You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<45678>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online Wade  
#76 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 9:40:53 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 560
Applause Received: 584

Fantastic concentration/determination by Jones on both TD plays.
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Pack93z on 10/14/2012(UTC), wpr on 10/15/2012(UTC)
Offline flep  
#77 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 2:36:06 AM(UTC)
flep

United Kingdom

Applause Given: 53
Applause Received: 60

It's Monday Morning 10:34 in the UK and after 4 1/2 hours sleep it feels good to be a Packer fan.

Great performance in all facets of the game.

We needed a statement and we got one.
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 30 years

UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 10/15/2012(UTC), nerdmann on 10/15/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#78 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 5:35:17 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,784

Aaron Rodgers Post Game wrote:
Of course, I heard it. It wasn’t like I paid a lot of attention to it, but people, whether it’s good stuff or bad stuff, friends of mine, they like to tell me what’s being said out there. I’m not somebody that watches a ton of TV or puts a whole lot of worth into some of those comments, but I feel like I’ve always played with a chip on my shoulder. It helps when people give me a reason to have that chip.

James Jones wrote:
I ain’t never seen him that focused. He was extremely focused today. You could see it in his eyes. You could see it when he talked to us.

You know, he calls us up before every game, and he was just like, ‘I’m going to be the lead dog. Follow me. I’m going to make some plays. I haven’t been playing that well. I’m going to make some plays.’

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline El3ment12  
#79 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 5:40:04 AM(UTC)
El3ment12

Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 22

There's that high powered offense we are used to seeing. I was worried about the Texans D before this game, but Rodgers had a lot of time in the pocket. What a great win.
Offline LambeauEast  
#80 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 6:19:32 AM(UTC)
LambeauEast

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 20

I love being wrong! I may have to pick against them every week.

James Jones is on fire with the catches he's making.

Finley Schminley!

Injuries, injuries, injuries....are we gonna have to pull a 2010 all over again?

Just enough of a run game to keep them honest.

Let's see two in a row now!! No egg laying.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#81 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 8:44:14 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Watt can have the personal achievements, Clay and the Pack will take the win any day. Matthews dominated their run game any time they came his way. May not be sexy on the stat sheet but it was far more effective.

I do wish the Pack had Watt though. Guy's an animal.

True. Whereas CM3 didn't have the sacks to brag about, he did play the run extremely well. As did Hawk, who this year is playing like a 1st round draft pick. Applause
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 10/15/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#82 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 8:56:49 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,393
Applause Received: 1,187

Originally Posted by: flep Go to Quoted Post
It's Monday Morning 10:34 in the UK and after 4 1/2 hours sleep it feels good to be a Packer fan.

Great performance in all facets of the game.

We needed a statement and we got one.

Yeah I had to get up at 530 this morning. I got a little more sleep but not a whole lot. It still feels good. I might try and catch a nap after work. Can't go to bed too early. I have a baseball game tonight.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#83 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 9:01:20 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,393
Applause Received: 1,187

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

James Jones said:
I ain’t never seen him that focused. He was extremely focused today. You could see it in his eyes. You could see it when he talked to us.

You know, he calls us up before every game, and he was just like, ‘I’m going to be the lead dog. Follow me. I’m going to make some plays. I haven’t been playing that well. I’m going to make some plays.’

He may have been more focused but the truth of the matter is he had more time last night. it only takes a little success running the ball to give him the time to compete the palys. many of his passes where are a little scramble or moving in the pocket and allowing his receivers to get free.

AR can be focused and want it all he wants if he only has .5 sec to drop back, read the defense, look for the open receiver and then chuck the rock it ain't goin to happen.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline play2win  
#84 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 9:02:27 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 841
Applause Received: 547

29 rushing attempts by our RBs!!!

Our run D held the most prolific RB in the NFL to 100 yds LESS than his average!

Key players stepped in for their injured teammates, and played one hell of a game.

Kudos to Rodgers, Cobb, Nelson, Jones and Crabtree on getting the passing game back on track. Also have to give a big shout to the OL and to McCarthy for dialing in all those runs. It was a thing of beauty.
Offline zombieslayer  
#85 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 9:06:34 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Not a head scratcher, when you're leading you run more to run the clock out.

That said, having an at least marginally effective run game, particularly on some of the draw plays, and running it often enough to make the opposing defense stop and think seemed to slow their pass rush and let our pass attack shine. You talked about this in another post. This is what we need to do. We may not have the most balanced offense, and we're not built to. If we play it like we did tonight though we make the other team at least think about the run and that hesitation is all Rodgers and company need when they're on their game.

After finishing this post I feel like your "head scratcher" line might have been sarcastic... hard to read tone.

Sort of sarcastic.

This is more of a response to the "we need a good RB" myth that has been harped on consistently by football fans. We don't need a "good" RB. We just need NFL caliber RBs, which means somewhere in the top 100 of the position. Yes, that's all we really need.

A good OL should open up the holes where any of the top 100 RBs in the NFL could get 3+ ypc, and that's pretty much all you need. Top $$$ should be spent on D, as from my research, D wins Championships, and secondary in importance is an elite QB. RBs don't matter, and don't even figure in the equation of who wins Championships.

Through my research, I found I was wrong about the %s of pass/run. I thought we could go 65/35. You can't do that all season long. High 50s is about the right %. And too much rushing (50% or more) is also a bad thing.

In the game last night, we got to see Green get 22 carries. The 67 yards would actually be considered "mediocre," but that's fine. Mediocre RBs are ideal as like I've said, the yards don't matter. All that matters are the carries.

You'll get the yards if you have a decent OL. Benson, Green, Starks, Ryan Grant, and probably Brandon Seine could all be thrown back there and the game results will be the same.

Green did what he was supposed to do - hold on to the football and get 3+ ypc. That's it. That's all you really need from a RB.

From a Packers' perspective, bonus if the RB can catch passes and block.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
thanks Post received 1 applause.
macbob on 10/15/2012(UTC)
Offline flep  
#86 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 9:07:06 AM(UTC)
flep

United Kingdom

Applause Given: 53
Applause Received: 60

Just realised when Greg Jennings comes back this passing O can only get better, Jordy stepped up big time last night.

You can't double team them both because that will leave Jones and Cobb open nearly every play.

No need for our opponents to cover Finley though.
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 30 years

UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Offline DarkaneRules  
#87 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 9:40:04 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 132
Applause Received: 197

Do you guys think that Raji is overvalued as a run defender? Pickett seemed much more effective in there and even our nickel seems well equipped to step up over that with Neal and Worthy together.
Offline Pack93z  
#88 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 9:49:38 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 351
Applause Received: 932

Some unheralded game balls.

Pickett, Worthy and CJ Wilson... those boys played a whale of a game. Worthy at times was blowing people up.

Hawk to me, was as much if not more valuable last night than Matthews. This years attacking version of Hawk.. this is the AJ of OSU that I remember. As impressed with him as every in his Packer career.

Tim Mastay. He consistently flipped the field for the Packers last night. Dropping punts in.. booming them when needed. A+

Alex Green. Consistently found and exploited creases.. ran with power when needed. You could see it in Starks eyes.. he has work to do in order to pick up carries.

Different note.. the biggest loss from the DJ Smith injury.. his coverage skills will be missed if he is on the shelf for the season. My Opinion.. on the best coverage backers in the league.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#89 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 9:57:40 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,105
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
True. Whereas CM3 didn't have the sacks to brag about, he did play the run extremely well. As did Hawk, who this year is playing like a 1st round draft pick. Applause

That's fine, but others were getting the sacks instead. Worthy even got in on the action, which was great to see.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Cheesey  
#90 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 10:00:14 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Wow.....i was proved wrong....YEAH!!!!

Was that James Jones out there??? Man.....he stepped it up, as did Nelson and Cobb.
We were helped greatly by penalties by the Texans, and the great part was, we took advantage of them!
This was the Packer team i wanted to see.
UserPostedImage