Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SINCITYCHEEZE  
#41 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 10:37:02 AM(UTC)
What is the status of Nick Perry's injury? I haven't seen squat in the media about how severe it is.There hasn't been much said about Shields injury either.
gbguy20  
#42 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:51:09 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE said: Go to Quoted Post
What is the status of Nick Perry's injury? I haven't seen squat in the media about how severe it is.There hasn't been much said about Shields injury either.

Shields got a spike in the shin, I can't imagine that can be real serious. Perry was walking around fine on the sideline after his injury, and there hasnt been any noise that it's a serious injury, either. I expect both of them back soon.
nerdmann  
#43 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 12:41:15 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
Shields got a spike in the shin, I can't imagine that can be real serious. Perry was walking around fine on the sideline after his injury, and there hasnt been any noise that it's a serious injury, either. I expect both of them back soon.

The Packers under Mike McCarthy have a history of vastly underreporting the severity of injuries. That's what worries me.

Remember Neal's knee injury last year? "Oh it's nothing. He's day to day."
PackerTraxx  
#44 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 12:50:21 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
The Packers under Mike McCarthy have a history of vastly underreporting the severity of injuries. That's what worries me.

Remember Neal's knee injury last year? "Oh it's nothing. He's day to day."

It was day to day, and then one day he couldn't play. [sarcasm] Smile A cleat in the shin might not be serious, but it has to hurt like he11.
Akexpat  
#45 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 8:04:48 AM(UTC)
Please for the love of god, no nail biter, no more injuries just a f^+%king win
wpr  
#46 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 12:08:17 PM(UTC)
I didn't catch which announcer said it. I will blame it on Brian Billick. "Hayward! Gets, his first, second, fourth interception on the year."
go.pack.go.  
#47 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:11:05 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go. said: Go to Quoted Post

Packers 27
Rams 13

I was almost right...it was 27-13 late in the 4th quarter.

Go Pack go!

lolleren  
#48 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 6:54:20 PM(UTC)
Did I hear the broadcaster saying Mike Neal was out with a knee injury? Is it time to call Philip Merling back again?
nerdmann  
#49 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:20:53 PM(UTC)
lolleren said: Go to Quoted Post
Did I hear the broadcaster saying Mike Neal was out with a knee injury? Is it time to call Philip Merling back again?

Neal returned.

Still haven't heard anything on the severity of the injury. If it's anything like last year, they'll "day to day" him, then a month from now Mike McCarthy will use the word "signifcant."

Not to jinx him of course.
Rios39  
#50 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:55:37 PM(UTC)
He's looked good this year too so hopefully it doesn't affect his play.
Zero2Cool  
#51 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 6:09:35 AM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
I didn't catch which announcer said it. I will blame it on Brian Billick. "Hayward! Gets, his first, second, fourth interception on the year."

It wasn't Brian, so I think it had to be Thom Brennaman.

Edit, link - Thom Brennaman or Sam Rosen/Brian Billick/Laura Okmin
wpr  
#52 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 6:54:50 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
It wasn't Brian, so I think it had to be Thom Brennaman.

ok. I could not remember who the other announcer was so I blamed Billick knowing someone would correct me. thanks.
nerdmann  
#53 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 10:07:49 AM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
ok. I could not remember who the other announcer was so I blamed Billick knowing someone would correct me. thanks.

For this last game? It was Sam Rosen.

I noticed in particular, because he sounded drunk the entire time.
play2win  
#54 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 10:34:29 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon said: Go to Quoted Post
Hopefully we'll double that

Almost did! What a great win. Everything looks to be coming together on this Packers team. Granted, the runs weren't nearly as effective from a ypc standpoint, but certainly effective simply calling them to keep the D honest. And, there were some good runs there too.

We could stand some improvement in our run blocking, and in getting home for the sack with our pass rush. Wouldn't hurt to get Conway dialed in a bit better on the long FGs. Moses got a really bad call by the officials, on a perfect play by him, ala Nick Perry.

How about Rodgers? What a super talent. The guy just continues to amaze me. So do our WRs. Really nice work. A well called game, and well executed.
doddpower  
#55 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 2:28:24 PM(UTC)
It's probably already been discussed, but was I the only one that noticed Marshall Newhouse continually getting beaten (almost instantly) during this game? Lang got dominated a few times as well, by a rookie. Newhouse really looked bad this game. On the second Cobb TD, Newhouse quickly gave up pressure which is what forced Rodgers out of the pocket in the first place.

If the Packers didn't have a QB like Aaron Rodgers, they would really be screwed. This offensive line is bad. Rodgers may hold on to the ball too long at times, but he more than makes up for any negative stats that may produce by making big plays, despite constant pressure.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#56 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:17:42 AM(UTC)
doddpower said: Go to Quoted Post
It's probably already been discussed, but was I the only one that noticed Marshall Newhouse continually getting beaten (almost instantly) during this game? Lang got dominated a few times as well, by a rookie. Newhouse really looked bad this game. On the second Cobb TD, Newhouse quickly gave up pressure which is what forced Rodgers out of the pocket in the first place.

If the Packers didn't have a QB like Aaron Rodgers, they would really be screwed. This offensive line is bad. Rodgers may hold on to the ball too long at times, but he more than makes up for any negative stats that may produce by making big plays, despite constant pressure.

We have 3/5's of a decent offensive line. Newhouse is serviceable only, and when he plays against real talent at DE, he's going to look like that. And Saturday is old garbage, that already be taking a seat to EDS. The Rams have a good defense and we hung a 30 burger on them, so I'm not complaining.
PackerTraxx  
#57 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:52:33 AM(UTC)
Think we'll draft some offensive linemen this year? #-o
Rios39  
#58 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:46:54 AM(UTC)
Nah Newhouse played iffy early but after that he played fine and Rodgers had all day. Same with bulaga. On that play they came offsides so we quick snapped it. That has potential for a broken play cause not all lineman are set for it at that time.

Pressure wise Newhouse had played very well so far and better than I thought. As long as he makes the DE run wide Rodgers can step up and throw. That's how that position is played and for the most part he's played well
doddpower  
#59 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:38:01 AM(UTC)
Rios39 said: Go to Quoted Post
Nah Newhouse played iffy early but after that he played fine and Rodgers had all day. Same with bulaga. On that play they came offsides so we quick snapped it. That has potential for a broken play cause not all lineman are set for it at that time.

Pressure wise Newhouse had played very well so far and better than I thought. As long as he makes the DE run wide Rodgers can step up and throw. That's how that position is played and for the most part he's played well

I think he has played average at best, and often very below average. Playing well at times and really bad at others = average, imo. Rodgers has covered up a lot of his mistakes. If the Packers didn't have such a shifty mobile quarterback, Newhouse would be in everyone's dog house. Fortunately, the Packers DO have a mobile quarterback, but that still doesn't excuse giving up so many pressures. To be fair, I would like to see more chips to give him some help, but that doesn't seem to happen too often.

I understand we can't have elite players at every position, but Newhouse needs to step up. Bulaga played a good game, but Newhouse didn't. I expect Bulaga to play well. At this point, I expect Newhouse to be serviceable at best, which is unfortunate.

zombieslayer  
#60 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:45:16 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx said: Go to Quoted Post
Think we'll draft some offensive linemen this year? #-o

2013? Fo shizzle. I foresee 2 OL being drafted along with LB, DL, DB, and WR. Possibly a RB as well.
Rss Feed