwing lanes, and daring Green Bay to run.

This literally FORCES Aaron Rodgers to play like...well..good old cellphone genital guy. Gunsling it through triple coverage and hope for the best.

Aaron's taking the hit, but he's in his way, calling out his team to raise their games up too.

Fall from Elite is starting to become a good description. From Elite to Very good.

blank
thanks Post received 1 applause.
RaiderPride on 10/10/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:42:05 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,833
Applause Received: 1,990

I think you're mistaken about Greg Jennings. Sure, no one is scared NOW because he's been dinged up. When healthy, you damn well better believe people fear him. That's why he's double covered. He isn't the fast guy, but sure runs a pretty route. Kind of like an Antonio Freeman with better hands.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline nerdmann  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:11:11 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,293
Applause Received: 571

Originally Posted by: Cal2GreenBay Go to Quoted Post
Did you all watch the 49ers game?
Alex Smith used his clunky Phillip Rivers type release and wobbled a pass over to Vernon Davis 40 yards down the field and Davis had no one within 8-10 yards of him.

When's the last time you saw Jermichael Finley that open?

It's a 33% knock on Finley, 33% on no running game threat to sell the play action, and 33% on receivers having NO break away speed.

The 9ers threat of a running game, opens up the pass. The threat of Moss opens things up for V.Davis and Crabtree.

There is no major THREAT to the defense like that on the Packers right now.

G. Jennings doesn't scare anyone anymore like Moss.
Finley doesn't scare anyone like V.Davis.
The running game is not bruising like Frank Gore. ONLY Cobb.

All of those non threats result in tight 1 on 1 coverage, nickel packages with DBs clogging throwing lanes, and daring Green Bay to run.

This literally FORCES Aaron Rodgers to play like...well..good old cellphone genital guy. Gunsling it through triple coverage and hope for the best.

Aaron's taking the hit, but he's in his way, calling out his team to raise their games up too.

Fall from Elite is starting to become a good description. From Elite to Very good.

It's all about abandoning the run, imo.

The Packers dominated the first half, sucked shit in the second.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Yerko  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:22:35 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I think you're mistaken about Greg Jennings. Sure, no one is scared NOW because he's been dinged up. When healthy, you damn well better believe people fear him. That's why he's double covered. He isn't the fast guy, but sure runs a pretty route. Kind of like an Antonio Freeman with better hands.

I miss seeing his pretty routes. One always stands out when this is brought to attention.

Sorry for being off-topic.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 10/10/2012(UTC)
Offline Yerko  
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:36:51 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Can someone...ANYONE...confirm that Rodgers called out the practice squad DBs either in this interview with Wilde or some other recent time? I posted this story and Bears fans keep bringing this up and calling him a douche for it.

I think it is 100% okay to call out the practice squad guys. Those are the guys that are giving you the practice and the opponent's scheme throughout the week. Maybe they are dogging it? Not only that, but Rodgers isn't placing blame everywhere else but himself. He is holding himself accountable and in being a leader, holding others accountable as well. Football is a team game...

One guy actually went as far to say practice squad isn't part of the team. That is where the convo ended...

I remember "back in the day" my coaches would always call out the 2nd stringers for dogging it while being the scout team for the 1st stringers.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:47:17 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,833
Applause Received: 1,990

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
Can someone...ANYONE...confirm that Rodgers called out the practice squad DBs either in this interview with Wilde or some other recent time? I posted this story and Bears fans keep bringing this up and calling him a douche for it.

Here are his interviews with Jason Wilde
http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/page.php?page_id=360

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline nerdmann  
#26 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:17:59 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,293
Applause Received: 571

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post

I think it is 100% okay to call out the practice squad guys. Those are the guys that are giving you the practice and the opponent's scheme throughout the week. Maybe they are dogging it? Not only that, but Rodgers isn't placing blame everywhere else but himself. He is holding himself accountable and in being a leader, holding others accountable as well. Football is a team game...

One guy actually went as far to say practice squad isn't part of the team. That is where the convo ended...

I remember "back in the day" my coaches would always call out the 2nd stringers for dogging it while being the scout team for the 1st stringers.

Sounded to me like Mike McCarthy made the statement, then they asked Arodge about it in a radio interview. What's he supposed to say?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Porforis  
#27 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:39:27 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Sounded to me like Mike McCarthy made the statement, then they asked Arodge about it in a radio interview. What's he supposed to say?

Ask bears fans, and they'd expect him to respond like Cutler or Urlacher would.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#28 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:31:02 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

AR is off this year so far.
The pass early on, he had Nelson wide open, and over threw him. Last year he makes that throw. It would have been a TD.

And why don't they have anyone going over the middle, like Driver ALWAYS did? DD always made a big play on those quick throws. You have Cobb, who could do it too.

UserPostedImage
Offline DarkaneRules  
#29 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:24:59 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 262

Yep. And we should have more plays with more running backs / tight end folks getting in there in the middle. Maybe just have one WR out there.
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#30 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:39:12 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
AR is off this year so far.
The pass early on, he had Nelson wide open, and over threw him. Last year he makes that throw. It would have been a TD.

And why don't they have anyone going over the middle, like Driver ALWAYS did? DD always made a big play on those quick throws. You have Cobb, who could do it too.

To be fair 2 of our TDs this past game were over the middle.

Rss Feed