Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#31 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 11:09:18 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,019

Oh I am not saying he did what he should have.. or he should not have done more.

But at least he ran this up the chain of authority and didn't just bury it. He made a poor judgement in a spur of the moment.. the others took decades of time to bury it. Which is the greater evil?

There is not an innocent person that had knowledge of what Sandusky was doing.. not a one.

Why pay for any of them?

That is the point.. instead they choose to play favorites?
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#32 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 11:22:06 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Oh I am not saying he did what he should have.. or he should not have done more.

But at least he ran this up the chain of authority and didn't just bury it. He made a poor judgement in a spur of the moment.. the others took decades of time to bury it. Which is the greater evil?

There is not an innocent person that had knowledge of what Sandusky was doing.. not a one.

Why pay for any of them?

That is the point.. instead they choose to play favorites?

No, I agree with your point. I just hate how people say McQueary tried to do something when IMO, he didn't do jack. But otherwise, I completely agree. Actually, I'm shocked that they are paying any sort of money for those jackholes.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#33 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 4:11:48 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,833
Applause Received: 1,985

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel Go to Quoted Post
It's threads like these that are one of the main reasons I don't come here much anymore. The vitriol spilled here is just wearing after a while. It makes me wonder what you guys say about me behind my back.

What makes you think you're so important that we take time out of our day to talk about you behind your back? You're Rourke, a missed contributor to PackersHome and guy who has an enormous vocabulary. You're a good fella and should post more often instead of fretting over some possibly talking behind your back. To remedy that, face forward and they'll be saying it to your face! Big Grin

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 3 applause.
Formo on 10/21/2012(UTC), Wade on 10/23/2012(UTC), gbguy20 on 12/15/2012(UTC)
Offline dfosterf  
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 4:19:39 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 366

Joe can still burn in hell as far as I'm concerned. Amazing how fans here are blind to all of it.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline DakotaT  
#35 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 4:41:43 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,295

A lot of times a person has a "defining moment" early in their life and they walk throughout their life with this scar. When said person overcomes this defining moment and still has a good life - that person has a extremely good character and shame lies with those that judged him/her in the beginning.

Joe Paterno does not qualify. His defining moment is covering up the most atrocious crime people commit. Unfortunately, he did not get cuaght earlier so he could have spent his sunset years in a prison cell. And because his death cheated society out of prosecuting him, all the good in his life is erased and we're left with this ugliness. Non, it is our right to judge this man like we have.

As for you Nonstop, don't quite understand why you think we talk about you negatively. You are a well respected poster who I personally miss.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 4 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/21/2012(UTC), Wade on 10/23/2012(UTC), Pack93z on 10/23/2012(UTC), gbguy20 on 12/15/2012(UTC)
Offline Wade  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:09:30 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 629
Applause Received: 647

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
A lot of times a person has a "defining moment" early in their life and they walk throughout their life with this scar. When said person overcomes this defining moment and still has a good life - that person has a extremely good character and shame lies with those that judged him/her in the beginning.

Joe Paterno does not qualify. His defining moment is covering up the most atrocious crime people commit. Unfortunately, he did not get cuaght earlier so he could have spent his sunset years in a prison cell. And because his death cheated society out of prosecuting him, all the good in his life is erased and we're left with this ugliness. Non, it is our right to judge this man like we have.

As for you Nonstop, don't quite understand why you think we talk about you negatively. You are a well respected poster who I personally miss.

Plus I need someone who can out-verbose me on occasion.

Big Grin

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline zombieslayer  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:20:48 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Plus I need someone who can out-verbose me on occasion.

Big Grin

Code:

#!/usr/bin/perl

print "blah\n"x1000;

There. Big Grin
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline wpr  
#38 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 10:03:09 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,733
Applause Received: 1,310

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel Go to Quoted Post
It's threads like these that are one of the main reasons I don't come here much anymore. The vitriol spilled here is just wearing after a while. It makes me wonder what you guys say about me behind my back.

One thing being in Iraq did for me -- it really cured me of my holier-than-thou attitude. I tried as hard as I could not to be tainted by some of the stuff that was going on, and it ended up affecting even me in ways that just scared me. So I no longer have the idea that "I could never do that." Any human, anywhere, any time is capable of committing acts of unspeakable evil, sometimes almost without realizing it. Standing in judgement doesn't give you the moral high ground. It just makes your own pedestal that much more precarious.

Self-righteousness is just a form of pride, and they say pride was the original and worst sin.

I missed having NSD come around so I looked and saw this was his last post.

This is the first time I opened this thread. I usually avoid most of these highly controversial ones. I don't need it.

NSD come back every once in awhile. At least join us for the last few weeks of the season.

You offer a much needed perspective on things. I don't always agree but you always get me to think.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
gbguy20 on 12/15/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#39 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:47:39 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I missed having NSD come around so I looked and saw this was his last post.

This is the first time I opened this thread. I usually avoid most of these highly controversial ones. I don't need it.

NSD come back every once in awhile. At least join us for the last few weeks of the season.

You offer a much needed perspective on things. I don't always agree but you always get me to think.

I hate speaking for someone else because if I get it wrong, it makes me look like a dick. But hopefully I'm right here.

I think one thing that got under his skin is he hated judgement before getting all the facts. He was a "true American," where even the most despicable piece of shit still should get a fair trial. AND, you're innocent until proven guilty. Those 2 things really bothered him. As they should bother ANYONE who calls themselves "American."

So yes, if he's proven guilty, then crucify him. But until then, refrain from judgement.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#40 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:56:59 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
I think one thing that got under his skin is he hated judgement before getting all the facts. He was a "true American," where even the most despicable piece of shit still should get a fair trial. AND, you're innocent until proven guilty. Those 2 things really bothered him. As they should bother ANYONE who calls themselves "American."

So yes, if he's proven guilty, then crucify him. But until then, refrain from judgement.

exactly how I am and I'm still here ...

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#41 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 10:02:06 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
exactly how I am and I'm still here ...

Well, maybe shoot him an email. I'm in touch with him, but I'm not going to speak for him. I'm also not going to play an intermediary.

I will say that I do miss his posts as well. He's smarter than I am, and I got over 10 years on him.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#42 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 10:07:49 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Well, maybe shoot him an email. I'm in touch with him, but I'm not going to speak for him. I'm also not going to play an intermediary.

I will say that I do miss his posts as well. He's smarter than I am, and I got over 10 years on him.

Yeah, I gave him a hard time, but it was out of fun, and did enjoy his comments.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#43 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:49:03 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,733
Applause Received: 1,310

I hate speaking for someone else because if I get it wrong, it makes me look like a dick. But hopefully I'm right here.

I think you got the basics correct.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Rss Feed