Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
12 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#31 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 9:14:13 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 174

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Completely agreed. He is a fun loving type.. but exactly he has no filter. So, in effect, what I am saying is talk about things outside of the locker room. Hell talk about anything other than the relationships within the locker room. Especially after his dumbass agent stepped in shit a couple weeks ago.

He talks a ton.. so be it. He just needs to choose his topics with more care. IMO.


I agree to the fact that the media and fans make excuses when players talk more than others. Like they made it a big deal when Rodgers called out the rookies on the radio. Who the f*ck cares?! First they question the guys leadership, now this?

It's like everyone is making Finley out to be Ochocinco esk.... f*cking ridiculous.... You don't see Finley knocking his wife upside the head.

I've seen Finleys off the field stuff and wheather people agree or not he is a great guy and a family person just like everyone in the Packers locker room.
Offline zombieslayer  
#32 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 9:32:15 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

It would be in Finley's best interest if he chooses to remain a Packer to fire his agent and hire a different one.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#33 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 9:45:28 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,868
Applause Received: 2,042

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
James Jones over the last couple years droped balls and they still brought him back last year. Why not give Finley a chance? Obviously Jones is making most of his oppurtunity this year. Who's to say Finley can't rebound in a young 2012 season? No ones lobbying to get JJ out anymore are they?


I was understanding of Finley's drops last season. I said over and over, he didn't have a problem with drops previously, so perhaps its a focus thing that he's worried about contract and showing coach he can play 16 games. He played 16. He got a contract. YET THE DROPS CONTINUE! And yet when making a 12 yard catch on 2nd down while losing he show boats?? He's costing something like $8 million!

James Jones, I was very understanding with him too, many here wanted him cut or traded for a bag of k-balls. I supported him because he's one of my favorite WR to watch MAKE the catch. He has soft hands. His problem as I mentioned and he later acknowledged publicly, he has a problem with over the shoulder passes.

2011 only one WR had more drops than James Jones (6), and that was Donald Driver (8).


Finley is from Houston, if he doesn't have a breakout game here ... I don't think he will. He's a matchup nightmare, but if you can't catch the ball, what's the point?
UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#34 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 9:54:03 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 174

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I was understanding of Finley's drops last season. I said over and over, he didn't have a problem with drops previously, so perhaps its a focus thing that he's worried about contract and showing coach he can play 16 games. He played 16. He got a contract. YET THE DROPS CONTINUE! And yet when making a 12 yard catch on 2nd down while losing he show boats?? He's costing something like $8 million!

James Jones, I was very understanding with him too, many here wanted him cut or traded for a bag of k-balls. I supported him because he's one of my favorite WR to watch MAKE the catch. He has soft hands. His problem as I mentioned and he later acknowledged publicly, he has a problem with over the shoulder passes.

2011 only one WR had more drops than James Jones (6), and that was Donald Driver (8).


Finley is from Houston, if he doesn't have a breakout game here ... I don't think he will. He's a matchup nightmare, but if you can't catch the ball, what's the point?


So you think he droped balls to prevent injurys?

And about the show boating thing... cmon who doesn't get pumped over first downs? So he points his arm out foward after a play big woop...it's not like we were losing the game..
Offline Rockmolder  
#35 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 9:58:40 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 243

He's one of those guys that'll never reach his full potential. I think it's better to just cut your losses now and get it over with. Maybe it'll flip a switch in his head which makes him succesful with his next team or he'll just jump from team to team and sizzle out.

Either way, letting him go after this year would be in our best interest.

f*ck you, Jermichael. f*ck you and your trivia contests.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#36 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 10:01:39 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,868
Applause Received: 2,042

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
So you think he droped balls to prevent injurys?

And about the show boating thing... cmon who doesn't get pumped over first downs? So he points his arm out foward after a play big woop...it's not like we were losing the game..


See what you did there? Putting words in my mouth. :) I'm saying worrying about contract and worrying about showing coach he can play 16 games knocked his focus out of whack. I think I need to copy/paste that statement cuz I seem to be typing it a lot, lol.

I don't think he's afraid to get hit.


Being excited and showing excitement is great, when it's earned. When you dropped a 3rd down pass that would have been a first down and later catch a 2nd down pass for a first down ... you don't showboat you're losing, you just don't do that. Since you like twisting my words around here, to be clear, I'm not saying to trade/drop him because of showboating. I just don't feel his production equals his contract and with other important players like Clay Matthews III and Aaron Rodgers need money, I'd rather see it go to them.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#37 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 10:07:42 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
He's one of those guys that'll never reach his full potential. I think it's better to just cut your losses now and get it over with. Maybe it'll flip a switch in his head which makes him succesful with his next team or he'll just jump from team to team and sizzle out.

Either way, letting him go after this year would be in our best interest.

f*ck you, Jermichael. f*ck you and your trivia contests.


I take it Finley never gave you your glove.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#38 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 10:09:30 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 174

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
See what you did there? Putting words in my mouth. :) I'm saying worrying about contract and worrying about showing coach he can play 16 games knocked his focus out of whack. I think I need to copy/paste that statement cuz I seem to be typing it a lot, lol. i'd

I don't think he's afraid to get hit.


Being excited and showing excitement is great, when it's earned. When you dropped a 3rd down pass that would have been a first down and later catch a 2nd down pass for a first down ... you don't showboat you're losing, you just don't do that. Since you like twisting my words around here, to be clear, I'm not saying to trade/drop him because of showboating. I just don't feel his production equals his contract and with other important players like Clay Matthews III and Aaron Rodgers need money, I'd rather see it go to them.


I agree he made key drops that leads to losing. But I meant when he showboats it's not when we're losing. At least from what I've seen. I also agree that he gets to much of payday. When the likes of other players are on their last year of their contracts. And include Greg to that list. WHICH I'd keep him 10 times over Finley. Even baring Injurys.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#39 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 10:16:22 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,868
Applause Received: 2,042

You're right, showing excitement even when losing can be good because it can get guys riled up and get the adrenaline going. What I have an issue with is when YOU could have prevented the team from falling behind or tacking on points by catching that 3rd down pass and then showboat on a catch later that is essentially unimportant to the outcome of the game ... that just doesn't seem right to me.

UserPostedImage
Offline TimeToThink  
#40 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 10:26:40 AM(UTC)
TimeToThink

Rank: Practice Squad

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)


Finley talks a bigger game than he's ever shown.

Guy has all the physical talent in the world. He just doesn't have that intangible quality. And he not-so-subtly blames everything and everyone but himself, which is the difference between him and players like Driver, Jennings and Nelson. When they play bad, they don't slyly point the finger at their QB.

I'm over him. And I can only hope Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson are over him, too.
blank
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#41 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 10:27:46 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Go back and look at what Drops he has had. Yes some of them like the one in SF that was in his gut going to the ground should have been caught. But look at some of the others.

1 against Chicago, he was being held through his break and the ball gets to him right after? If the defender is holding him, he is not open and the ball should never have been thrown there. Unless Rodgers was trying for a flag instead of a completion. Pretty tough to call it a drop. And if it was not an attempt to get a flag, and Finley was the best option while being held, what does that say about the rest of the receivers being open?

Another against Chicago, he was on a full out dive. Was a tough throw and an extemely tough catch.

last week, Rodgers hits Finley on his hip, when Finley is running away from him. Terrible place to throw the ball, the defender was trailing, so a Pick was possible with that throw, and the position, made Finley twist and reach back and down to make the catch. If the ball it thrown out in front where it should be, Finley probably doesn't drop it.

Finley has only had a couple, BAD drops. The others would be great catches if he had managed.

As for his comments, if you want to take what he says as a negative, you will. It is just as easily to take them as a positive. JMike knows he needs better communication with Rodgers. He constantly says, I need to work on that, and I need to spend the time talking with him.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 10/12/2012(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#42 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 10:27:54 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 174

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
You're right, showing excitement even when losing can be good because it can get guys riled up and get the adrenaline going. What I have an issue with is when YOU could have prevented the team from falling behind or tacking on points by catching that 3rd down pass and then showboat on a catch later that is essentially unimportant to the outcome of the game ... that just doesn't seem right to me.



That's comepletly true it doesn't seem right because it does nothing for the team. But don't you think he does that to gain confidence? As Aaron Rodgers always says Finley needs confidence early and often. What happens if it's the other way around though? He catches a ball, showboats, then later in the game drops a ball. Wouldn't that be worse? Idk maybe it just depends where it happens in the game.
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#43 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 10:32:50 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 174

Originally Posted by: TimeToThink Go to Quoted Post
Finley talks a bigger game than he's ever shown.

Guy has all the physical talent in the world. He just doesn't have that intangible quality. And he not-so-subtly blames everything and everyone but himself, which is the difference between him and players like Driver, Jennings and Nelson. When they play bad, they don't slyly point the finger at their QB.

I'm over him. And I can only hope Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson are over him, too.


I just don't think Finley should be a controversey in Green Bay. I mean if Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson got rid of him it wouldn't solve all our problems.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#44 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 10:35:31 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
I just don't think Finley should be a controversey in Green Bay. I mean if Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson got rid of him it wouldn't solve all our problems.


It wouldn't solve any problem. People will just find somebody else to target. Bush and Hawk are still around. Jennings made his contract statement about maybe not ending up in GB.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#45 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 10:39:20 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 174

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Go back and look at what Drops he has had. Yes some of them like the one in SF that was in his gut going to the ground should have been caught. But look at some of the others.

1 against Chicago, he was being held through his break and the ball gets to him right after? If the defender is holding him, he is not open and the ball should never have been thrown there. Unless Rodgers was trying for a flag instead of a completion. Pretty tough to call it a drop. And if it was not an attempt to get a flag, and Finley was the best option while being held, what does that say about the rest of the receivers being open?

Another against Chicago, he was on a full out dive. Was a tough throw and an extemely tough catch.

last week, Rodgers hits Finley on his hip, when Finley is running away from him. Terrible place to throw the ball, the defender was trailing, so a Pick was possible with that throw, and the position, made Finley twist and reach back and down to make the catch. If the ball it thrown out in front where it should be, Finley probably doesn't drop it.

Finley has only had a couple, BAD drops. The others would be great catches if he had managed.

As for his comments, if you want to take what he says as a negative, you will. It is just as easily to take them as a positive. JMike knows he needs better communication with Rodgers. He constantly says, I need to work on that, and I need to spend the time talking with him.


Couldn't be more on the money there. It's not like he's a cocky bitch that preaches that he's the best player ever. All he ever says is that he wants his team to win.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
12 Pages<12345>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
45m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

59m / Random Babble / dfosterf

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

2h / Welcome to our Community! / dfosterf

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / luigis

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dexter_Sinister


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.