Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
8 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:20:46 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 1,060

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
The referee's gifted the Packers 7 points, without that, the game was even further out of control.

It is what it is ( Big Grin ).. end of the day, the Packers had a chance to tie that ball game up.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:40:15 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

Weeeee!! Weeeee!! Weeeee!!
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:08:37 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 305
Applause Received: 423

Packers didn't do themselves any favors by letting one get away at Indy, but even with a loss this week I'm not gonna start panicking.
Win at home, split on the road, that will give you an 12-4 record.

Well Packers already lost 1 at home so they are looking at 11-5 if they can just hold true to that formula.

2-4 not where you want to be, but not the end of the season either.

I'm predicting a Packer upset, been awhile since Packers were underdogs, I haven't seen the line but presume The Texans are favored.

Packers 27 Texans 26.

Edit: All you need to do is look at turnover differential to figure out the big difference between last year and this year.
Packers have had their chances, they need to start getting those turnovers.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:39:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 10/10/2012(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:35:48 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

2 key stats
When we run 20+ times we win.
But, when we run 10 times or less we lose..

It's as simple as that. Teams take advantage of that so easily, and will kill you with no running game.. (49ers and Colts sure did)
After the second quarter against the Colts, we said goodbye to the running game, and let the defense 'try' to win the game for us.
When we run the ball it keeps the clock going and gives the defense a break on the sidelines. (Which worked great for us untill the 2nd half)

The Texans are so successful at this and creates the perfect forumula to winning on offense and defense.
Like what pack93 said they are top 10 in fewest defense snaps. I almost gurrentee most of those teams have the best records in the NFL. Most likely 2 of em' are in the NFC North...

Idc what Running Backs we have they need to run the ball consistantly throughout games. Hopefully Mike McCarthy is realizing it, even though he strictly bases the offense on matchups. (Which really is not a bad thing)

And, is it me or does the Texans remind us of the Bears? Probably me.
nerdmann on 10/10/2012(UTC)
Offline warhawk  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:38:54 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 219

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
2 key stats
When we run 20+ times we win.
But, when we run 10 times or less we lose..

It's as simple as that. Teams take advantage of that so easily, and will kill you with no running game.. (49ers and Colts sure did)
After the second quarter against the Colts, we said goodbye to the running game, and let the defense 'try' to win the game for us.
When we run the ball it keeps the clock going and gives the defense a break on the sidelines. (Which worked great for us untill the 2nd half)

The Texans are so successful at this and creates the perfect forumula to winning on offense and defense.
Like what pack93 said they are top 10 in fewest defense snaps. I almost gurrentee most of those teams have the best records in the NFL. Most likely 2 of em' are in the NFC North...

Idc what Running Backs we have they need to run the ball consistantly throughout games. Hopefully Mike McCarthy is realizing it, even though he strictly bases the offense on matchups. (Which really is not a bad thing)

And, is it me or does the Texans remind us of the Bears? Probably me.

Actually, the defense the Colts put up gave us much greater opportunity for success passing the ball then running it. The bumped our wideouts, covered the running lanes while bringing pressure if Rodgers was throwing it.
Our recourse was to BLOCK the pressure, give Rodgers some time, and the WR's to beat their man. We didn't block well and guys were not getting open in the second half.

So for me it was a matter of not executing in the passing game that would have forced Indy out of the D they were playing and into one that may have offered a better chance to run the ball. It was no breakdown that you saw when Green was going nowhere. We were running plays into the teeth and strength of what the defense was in.

I give the Colts credit for the patience they showed but had we put up one more TD in the 3rd Quarter they would have been forced out of their defensive game plan. I was actually surprised the Colts stuck with it after Rodgers wrung them up 3 times but thats why the coaches get the big bucks and we get to watch.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:18:29 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post
Actually, the defense the Colts put up gave us much greater opportunity for success passing the ball then running it. The bumped our wideouts, covered the running lanes while bringing pressure if Rodgers was throwing it.
Our recourse was to BLOCK the pressure, give Rodgers some time, and the WR's to beat their man. We didn't block well and guys were not getting open in the second half.

So for me it was a matter of not executing in the passing game that would have forced Indy out of the D they were playing and into one that may have offered a better chance to run the ball. It was no breakdown that you saw when Green was going nowhere. We were running plays into the teeth and strength of what the defense was in.

I give the Colts credit for the patience they showed but had we put up one more TD in the 3rd Quarter they would have been forced out of their defensive game plan. I was actually surprised the Colts stuck with it after Rodgers wrung them up 3 times but thats why the coaches get the big bucks and we get to watch.

I agree totally with you that they flat out wanted us to beat their agressive play. That being said our offense as a WHOLE played lower than expectations in the second half. Ultimately not beating them, ecspecially in 1 on 1 situations. Buying that 21-3 lead, Mike McCarthy knows now that he made the mistake of telling his team to close it or put it away with 2 Quarters left in the game. Leading to trying to get the big play every series instead of keeping it balanced. Which, kept our D on the field favoring the Colts with momentum.

I'll tip my hat off to the Colts though, for staying in the game and challenging us throughout.

I still think getting away from that run game killed us. Like Zero posted: we had 4 drives that accumulated 3 minutes... one being 21 seconds long.. you just can't have that, and it hurt our defense as well.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:48:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Yerko  
#37 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:07:16 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 244

Packers need to bring their "A game" here to even make this close. Yes, the Texans have played bad teams so far but they are 5-0. They beat the teams they are supposed to beat, the Packers haven't. This Sunday is the absolute best time to turn the ship around and start winning. The Packers need this game more than the Texans do.

I think the Packers get this win, but it won't be easy.

Packers- 28
Texans- 24

GO PACK GO!
UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 10/11/2012(UTC)
Offline Cheesey  
#38 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:33:42 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 178
Applause Received: 396

I don't see any way that the Packers win this week.
They are down too many players, and they can't even beat a rookie QB when they have a big half time lead.
Our defense is back to it's old ways of last year, and our offense can't put 4 quarters together.
Yes, i HOPE i'm wrong.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#39 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 9:49:10 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

WR Greg Jennings, TE DJ Williams, TE Jermichael Finley, DT BJ Raji and S Sean Richardson not practicing today....

not good
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#40 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 11:12:57 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Greg Jennings ruled out for Sunday’s trip to Houston
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#41 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:49:06 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 178
Applause Received: 396

Is Starks going to play?
If so, i'd like to see him carry this team. I think he can do it,the question is, will he?
We need a running game, that's for certain. Our O-line is too poor to protect Aaron Rodgers if the D knows we can't run the ball.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#42 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 12:09:36 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

James Starks should be active, yes. Alex Green will start.

Madden '13
Packers 31
Texans 20
UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 10/14/2012(UTC)
Offline DanJustDan29  
#43 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 12:10:04 PM(UTC)
DanJustDan29

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 7

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
Is Starks going to play?
If so, i'd like to see him carry this team. I think he can do it,the question is, will he?
We need a running game, that's for certain. Our O-line is too poor to protect Aaron Rodgers if the D knows we can't run the ball.

Green is the man. I really do not think there is a big difference between Green and Starks, but Mike McCarthy will go with the "hot" hand. However, we don't run enough for anyone to be considered hot.
Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another. -Vince Lombardi
Offline Zero2Cool  
#44 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 12:19:07 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: DanJustDan29 Go to Quoted Post
Green is the man. I really do not think there is a big difference between Green and Starks, but Mike McCarthy will go with the "hot" hand. However, we don't run enough for anyone to be considered hot.

Starks - always falls forward for a gain, won't break any big 45+ gainer, very powerful runner.
Green - quicker, more elusive, better at catching out of the backfield and prone to being tackled for a loss.

Both guys run a 4.5-4.6 40 yard so they are bout equally fast, but Green is a more shifty runner and quicker.

Green
Height: 6-0
Weight: 225

Starks
Height: 6-2
Weight: 218
UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#45 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 12:33:56 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,555
Applause Received: 640

We need this game.

We can't go 8-2 from here on out.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”