Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PackerTraxx  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:27:55 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I think Datko needs time to develop and get past his injuries. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ted Thompson pick another LT in this draft if a good one fell. I hope Bulaga can get healthy, I don't think he is. He's a hard worker and a young player so I can't see him slipping like he has this year for any other reason.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline gbguy20  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:22:24 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

UserPostedImage
call me Dan
Offline doddpower  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:26:27 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,048
Applause Received: 514

Due to the widely variable numbers of pass attempts in the image above, the numbers can be misleading. I'd rather see them standardized in terms of percentages of pressures allowed. It's not unexpected that someone with 61 more pass protection plays to give up more pressures.
Offline gbguy20  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:36:06 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Due to the widely variable numbers of pass attempts in the image above, the numbers can be misleading. I'd rather see them standardized in terms of percentages of pressures allowed. It's not unexpected that someone with 61 more pass protection plays to give up more pressures.

If you look at the chart a bit more closely, and do some decuctive reasoning, you will find that it is organized by percentages.
call me Dan
Offline doddpower  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:13:52 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
If you look at the chart a bit more closely, and do some decuctive reasoning, you will find that it is organized by percentages.

LOL, I'm not going to spend that much time staring at football stats to reason out what I'm looking for. Effective communication of data is paramount. I want to see a column showing the percentages. I (and most others) don't want to reason out how the data is arranged. That's silly. I have to do those types of things enough on the job. Since there is no link or no information about who put those numbers together, I'm not going to look at it with anything more than a cursory view. If I cared enough, I would bounce those numbers into Excel and calculate the percentages myself, but alas, I do not, mostly because I'm sure several others that get paid to do so already have.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
RaiderPride on 10/17/2012(UTC), wpr on 10/23/2012(UTC)
Offline gbguy20  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:38:46 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

LOL, I'm not going to spend that much time staring at football stats to reason out what I'm looking for. Effective communication of data is paramount. I want to see a column showing the percentages. I (and most others) don't want to reason out how the data is arranged. That's silly. I have to do those types of things enough on the job. Since there is no link or no information about who put those numbers together, I'm not going to look at it with anything more than a cursory view. If I cared enough, I would bounce those numbers into Excel and calculate the percentages myself, but alas, I do not, mostly because I'm sure several others that get paid to do so already have.

0_0

It was just a thought, since you brought it up. Here i'll sum up the reason i posted it: Only 9 players give up pressures at a higher rate than bulaga has so far this season.
call me Dan
Offline doddpower  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:15:51 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
0_0

It was just a thought, since you brought it up. Here i'll sum up the reason i posted it: Only 9 players give up pressures at a higher rate than bulaga has so far this season.

I wasn't trying to imply that I didn't appreciate the information. I just think the numbers could be displayed in a way that is more informative, that's all. Did you make the table? If so, add a column to it. If not, where did it come from? It's interesting information.

Offline gbguy20  
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:17:11 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

I wasn't trying to imply that I didn't appreciate the information. I just think the numbers could be displayed in a way that is more informative, that's all. Did you make the table? If so, add a column to it. If not, where did it come from? It's interesting information.

I agree the table isn't labeled well enough to get the true point across. I did not make it, it came from profootballfocus' rankings of offensive lineman, i believe (someone else linked it to me).
call me Dan
Rss Feed