Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
12 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yerko  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:03:07 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/15/2008(UTC)
Location: Chicago, IL

Applause Given: 152
Applause Received: 248

Well, Finley's drops clearly aren't his fault...they are Rodgers' fault...

Brian Carriveau wrote:
Quote:
...Finley returned to the chemistry issue in an interview Wednesday with Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee.com and placed the burden on his quarterback. “Not good enough at all,” Finley said about his chemistry with Rodgers. “Something to be worked on, and try to work on it as much as I can, try to talk to him as much as I can, but like I said it takes two people.


I was a Finley believer and kept waiting for the "development" to come. The only development I am seeing is his use of excuses of his suckage.

Link to Brian's Article
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 10/11/2012(UTC)
Online Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:18:02 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
Well, Finley's drops clearly aren't his fault...they are Rodgers' fault...

Brian Carriveau wrote:


I was a Finley believer and kept waiting for the "development" to come. The only development I am seeing is his use of excuses of his suckage.

Link to Brian's Article


Yerko got taken ... hook ... line ... SINKER!!

Here's the link to the actual source, Jason Wilde, not another Packers fan site! :P
Source - read this instead of Brian's article which is filled with unreasonable naive bias. I said it Brian-shock-value-for-page-clicks! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:57:26 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 678
Applause Received: 698

Well, IMO Finley doesn't come off good in the original article either.

IMO Rodgers hones in Finley too often, just like he did back in 2010 before Finley's injury then.

At this point, I'd almost rather have Bubba-I-never-break-a-tackle Franks.

Scratch that. Delete the "almost."

And I definitely would rather have The Toolbox.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 10/11/2012(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:04:18 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,630
Applause Received: 654

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Well, IMO Finley doesn't come off good in the original article either.

IMO Rodgers hones in Finley too often, just like he did back in 2010 before Finley's injury then.

At this point, I'd almost rather have Bubba-I-never-break-a-tackle Franks.

Scratch that. Delete the "almost."

And I definitely would rather have The Toolbox.


Paul Coffman!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Pack93z  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:05:21 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 397
Applause Received: 1,075

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Paul Coffman!


Ed West!
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:43:01 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

I think everyone is too hard on Finley. I mean you want Bubba Franks over him? That's crazy if you ask me. He's 3rd on the team in receptions and Nelson is droping as much balls as him. I gotta piggy back what Aaron Rodgers said. Jermicheal has to get confidence early in the game. Honestly the guy drops one ball and he needs to shoved out of Green Bay? Cmon now.. See how he progresses through the season and see if he gets more consistant before considering an replacement. This type of talent and body type doesn't come around often. He just needs to play ball. I've seen some good flashes in the Seahawks and Saints game and I'll say the guy is underrated at blocking. I hope he gets healthy and hits a good stride. We need him.
Offline nerdmann  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 3:25:54 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,630
Applause Received: 654

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
I think everyone is too hard on Finley. I mean you want Bubba Franks over him? That's crazy if you ask me. He's 3rd on the team in receptions and Nelson is droping as much balls as him. I gotta piggy back what Aaron Rodgers said. Jermicheal has to get confidence early in the game. Honestly the guy drops one ball and he needs to shoved out of Green Bay? Cmon now.. See how he progresses through the season and see if he gets more consistant before considering an replacement. This type of talent and body type doesn't come around often. He just needs to play ball. I've seen some good flashes in the Seahawks and Saints game and I'll say the guy is underrated at blocking. I hope he gets healthy and hits a good stride. We need him.


Dude has this season to prove himself. Actually he's got that 2 year contract.

But in fairness, he's dropped more than one ball.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:12:04 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Dude has this season to prove himself. Actually he's got that 2 year contract.

But in fairness, he's dropped more than one ball.


Jordy Nelson and Jermichael Finley have dropped five passes each. Where's the Jordy Nelson bashing?
UserPostedImage
Offline macbob  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:32:11 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 296
Applause Received: 249

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Jordy Nelson and Jermichael Finley have dropped five passes each. Where's the Jordy Nelson bashing?


Jordy doesn't run off at the mouth as much as Jerkmichael.
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:43:56 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
Jordy doesn't run off at the mouth as much as Jerkmichael.


I'm not saying he doesn't say some unnecessary things. I'm just saying people jump to conclusions and if they took the time to listen to his entire interviews and the questions asked ... most would have a different opinion.

I think his little shark fin after a first down is absurd, however, when you catch one out 8 passes I suppose one does have to celebrate.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:47:56 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Jordy also had a 15 TD season. Let's run some stats here:
Jordy:
Code:


2011 - 68 	1263 	18.6 	15 	
2012 - 23 	289 	12.6 	1


Finley:
Code:


2011 - 55 	767 	13.9 	8
2012 - 22 	198 	9.0 	1


For the record, I have yet to hear Jordy complaining about Aaron Rodgers not looking at him enough. He just catches passes and gets TDs.

Jordy also was a stud in the SB. He's on the front cover of that SB Sports Illustrated issue with Aaron. That was the year Finley was injured and Aaron Rodgers actually spread the ball around like Favre did post Sterling Sharpe. When Finley's healthy, Aaron forces it to him like Favre did to Sterling Sharpe.

(Except Sharpe actually caught passes).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Online Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 5:02:18 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

When has Jermichael Finley complained about Aaron Rodgers not looking at him enough?

I guess I am just not full of bias and call it like I see it. Nelson five drops. Finley five drops. Both need to up their game. And with that said, I trust Nelson to recover quicker than Finley. Shrug
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 6:05:16 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 202

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Jordy also had a 15 TD season. Let's run some stats here:
Jordy:
Code:


2011 - 68 	1263 	18.6 	15 	
2012 - 23 	289 	12.6 	1


Finley:
Code:


2011 - 55 	767 	13.9 	8
2012 - 22 	198 	9.0 	1


For the record, I have yet to hear Jordy complaining about Aaron Rodgers not looking at him enough. He just catches passes and gets TDs.

Jordy also was a stud in the SB. He's on the front cover of that SB Sports Illustrated issue with Aaron. That was the year Finley was injured and Aaron Rodgers actually spread the ball around like Favre did post Sterling Sharpe. When Finley's healthy, Aaron forces it to him like Favre did to Sterling Sharpe.

(Except Sharpe actually caught passes).


Just think of the stats Jordy would've had if he didn't have like 4 drops in the Super Bowl lol.

UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 6:55:57 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Jordy is selfless, and he doesn't care if he catches 2 balls or 20 balls. Jordy Nelson just wants to win, and I hardly think J-Mike doesn't have the same mantality.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
zombieslayer on 10/12/2012(UTC)
Offline RaiderPride  
#15 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 7:00:55 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 7/17/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 114
Applause Received: 204

Enough is enough. He is a monster talent if he focused well. But he has become the center of gravity for bad press, and bad press seeps into locker rooms and can manifest into a cancer in team chemistry.

From PFT- And the comments are interesting.

http://profootballtalk.n...-chemistry-with-rodgers/
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
12 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / cheeseheads123

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

24-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann