Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:10:52 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
i'm not sold on Green.. but he may be our best option at this point.
an
Hawaii has a very non-NFL style offense. so really it's up how how well he's been coached since then.

we know what we have with Starks which is "meh"..


(i'd personally like to see him bulk up that 6'2 frame because he looked like a WR in our SB run.)


At least we know we have 2 Backs with Speed, catching ablity and potential. In Green and Saine. Green reminds me of Benson so much. The body, the running style, the explosiveness (may be even more explosive then Benson) The thing we will miss most from Benson is Pass Protection. Which Green needs to improve on.
Offline Wade  
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 6:14:45 AM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 645
Applause Received: 657

How about this?

The Packers hire a "head coach's assistant". Pay him $1K/game and pay his plane flights and hotel bills.

He has two jobs.

1. Stand on the sideline and say, "Coach, you're calling too many pass plays again."
2. Stand on the sideline and say, "Mike, you dumb f*ck, you just called four straight plays from the shotgun again."

Bet the team pays far more than that for motivational speakers, consultants, and whatnot.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:09:45 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

4 drives, 3 minutes.

40 second play clock right? We'll use 35 seconds per play to round it down a bit.

15:00 - 1st and 10 - run for zero yards
14:25 - 2nd and 10 - run for zero yards
13:50 - 3rd and 10 - run for zero yards
13:15 - 4th and 10 - punt

Figure 1 minutes, 45 seconds for 1 drive.
Figure 3 minutes, 30 seconds for 2 drives.
Figure 5 minutes, 15 seconds for 3 drives.
Figure 7 minutes, 00 seconds for 4 drives.


12 runs for 0 yards over four drives eats up 7 minutes. Whereas the Packers chewed up 3 minutes previously. We can't go back an change the outcome, but I wonder what would have happened if the Colts had 4 less minutes to play with.
UserPostedImage
Offline macbob  
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:52:11 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 264
Applause Received: 227

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
4 drives, 3 minutes.

40 second play clock right? We'll use 35 seconds per play to round it down a bit.

15:00 - 1st and 10 - run for zero yards
14:25 - 2nd and 10 - run for zero yards
13:50 - 3rd and 10 - run for zero yards
13:15 - 4th and 10 - punt

Figure 1 minutes, 45 seconds for 1 drive.
Figure 3 minutes, 30 seconds for 2 drives.
Figure 5 minutes, 15 seconds for 3 drives.
Figure 7 minutes, 00 seconds for 4 drives.


12 runs for 0 yards over four drives eats up 7 minutes. Whereas the Packers chewed up 3 minutes previously. We can't go back an change the outcome, but I wonder what would have happened if the Colts had 4 less minutes to play with.


I'll just say that I find it highly unusual for a team up by 18 and getting the ball to start the 2nd half to call the first seven plays pass plays, with 6 out of the shotgun, resulting in two 3 & outs (one became a 4 & out because a penalty was called on one of the pass plays). With a lead like that I would have expected SOME attempt at running some time off the clock.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 10/11/2012(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:59:50 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
I'll just say that I find it highly unusual for a team up by 18 and getting the ball to start the 2nd half to call the first seven plays pass plays, with 6 out of the shotgun, resulting in two 3 & outs (one became a 4 & out because a penalty was called on one of the pass plays). With a lead like that I would have expected SOME attempt at running some time off the clock.


I have no earthly idea why they went to a sorta shootout/desparate gameplan in the 2nd half. I hope it doesn't continue. That opening half INT and quick score cause that apporach. Very uncharacteristic by this offense.
Offline steveishere  
#21 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:15:02 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 880

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
i'm not sold on Green.. but he may be our best option at this point.

Hawaii has a very non-NFL style offense. so really it's up how how well he's been coached since then.

we know what we have with Starks which is "meh"..


(i'd personally like to see him bulk up that 6'2 frame because he looked like a WR in our SB run.)


Well they had a spread with zone blocking and a lot of runs out of the shotgun so it seems like a pretty GB/NFL style offense
Offline Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 6:31:43 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Against the Texans, the Packers only had one drive that resulted in no points that was less than a minute.

00:27 GNB 46 3 7 Punt

That was within the last 6 minutes of the game.

http://scores.espn.go.co...vechart?gameId=321014034
UserPostedImage
Offline macbob  
#23 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 6:17:02 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 264
Applause Received: 227

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Against the Texans, the Packers only had one drive that resulted in no points that was less than a minute.

00:27 GNB 46 3 7 Punt

That was within the last 6 minutes of the game.

http://scores.espn.go.co...vechart?gameId=321014034


And Mike McCarthy called running plays in all three possessions we had in the 3rd qtr when ahead by 11 at half, including 5 runs in the first possession that resulted in a TD.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
28m / Green Bay Packers Talk / RaiderPride

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / blueleopard

1-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

1-Sep / Random Babble / nyrpack

1-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

1-Sep / Around The NFL / nyrpack

1-Sep / Around The NFL / nyrpack


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.