Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:16:17 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,554
Applause Received: 640

Green's been ok but disappointing.

There's been times he was swarmed under, but there have also been too many shoestring tackles and one play where he fell down untouched when an enormous hole opened up in front of him. He still got like 5 yards on that play.

There was a play by Cobb AND a play by Kuhn where each of those guys bounced off the pile after getting stuffed and gained significant yardage.

Not sure what it is, but I'd give Green one more game, then I'd start feeding Starks to see what he could do. Starks can always fall forward for 1.8 yards a carry, which is what Green averaged today.

All purpose, Green was 2.8 per touch, iirc.

And really, Kuhn is as slow as you can be and still play in the league, but with his cutting ability, he still gets yards. Give Green a little more of a shot, then Start working in Starks. If HE can't get it done, just go with Kuhn.

I'm sick of this Bjack crap.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:21:38 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

Green's Production 2012 wk6? well his production this week, week 7, was crap too. I'd rather Kuhn every time.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:22:33 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Green's Production 2012 wk6? well his production this week, week 7, was crap too. I'd rather Kuhn every time.

Shoulda traded for Marshawn.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:26:28 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,965
Applause Received: 1,429

he did just enough to by Aaron Rodgers time to throw the ball. We are not looking for a guy who will get 150 yards rushing. He did get some key yards on passes to give them a first down. Don't make him one dimensional.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
zombieslayer on 10/21/2012(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:27:38 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
he did just enough to by Aaron Rodgers time to throw the ball. We are not looking for a guy who will get 150 yards rushing. He did get some key yards on passes to give them a first down. Don't make him one dimensional.

All purpose, he was 2.8 per touch.

Just south of sh*t suckage.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:35:58 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Shoulda traded for Marshawn.

And the pick lost would have been Casey Hayward?

Edit, correct, Seahawks gave up a 4th in 2011 and conditional in 2012.
Packers 2011 3rd rounder was Alex Green and who knows what would have been required for the conditional pick, as it would have been lesser since the round was higher.

Edited by user Sunday, October 21, 2012 3:32:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DakotaT on 10/21/2012(UTC), wpr on 10/21/2012(UTC)
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:45:23 PM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 137
Applause Received: 104

There's been times he was swarmed under, but there have also been too many shoestring tackles and one play where he fell down untouched when an enormous hole opened up in front of him. He still got like 5 yards on that play.

I'd have to check that play again, but I believe he slipped on the logo on the field. I think that happens quite often. A couple of the swarmed tackles were totally blown blocks or lack of blocks completely.

Green did pretty good last week. Is he a starting back in the NFL? No, but his role was not to be the starter going into the season. I would like to see them work Starks in a little. I am hoping his pride and desire to stay in the league will push him to play like we saw him on our Super Bowl run.

"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:47:19 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

haha wow... The guy didn't do half bad. Made some great catches and got us first downs. You're to hard on him, it's his 2nd game starting for crist sake and we've won both times he's carried the rock. He's carried the ball for 40+ times in 2 games that's good enough in my book!

I think Zombie said he'd get 35 on 20 carries? The man is psychic.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 10/21/2012(UTC), zombieslayer on 10/21/2012(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:54:53 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

I don't know why everyone pisses and moans about the running game when we haven't had a center to run behind since Mike Flanagan. Until we draft a blue chip center, we are not going to have a legitimate running game. A couple weeks ago, I called for Saturday's head because I think we would be better served with EDS out there. Today TJ Lang had his ass handed him, so when your guard and center are getting pushed back towards the quarterback, would someone please explain to me how it is we are going to be able to rush the football?

Our Oline is built to pass block, period. It's probably a good thing we have an elite QB to build that type of Oline around, right?
UserPostedImage
wpr on 10/21/2012(UTC)
Offline gbguy20  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:06:19 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 285

can we play starks yet?
call me Dan
Offline wpr  
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:48:02 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Just south of sh*t suckage.

nope. just north of 2-0. If they had AP or Lynch, Gore or Charles would they have won any more games?

If those backs had played for GB would they have still had the same number of yards that they got the past 2 games? nope. If they had been with GB would Aaron Rodgers had fewer yards passing? yes.

UserPostedImage

Offline coltonja  
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:51:29 PM(UTC)
coltonja

Applause Given: 58
Applause Received: 31

Yeah really, that small amount of yardage against such a horrible defense. The Rams don't have any talent on D...

Oh yeah- their ENTIRE d-line is made up of first round picks and they have the 5th ranked best defense in the league. 20 carries against a defensive line that was almost always in the backfield each touch, what do you expect? He does the job that we need him to do, catches the ball, doesn't funble, and changes the pace of the game.
UserPostedImage

Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
wpr on 10/21/2012(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:58:58 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I don't know why everyone pisses and moans about the running game when we haven't had a center to run behind since Mike Flanagan. Until we draft a blue chip center, we are not going to have a legitimate running game. A couple weeks ago, I called for Saturday's head because I think we would be better served with EDS out there. Today TJ Lang had his ass handed him, so when your guard and center are getting pushed back towards the quarterback, would someone please explain to me how it is we are going to be able to rush the football?

Our Oline is built to pass block, period. It's probably a good thing we have an elite QB to build that type of Oline around, right?

How'd CedBen do it?
Offline doddpower  
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 3:03:08 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,000
Applause Received: 487

Well, Green is still a young back with almost no starting experience. He is also coming off an ACL injury. While he may be 'healthy,' he probably doesn't have the same burst as he had pre-injury yet. That will come in time. Moreover, most the run blocking was complete sh*t today. There were a few holes, but Green was blown up in the backfield constantly. Could an elite back do a little more? Sure, but probably not a lot. It all starts with the run blocking and the Packer's are piss poor in that regard, unfortunately. James Starks may be able to fall forward for a few more yards sometimes, but that would likely be the only difference. I'm guessing that his toe injury is still pretty sore and the Packers are trying to get by without him to allow him to get close to 100%. They know they need him. Also, Green needs time. He'll improve as he trusts his knee more and more and the game slows down a bit. However, it's never going to get a lot better with the atrocious run blocking. It's just the way it is. At least we will be getting Benson back to get drive for a few extra yards, but that's about as good as it's going to get for Green Bay in the running game.
Offline wpr  
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 3:37:45 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

How'd CedBen do it?

Benson has not been all THAT spectacular running the ball. He isn't the 2nd coming of Barry Sanders.

2.0 avg vs SF #12 rush defense
4.1 vs #1 Bears
2.6 vs # 6 Seattle
4.7 vs #31 NO
2.9 vs #29 Indy.

One of his 2 "good games" was against one of the worst rush defenses. the other against the best but that was probably as much about wanting to stick it to the team that let him go as anything. The Bears were off balance all day long. Pass rushing when GB was running the ball and being out of position all the time.

UserPostedImage