Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RajiRoar  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:26:55 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/30/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 256

1. Francois push DJ Smith for time.

Robert is alot better athlete, and has really bulked up in the offseason. I think he has stud potential if he gets the chance. remember he put together a solid couple performances last year when Bish and Hawk went down.

2. Pickett rotates with Raji at nose.

Pickett brings nothing in the pass rush department, which is one of our weaknesses, he is just not that kind of player... you dont see many 340-burgers playing DE, even in a 34 defense. Worthy and Neal can really live up to their draft slots if thhey can lock up the end spots.

3. Sherrod

Newhouse is awful, ignore what his teammates and coaches say publicly, the guy ain't great. Teddy believed
sherrod to be roughly the 32nd best prospect in the draft, lets see what he can do.

4. Balanced playcalling.

"the situation dictated..." blah blah blah thats BS and everybody knows it.

5. short passing game

whatever happened to our super slants? they were our "bread and butter" for such a long time. throw in some quick outs, drags, screens, and just get the ball out of quarterback hands!


ha


MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:12:46 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
1. Francois push DJ Smith for time.

Robert is alot better athlete, and has really bulked up in the offseason. I think he has stud potential if he gets the chance. remember he put together a solid couple performances last year when Bish and Hawk went down.

2. Pickett rotates with Raji at nose.

Pickett brings nothing in the pass rush department, which is one of our weaknesses, he is just not that kind of player... you dont see many 340-burgers playing DE, even in a 34 defense. Worthy and Neal can really live up to their draft slots if thhey can lock up the end spots.

3. Sherrod

Newhouse is awful, ignore what his teammates and coaches say publicly, the guy ain't great. Teddy believed
sherrod to be roughly the 32nd best prospect in the draft, lets see what he can do.

4. Balanced playcalling.

"the situation dictated..." blah blah blah thats BS and everybody knows it.

5. short passing game

whatever happened to our super slants? they were our "bread and butter" for such a long time. throw in some quick outs, drags, screens, and just get the ball out of quarterback hands!


ha


I love your idea on Francois. I think we're missing Bishops size.. Hell give some snaps to Brad Jones... he isn't the backup MLB for nothing. I just question why Robert fell so far down the depth chart?

I have to disagree on Newhouse. Wheather we like it or not he's the best we got and the best it'll get all year. You wanna start a player who has (correct me if I'm wrong) never started a game and is coming off a bad leg injury to replace Newhouse? Little farfetched when this is the best strech we've seen the line stay together in the first weeks of a season in the last couple years. And what I mean by best streach I mean healthy. And give Newhouse some credit for steping in for Clifton last year and playing pretty well. I mind you before that he never took little to no snaps in the regular season. The whole line needs to play better and more consistant. At times we look dominant. And at times we look like the Bears Oline...

Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:19:53 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,715
Applause Received: 666

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
I love your idea on Francois. I think we're missing Bishops size.. Hell give some snaps to Brad Jones... he isn't the backup MLB for nothing. I just question why Robert fell so far down the depth chart?

I have to disagree on Newhouse. Wheather we like it or not he's the best we got and the best it'll get all year. You wanna start a player who has (correct me if I'm wrong) never started a game and is coming off a bad leg injury to replace Newhouse? Little farfetched when this is the best strech we've seen the line stay together in the first weeks of a season in the last couple years. And what I mean by best streach I mean healthy. And give Newhouse some credit for steping in for Clifton last year and playing pretty well. I mind you before that he never took little to no snaps in the regular season. The whole line needs to play better and more consistant. At times we look dominant. And at times we look like the Bears Oline...



Iirc, Sherrod started a game or two at RT after Bulaga was injured last year. Is that correct? But he'll be eligible to come off PUP after this week. They'll have 3 weeks to make a decision on whether to bring him back this season yet.

It just worries me, because there's been a seeming media blackout on him.

There have been reports on Quarless coming back but not Sherrod. (I'm kind of excited to get Quarless back too, btw.)
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline RajiRoar  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:32:36 AM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/30/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 256

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Iirc, Sherrod started a game or two at RT after Bulaga was injured last year. Is that correct? But he'll be eligible to come off PUP after this week. They'll have 3 weeks to make a decision on whether to bring him back this season yet.

It just worries me, because there's been a seeming media blackout on him.

There have been reports on Quarless coming back but not Sherrod. (I'm kind of excited to get Quarless back too, btw.)


I dont recall Quarless doing alot of good when he was in, but Finley has worn out his welcome in my eyes... he's all talk and not alot of production. now, he could have a MONSTER string of games like at the end of '10 and begining of '11.. but i am done holding my breath for that...

Quarless is just good enough he may push Finley, It's amazing quarless is back really... they were talking like his career was over initally. really blew out his knee bad.


MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline Pack93z  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:34:08 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078



1. Maybe in situations, but Francois also shown that he has limitations in coverage. Not sure what you see the Smith isn't doing, but so be it. He has made plays the last two weeks.. impact plays.

2. Pickett has rotated with Raji at the nose at times, could it happen more. Possibly, but the would require Pick to take less snaps at end. My opinion, Pick, even at this stage, is more consistent than the other options until the light clicks. I think this is the plan moving forward once Neal or Worthy show they can take the bulk of the snaps at the other end.

What I didn't like after Raji went down.. Capers went to more 2 man fronts.

3. Newhouse is not awful, has he struggled in games sure. But for example, last week he was pitching a shutout until Mike McCarthy went into pass happy mode.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:57:11 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

1. Newhouse has been pretty good this year and has spent most of the season on an island. In any case he is nowhere near "awful"

2. Quarless has never done anything to make me think he could or should "push" Finley for snaps. He's got a nice set of brick hands himself and is coming off an obliterated knee... no thanks.

Message modified by user Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:09:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Online Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:06:11 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

1. worry not about referees
2. score more points than the other team
3. see #1
4. see #2
5. see #1!!!!
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:40:50 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

3 things I'd like to see:
1) Aaron Rodgers release the ball faster
2) Mike McCarthy call more screens
3) Kuhn get 10+ carries and each of his carries is between the Tackles. No, Kuhn won't give us yards, but he'll make the defenders hurt

If the first 2 things happen, I can guarantee our O will be considerably better. #3 I'd just like to see because I'm mean.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Yerko  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:58:22 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/15/2008(UTC)
Location: Chicago, IL

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 264

Oh la la, a "# of things I'd like to see" thread. I dig it!

1. More man coverage, less zone.
2. More 3+ pass rushers, no more > 3 man pass rushers.
3. More run plays.
4. More short routes, less deep routes. Our receivers are bosses at YAC so let them earn that YAC.
5. Just play the game. Stop worrying about the refs (the refs had made this tough).
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
zombieslayer on 10/11/2012(UTC), Gaycandybacon on 10/11/2012(UTC)
Online PackFanWithTwins  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:37:27 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Francois won't ever be used to push smith. They play different positions. The little time Francios put in was in relief of Hawk. Francios must have some problem. He lost his backup spot to Brad Jones.

Pickett yes should only be rotational at NT with Pickett, or when in a heavy set or goal line D. Neil, Worthy, Wilson should rotate the DE spots

Sherrod, if he comes back and can beat Newhouse out, all the better, but don't expect that from a guy coming off that injury with little experience or practice at the position. Newhouse is not terrible, he doesn't get the help that Clifton had for the last few years. And many of the sacks are not his fault. He has had his man blocked only to have Rodgers move into the sack. He isn't Joe Thomas but he could be worse. Haven't seen the 2 or 3 false starts a game like Cliffy had.

The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:41:46 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Thank you Yerko. I completely forgot to say NO MORE 3 MAN RUSH!!!!
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Online Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:45:54 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
2. More 3+ pass rushers, no more > 3 man pass rushers.


Those stupid less than/greater than symbols always one up me! Pac-Man eats the bigger number right? So you're saying no more greater than three man pass rushes?


I don't mind them too much, like once or twice a game. It's seeing them over and over again that kill the Packers. I'd vote Yes to never seeing them again without much hesitation though.

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Porforis on 10/11/2012(UTC)
Offline Yerko  
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:27:41 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/15/2008(UTC)
Location: Chicago, IL

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 264

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Those stupid less than/greater than symbols always one up me! Pac-Man eats the bigger number right? So you're saying no more greater than three man pass rushes?


I don't mind them too much, like once or twice a game. It's seeing them over and over again that kill the Packers. I'd vote Yes to never seeing them again without much hesitation though.



Hmm, good question...its been awhile. (Thought I was using it right)

Wrong: > 3
Correction (?): No more 3 > man pass rushes

If not, I give up. Face. Palm.
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:30:38 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

I think it would be no more < 3 man rushes?
Code:


if(iRush > 3) 
{ 
Console.WriteLine("GOOD!"); 
} 
else 
{ 
Console.WriteLine("BAD"); 
}
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline GermanGilbert  
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:44:11 AM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 11/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 37
Applause Received: 87

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I think it would be no more < 3 man rushes?
Code:


if(iRush > 3) 
{ 
Console.WriteLine("GOOD!"); 
} 
else 
{ 
Console.WriteLine("BAD"); 
}


I'd say it should be "no more <= 3 man rushes" as 3 man rushes are bad either.
blank
Online Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:47:46 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

That's what the code says, lol. If it's MORE than 3, good, if not more than 3, bad. That includes 3 man, 2 man, 1 man and no man. :)
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline GermanGilbert  
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:53:43 AM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 11/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 37
Applause Received: 87

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
That's what the code says, lol. If it's MORE than 3, good, if not more than 3, bad. That includes 3 man, 2 man, 1 man and no man. :)


The code yes, but not the question above the code Big Grin
blank
Online Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:58:37 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

Originally Posted by: GermanGilbert Go to Quoted Post
The code yes, but not the question above the code Big Grin


oooh I see! I was only thinking about the code lol
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Rios39  
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:50:27 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/9/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Packers OL by pressure allowed:

1.Saturday-5 2.Sitton-6 3.Lang-7 4.Newhouse-8 5.Bulaga-24


If anyone really think Newhouse is struggled they need a gut check. The entire interior line has been doing pretty good when you consider the amount of attempts they've been up against. Bulagao, however has to get better. His numbers are horrible that's where a lot of the initial pressure is coming from.
blank
thanks Post received 1 applause.
zombieslayer on 10/11/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:34:38 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Rios39 Go to Quoted Post
Packers OL by pressure allowed:

1.Saturday-5 2.Sitton-6 3.Lang-7 4.Newhouse-8 5.Bulaga-24


If anyone really think Newhouse is struggled they need a gut check. The entire interior line has been doing pretty good when you consider the amount of attempts they've been up against. Bulagao, however has to get better. His numbers are horrible that's where a lot of the initial pressure is coming from.


Rios - That's why I would like to see a RB or TE step up and chip block. Bulaga may need some help.

Thanks for the numbers.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Porforis  
#21 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:14:36 PM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Sorry if syntax is off, my bash is a bit rusty. Also for some reason the first few lines of code are truncated, but not if I paste the exact same code again afterwards. Very strange, just pay attention from line 25 on. Would just use the code bracket without defining what type of code but no indentation looks like ass.

Code:


while [ $OFFENSE -eq 1 ];do
   if [ $DOWNS -lt 4 ];then
      if [ $RANDOM%5 + 1 -lt 4 ];then
         PASS = 1
      else
         RUN = 1
      fi
   else
      if [ $YARDLINE -gt 60 ];then
         if [ $YARDSLEFT -lt 2 ];then
            if [ $RANDOM%5 + 1 -lt 4 ];then
               PASS = 1
            else
               RUN = 1
            fi
         else
           OFFENSE = 0
         fi
      else
         OFFENSE = 0       
      fi
   OFFENSE = 0
   fi
done

while [ $OFFENSE -eq 1 ];do
   if [ $DOWNS -lt 4 ];then
      if [ $RANDOM%5 + 1 -lt 4 ];then
         PASS = 1
      else
         RUN = 1
      fi
   else
      if [ $YARDLINE -gt 60 ];then
         if [ $YARDSLEFT -lt 2 ];then
            if [ $RANDOM%5 + 1 -lt 4 ];then
               PASS = 1
            else
               RUN = 1
            fi
         else
           OFFENSE = 0
         fi
      else
         OFFENSE = 0       
      fi
   OFFENSE = 0
   fi
done

Message modified by moderator Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:13:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#22 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 1:28:57 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

1. Run the football.
2. Run the football.
3. Run the football.
4. Run the football.
5. Repeat.
Offline Wade  
#23 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 5:46:44 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 684
Applause Received: 717

Offense:
1. Less plays from the shotgun.
2. More quick slants.
3. More screens.

Defense:
1. Less 3-man rush. (you see, if you use words instead of math symbols, it can be more clear. Big Grin )
2. Less zone-coverage and more mugging at the LOS.
3. Sam Shields to get a break from the officials.
4. Capers figure out how to stop a team on 3rd and long. Hint: see Defense #1.

Other:
5. Hannah Storm and Sage Steele calling the game instead of ...well, anyone currently calling the games. At least then there is a reason for those stupid booth shots.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#24 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 9:24:17 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Offense:
1. Less plays from the shotgun.
2. More quick slants.
3. More screens.

Defense:
1. Less 3-man rush. (you see, if you use words instead of math symbols, it can be more clear. Big Grin )
2. Less zone-coverage and more mugging at the LOS.
3. Sam Shields to get a break from the officials.
4. Capers figure out how to stop a team on 3rd and long. Hint: see Defense #1.

Other:
5. Hannah Storm and Sage Steele calling the game instead of ...well, anyone currently calling the games. At least then there is a reason for those stupid booth shots.


Agreed with the defense.. We need to be more agressive on 3rd and long. More man coverage bringing overload blitzes to get the ball out quick. Ecspecially against Schaub. He isn't mobile at all, so we need to get him out of the pocket where his is most vulnerable.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
now / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

33m / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / civic

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Laser Gunns

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann