Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 6:05:58 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,900
Applause Received: 2,096

It's comments like this, that make me like certain players.

-- When asked whether he needed a game like he had against the Texans, Nelson said: “For what?” --

JORDY NELSON wrote:
(On if he needed a game like this) "I'm fine. Obviously, you'll take it. You want to do what you're supposed to do to help the team win. And when your number gets called, you have to make the play. That's all there is that happened today. It's no different. In our room all we do is preach to make the most of your opportunities, and I think we did that tonight."
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline musccy  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 6:30:14 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 221
Applause Received: 203

If only J. Finley would make comments like that...and catch the damn ball when it smacks him in the hands.

But back on topic, yes, I agree these comments seem to indicate Jorday is "Packer people"
Offline DanJustDan29  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 6:49:11 AM(UTC)
DanJustDan29

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 7

J Finley can not make comments like Jordy Nelson because Jermichael is not intelligent enough to understand that concept, and if he does understand it, he is not intelligent enough to explain.
Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another. -Vince Lombardi
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 6:56:56 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,900
Applause Received: 2,096

Even though Jordy Nelson ties for team lead on drops, he stays humble, even after he snags three touchdowns. You just have to respect that. I can't wait to sport my Nelson jersey.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 9:29:09 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

If there is one baseball player who brought the same workman-like attitude to his game that Jordy Nelson does, it would have to have been Craig Counsell. That guy won two World Series rings, doing all the stuff he was supposed to do, playing hard, running everything out, etc. Jordy Nelson is very similar in his approach. A "Pros Pro" all the way. Let's his play do all the talking.
Offline StoicFire  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 1:30:20 PM(UTC)
StoicFire

Applause Given: 29
Applause Received: 54

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Even though Jordy Nelson ties for team lead on drops, he stays humble, even after he snags three touchdowns. You just have to respect that. I can't wait to sport my Nelson jersey.

Mad respect for Jordy Nelson. Made me proud last night while I was sporting his jersey.
"the Quarterback can run if he wants to, but with this rocket attached to your body... who would?" -Aaron Rodgers
Offline Yerko  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:47:51 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 238

I'm not one for superstition, but Sunday night was the first time this season I wore my Jordy Nelson jersey. Just sayin'...

Its nice to see a humbling response from Jordy Nelson. He played a heck of a game Sunday night.

Also, that little guy in my avatar (my son)...his name is Jordy. So, I also like Jordy Nelson...haha.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackerTraxx  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:03:10 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

Jordy has been one of my favorite players since he was drafted. It was great seeing him perform like this as the #1 receiver. Hope he can keep it up.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline Pack93z  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:05:42 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,048

I think Sunday night was a combination of offensive balance and having all three receivers (Cobb, Jones, and Nelson) play really well.

Running the ball furthered the stress applied to the defense with all three receivers catching the damn ball when thrown in their direction. The Texans where caught in the spin cycle.. can't cover it all.

But I truly respect the way Nelson seems to carry himself.. along with Jones & Driver.. humble and get that they are blessed to be in the situation they find themselves in after years of hard work. They seem to appreciate the life they live.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage