Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages«<345
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:41:26 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Another thing I noticed when I rewatched the last game. There were 4 negative plays by Crabtree, and I credit that to either poor coaching, play calling or scheme adjustment at the line. The thing with all 4, Crabtree was single blocking either Mathis or Freeny. I could see that call if it was a run play away, or maybe a designed QB roll out away. But that wasn't the case. One was a run outside with Crabtree single blocking Freeny. Nobody could plan and think that is a good idea. Once was a holding penalty, again Crabtree single blocking Freeny in pass protection. Again, unless this was a 1 step drop slant route. Not a good idea. The other two were also pass protection.

I could see, maybe once by mistake, but 4 times? McCarthy cannot be calling plays expecting Crabtree to single block some of the best pass rushers that make Tackles look foolish. And if an alignment happens, Rodgers needs to be either adjust the play or blocking assignments, or call a TO.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:05:57 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Another thing I noticed when I rewatched the last game. There were 4 negative plays by Crabtree, and I credit that to either poor coaching, play calling or scheme adjustment at the line. The thing with all 4, Crabtree was single blocking either Mathis or Freeny. I could see that call if it was a run play away, or maybe a designed QB roll out away. But that wasn't the case. One was a run outside with Crabtree single blocking Freeny. Nobody could plan and think that is a good idea. Once was a holding penalty, again Crabtree single blocking Freeny in pass protection. Again, unless this was a 1 step drop slant route. Not a good idea. The other two were also pass protection.

I could see, maybe once by mistake, but 4 times? McCarthy cannot be calling plays expecting Crabtree to single block some of the best pass rushers that make Tackles look foolish. And if an alignment happens, Rodgers needs to be either adjust the play or blocking assignments, or call a TO.

That, my friend, is what we call a mismatch. If one team is consistently winning mismatch battles, then that's on the coaching.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#63 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:07:01 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

Barry Sanders didn't help the Lions win any Super Bowl's, and as some of you might know, I am kind of a fan of his, so I know full well that being run first doesn't do a team much justice, especially in the last 15 years.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline zombieslayer  
#64 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:31:27 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Barry Sanders didn't help the Lions win any Super Bowl's, and as some of you might know, I am kind of a fan of his, so I know full well that being run first doesn't do a team much justice, especially in the last 15 years.

Perfect example. Hands down best RB I have EVER watched.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/10/2012(UTC)
Offline yooperfan  
#65 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:41:39 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 525
Applause Received: 243

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Perfect example. Hands down best RB I have EVER watched.

Me as well.
I'm not asking for the Pack to be a run first team, they don't have that capability to even consider that, all I want is to see McCarthy use all the tools in his box and that includes running the damn ball.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/10/2012(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#66 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:06:44 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

Well, there is a difference between Run First, and Run Primarily. A team can run first, but still pass 70% of the time. Can also use the screen as a run also. Cedric had a nice one Sunday.

I would prefer not be a pass first or run first team. I would like to be a team that will and can do either at any time. I think we should have at least one back in the back field at all times.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#67 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:23:52 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Well, there is a difference between Run First, and Run Primarily. A team can run first, but still pass 70% of the time. Can also use the screen as a run also. Cedric had a nice one Sunday.

I would prefer not be a pass first or run first team. I would like to be a team that will and can do either at any time. I think we should have at least one back in the back field at all times.

And Rodgers under C more.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#68 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:41:27 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
And Rodgers under C more.

Yes, and with that, how about a 1 step drop throw to a slant. All our slants are 5 yards then slant. None of the good ole, instant slant off the line, that Favre and his receivers lived off. Those work as well as a run also.

Shotgun is nice for defense. they know how deep the QB will be for thier pass rush.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#69 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:49:59 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Yes, and with that, how about a 1 step drop throw to a slant. All our slants are 5 yards then slant. None of the good ole, instant slant off the line, that Favre and his receivers lived off. Those work as well as a run also.

I'm wondering why we're not seeing more of those myself.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Rss Feed