Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
8 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Wade  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:41:07 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 698
Applause Received: 725

I simply have no clue.

If they play the way they did most of the first half of the Dolt game, they'll win by 7-10.
If they play/call the game the way they did in the second half, they'll be lucky to be within 30.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline lolleren  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:43:12 PM(UTC)
lolleren

Applause Given: 7
Applause Received: 9

Packers 14
Texans 38

Rodgers need to show he is still the same QB as last year, otherwise the score could be even more lopsided.
blank
Offline vikesrule  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 6:03:27 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Matt Schaub currently has a higher QB rating than Rodgers and runs a competent offense that includes a great run game and a pretty effective passing game.
Arian Foster is running great, and TE Owen Daniels and WR Andre Johnson have been performing pretty well.

And unlike the Packers, the Texans offense is not one dimensional.

With Benson out, the Packers are back where they started at the running back position—searching for a dependable ball carrier.
Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 21 times this year, including five in the second half against the Colts last week.

Without facing the threat of a strong running game, and with J.J. Watt leading the NFL in sacks, the Texans will be blitzing and putting pressure on Aaron Rodgers early and often.
Rodgers will be spending more time horizontal than vertical this coming week.

After Week 6, the Packers will be 2-4.

Texans 34 - Packers 17
Offline nerdmann  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 7:01:20 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,806
Applause Received: 681

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
Matt Schaub currently has a higher QB rating than Rodgers and runs a competent offense that includes a great run game and a pretty effective passing game.
Arian Foster is running great, and TE Owen Daniels and WR Andre Johnson have been performing pretty well.

With Benson out, the Packers are back where they started at the running back position—searching for a dependable ball carrier.
Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 21 times this year, including five in the second half against the Colts last week.

Without facing the threat of a strong running game, and with J.J. Watt leading the NFL in sacks, the Texans will be blitzing and putting pressure on Aaron Rodgers early and often.

Texans 34 - Packers 17

We'll play up to our competition.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline lolleren  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 7:20:45 PM(UTC)
lolleren

Applause Given: 7
Applause Received: 9

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post

Texans 34 - Packers 17

The Texans will not need to blitz to put Rodgers on his back.

blank
Offline DarkaneRules  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 7:32:59 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 365

Plus he is good against the blitz. They will only need 4. :-/
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Pack93z  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 7:52:03 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 406
Applause Received: 1,100

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
I thought the 49ers dominated Green Bay. There wasn't any point during the game where I felt the Packers were in control.

The Niners did dominate us, but we still had chance to tie that game late. That is the point, we could have easily been dominated yet still won the game.

Improve here or there, we could win that game. Roll that forward to next week, even though the Texans might be the best overall team in the AFC. But we can play with them and we can beat them.

We shall see.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:30:28 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,996
Applause Received: 2,298

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
The Niners did dominate us, but we still had chance to tie that game late. That is the point, we could have easily been dominated yet still won the game.

Improve here or there, we could win that game. Roll that forward to next week, even though the Texans might be the best overall team in the AFC. But we can play with them and we can beat them.

We shall see.

The referee's gifted the Packers 7 points, without that, the game was even further out of control. As for the Texans, I have little faith the Packers will win. I know they CAN win, that they have the talent to win, I just feel Mike McCarthy is too stubborn. Say what you want about Tom Coughlon (sp) and Bill Belichick, they morph into what is best for their respective teams. McCarthy is not that adaptive this year.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:42:27 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076

All I know is our team is stacked with exceptional players, just like HOU. Our backs are against the wall, not theirs. It will be interesting to see how we play this one. Hopefully, McCarthy can get his team back on track. If he does, I think we win.

Our biggest challenges will be:

1. Stopping Arian Foster, or at least, inhibiting the F out of him.
2. Creating TOs on defense. FFs and INTs. We need 'em.
3. Calling and executing an effective running game.
4. Protecting Rodgers.
5. Catchthefuckingfootball.

Give us 3 or 4 out of those 5, and I think we win.
Offline blueleopard  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:00:39 AM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 74

We're going to lose.

I hope I'm wrong.

That is all.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline zombieslayer  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:29:59 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Matt Schaub has only been sacked 3 times. Aaron Rodgers has been sacked more than 20. Uh oh.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline wpr  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:48:50 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,254
Applause Received: 1,566

Quote:
The last remaining undefeated team in the AFC suffered its first major blow of the season Tuesday when Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing's season was pronounced over after suffering a torn ACL Monday night against the Jets.

Cushing, the verbal leader of Houston's 3-4 defense, was the Texans' leading tackler and second-team All-Pro last season. His inside linebacker spot will be filled by either Mister Alexander, an undrafted second-year player from Florida State, or seven-year veteran Tim Dobbins. But Cushing won’t be truly replaced.

As Pack93 says GB has an opportunity. Let's see if they can do so.
Quote:

"You don't replace players like (Cushing)," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said.

Reminds me of the line of "Remember the Titans". When Denzel Washington says, "You can not replace Gary Bertier".

Quote:
Cushing was injured Monday when Jets offensive lineman Matt Slauson hit Cushing in the back of the knee, a shot some players around the NFL considered cheap.

"Where is the NFL's protection on blocks below the waist like that on Cushing?" wrote Packers linebacker Clay Matthews on Twitter. "Double standard!" Matthews was a college teammate of Cushing at USC.

Kubiak on Tuesday chose not to offer an opinion on the block, essentially saying what's done is done. Jets coach Rex Ryan said he didn't remember the specific play.

Nice to see CM3 calling out the NFL front office.

Is it just me or does Ryan have a history of players hotter other players illegally questionably and Rex pleading his ignorance?

link
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:57:37 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076

A quick note. HOU's 5-0 record is not against the NFL's world beaters...

MIA 30-10 Offensive ranking #13 (which they were not week 1) / Defensive ranking #15
@JAX 27-7 Offensive ranking #32 / Defensive ranking #30
@DEN 31-25 Offensive ranking #9 / Defensive ranking #13
TEN 38-14 Offensive ranking #26 / Defensive ranking #29
@NYJ 23-17 Offensive ranking #28 / Defensive ranking #20

We're not anything special statistically at 21/16, but we are certainly underplaying. Maybe we put it together this Sunday.
Offline cheeseheads123  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:12:00 AM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 76
Applause Received: 146

Packers 23
Texans 17
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:19:37 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 406
Applause Received: 1,100

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post

Nice to see CM3 calling out the NFL front office.

Is it just me or does Ryan have a history of players hotter other players illegally questionably and Rex pleading his ignorance?

link

Cut Blocks have pissed me off for years, it is a pansy ass why to block the guy in front of you.. can beat then cut him bullshit. That and because they can't get in front of them, cut them.

It had worked its way out of the NFL somewhat until Alex Gibbs brought his "Zone Blocking" (heavy duty cut blocking) back. Everyone seen the Bronco's success and some adopted it.. some tried to remove the cut aspect from it and it wasn't nearly as effective. It is a piss poor way to play the game.. that is like chopping a running down and the knees, you are going to hurt someone.

I started a thread of its own here.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed