Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
18 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#41 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 10:27:46 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 24
Applause Received: 917
Go back and look at what Drops he has had. Yes some of them like the one in SF that was in his gut going to the ground should have been caught. But look at some of the others.

1 against Chicago, he was being held through his break and the ball gets to him right after? If the defender is holding him, he is not open and the ball should never have been thrown there. Unless Rodgers was trying for a flag instead of a completion. Pretty tough to call it a drop. And if it was not an attempt to get a flag, and Finley was the best option while being held, what does that say about the rest of the receivers being open?

Another against Chicago, he was on a full out dive. Was a tough throw and an extemely tough catch.

last week, Rodgers hits Finley on his hip, when Finley is running away from him. Terrible place to throw the ball, the defender was trailing, so a Pick was possible with that throw, and the position, made Finley twist and reach back and down to make the catch. If the ball it thrown out in front where it should be, Finley probably doesn't drop it.

Finley has only had a couple, BAD drops. The others would be great catches if he had managed.

As for his comments, if you want to take what he says as a negative, you will. It is just as easily to take them as a positive. JMike knows he needs better communication with Rodgers. He constantly says, I need to work on that, and I need to spend the time talking with him.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 10/12/2012(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#42 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 10:27:54 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 146
Applause Received: 187
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
You're right, showing excitement even when losing can be good because it can get guys riled up and get the adrenaline going. What I have an issue with is when YOU could have prevented the team from falling behind or tacking on points by catching that 3rd down pass and then showboat on a catch later that is essentially unimportant to the outcome of the game ... that just doesn't seem right to me.

That's comepletly true it doesn't seem right because it does nothing for the team. But don't you think he does that to gain confidence? As Aaron Rodgers always says Finley needs confidence early and often. What happens if it's the other way around though? He catches a ball, showboats, then later in the game drops a ball. Wouldn't that be worse? Idk maybe it just depends where it happens in the game.
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#43 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 10:32:50 AM(UTC)

United States
TimeToThink said: Go to Quoted Post
Finley talks a bigger game than he's ever shown.

Guy has all the physical talent in the world. He just doesn't have that intangible quality. And he not-so-subtly blames everything and everyone but himself, which is the difference between him and players like Driver, Jennings and Nelson. When they play bad, they don't slyly point the finger at their QB.

I'm over him. And I can only hope Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson are over him, too.

I just don't think Finley should be a controversey in Green Bay. I mean if Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson got rid of him it wouldn't solve all our problems.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#44 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 10:35:31 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 24
Applause Received: 917
Gaycandybacon said: Go to Quoted Post
I just don't think Finley should be a controversey in Green Bay. I mean if Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson got rid of him it wouldn't solve all our problems.

It wouldn't solve any problem. People will just find somebody else to target. Bush and Hawk are still around. Jennings made his contract statement about maybe not ending up in GB.
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#45 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 10:39:20 AM(UTC)

United States
PackFanWithTwins said: Go to Quoted Post
Go back and look at what Drops he has had. Yes some of them like the one in SF that was in his gut going to the ground should have been caught. But look at some of the others.

1 against Chicago, he was being held through his break and the ball gets to him right after? If the defender is holding him, he is not open and the ball should never have been thrown there. Unless Rodgers was trying for a flag instead of a completion. Pretty tough to call it a drop. And if it was not an attempt to get a flag, and Finley was the best option while being held, what does that say about the rest of the receivers being open?

Another against Chicago, he was on a full out dive. Was a tough throw and an extemely tough catch.

last week, Rodgers hits Finley on his hip, when Finley is running away from him. Terrible place to throw the ball, the defender was trailing, so a Pick was possible with that throw, and the position, made Finley twist and reach back and down to make the catch. If the ball it thrown out in front where it should be, Finley probably doesn't drop it.

Finley has only had a couple, BAD drops. The others would be great catches if he had managed.

As for his comments, if you want to take what he says as a negative, you will. It is just as easily to take them as a positive. JMike knows he needs better communication with Rodgers. He constantly says, I need to work on that, and I need to spend the time talking with him.

Couldn't be more on the money there. It's not like he's a cocky bitch that preaches that he's the best player ever. All he ever says is that he wants his team to win.
Offline zombieslayer  
#46 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 11:22:57 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
PackFanWithTwins said: Go to Quoted Post
It wouldn't solve any problem. People will just find somebody else to target. Bush and Hawk are still around. Jennings made his contract statement about maybe not ending up in GB.

Hawk is playing really well this year though. So that rules out Hawk for the scapegoat.
Offline play2win  
#47 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 1:20:16 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724
You know, there are an assload of players - AND COACHES - on this team who have underplayed/underperformed. Finley is not alone. Hawk has played well the last 3 games, but stunk it up to start the season in my view. Look at Bulaga! What the hell...???!!!! Jordy is dropping stuff he rarely dropped before.

I want Jermichael Finley to turn it all around. I really do. Hopefully that happens. The guy has very little leeway in my book, as a fan. He needs to turn this around. Catch catchable balls. Make good blocks. Cut down on errors. Be a go-to guy. Be dependable. Quit doing and being the opposite of this!

If he's going to keep screwing this up, trade him before the deadline.
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#48 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 1:37:13 PM(UTC)

United States
play2win said: Go to Quoted Post
You know, there are an assload of players - AND COACHES - on this team who have underplayed/underperformed. Finley is not alone. Hawk has played well the last 3 games, but stunk it up to start the season in my view. Look at Bulaga! What the hell...???!!!! Jordy is dropping stuff he rarely dropped before.

I want Jermichael Finley to turn it all around. I really do. Hopefully that happens. The guy has very little leeway in my book, as a fan. He needs to turn this around. Catch catchable balls. Make good blocks. Cut down on errors. Be a go-to guy. Be dependable. Quit doing and being the opposite of this!

If he's going to keep screwing this up, trade him before the deadline.

Trading him even if he underperforms this week is a bad idea. It would be like losing him in the 2010 season. I know we won the super bowl without him, but our teams TE play dropped off signifigantly. I just don't understand that approach, I think it would be stupid to be honest.

Offline zombieslayer  
#49 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 2:35:35 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
Gaycandybacon said: Go to Quoted Post
Trading him even if he underperforms this week is a bad idea. It would be like losing him in the 2010 season. I know we won the super bowl without him, but our teams TE play dropped off signifigantly. I just don't understand that approach, I think it would be stupid to be honest.

Gay - how old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm not asking in a condescending way by any means, but wondering if you're old enough to remember Sterling Sharpe.

Sharpe was hands down the best WR Brett Favre ever had to throw to. And no, Javon Walker wasn't even close. Sharpe was a superstar could have been the only WR to ever threaten Jerry Rice's records.

However, Favre used Sharpe TOO much and forced things to Sharpe even when he was triple covered and threw unnecessary INTs because of that.

Same thing with Finley. Note that this is NOT a knock on Finley and rather a knock on Rodgers.

When Finley went down in 2010, Rodgers started throwing to everyone, spreading the ball around, and driving opposing Defensive Coordinators nuts. He had one point in the season where 4 of 6 games were over a 130 QB rating.

In 2012, Rodgers is back to his old ways of forcing things to Finley.

And Finley is no Sterling Sharpe.
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#50 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 3:05:39 PM(UTC)

United States
zombieslayer said: Go to Quoted Post
Gay - how old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm not asking in a condescending way by any means, but wondering if you're old enough to remember Sterling Sharpe.

Sharpe was hands down the best WR Brett Favre ever had to throw to. And no, Javon Walker wasn't even close. Sharpe was a superstar could have been the only WR to ever threaten Jerry Rice's records.

However, Favre used Sharpe TOO much and forced things to Sharpe even when he was triple covered and threw unnecessary INTs because of that.

Same thing with Finley. Note that this is NOT a knock on Finley and rather a knock on Rodgers.

When Finley went down in 2010, Rodgers started throwing to everyone, spreading the ball around, and driving opposing Defensive Coordinators nuts. He had one point in the season where 4 of 6 games were over a 130 QB rating.

In 2012, Rodgers is back to his old ways of forcing things to Finley.

And Finley is no Sterling Sharpe.

20. I wish I could of seen him play sadly I didn't but I love that he's still around on playbook!!8-[

I think he's acutally trying to spread the ball around imo. I keep seeing stats every game where it says he connects with 7 recievers or more. Idk if that's what you mean or not. He rarely doesn't force it either other than that dropped INT by Briggs. Nothing like he did in the Eagles game opener 2 years ago throwing it into double coverage to Finley.

If he does force it he's been deadly accurate. Prime example the droped pass in the endzone to Finley. It was a tough catch but right on the money.
Rss Feed