Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zombieslayer  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 8:18:32 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: CaliforniaCheez Go to Quoted Post
You would never see an honest video like this in some cities.

No lame excuses

Wow! I urge everyone to watch this video. My respect for the Rams and St. Louis just skyrocketed. Applause

That's one classy franchise. Applause
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 8:19:47 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,896
Applause Received: 2,094

1) Yes I was posting in the dark and the "r" key is next to the "t" key.

That got me to think who were the 7 that hadn't started as Packers. I started thinking defense:

The R and T key's are in the same spot with the lights on or off! :P

Here's a link on how the current Packers were built - link.
UserPostedImage
Offline Yerko  
#18 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 8:20:28 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 238

1) Yes I was posting in the dark and the "r" key is next to the "t" key.

2) The video in the 2nd post is both accurate and good news coverage.

3) One of the most telling stats given by FOX about the game was that the Rams had the most "new" players on their roster with 27. Clearly Fisher is rebuilding the Rams team with that much turnover.

Conversely, they said that the Packers had 46 players that had begun their careers in Green Bay (again the most in the NFL).

That got me to think who were the 7 that hadn't started as Packers. I started thinking defense:
Pickett
Woodson
Bush
Tramon Williams
Kuhn
They mentioned Crabtree on the air otherwise I would have had to look up the answer.
I couldn't think of the last one for a long time and then it hit me, Saturday.

There isn't much outside influence on the Packers.

Said every wide receiver started their career in Green Bay (this was while Aikman was calling the Packers organization intelligent). Mentioned that Crabtree would be the only one who didn't start in GB. He was with the Kansas City Chiefs practice squad.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 8:20:49 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,047

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Wow! I urge everyone to watch this video. My respect for the Rams and St. Louis just skyrocketed. Applause

That's one classy franchise. Applause

I agree 100%... the only jackass I knew of from that city was Tony Larussa, he is about tied with Billicheat on that accord. Genuine a$hole.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline CaliforniaCheez  
#20 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 8:27:04 AM(UTC)
CaliforniaCheez

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 132

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
or Packers fans are in every city, lots of them.

I think it is more as Zero says.

Quick story:

Back in 2003 I was a Reservist involuntarily activated for the Gulf War II. With everyone wearing camo gear it was tough to stand out in the crowd. I kept a Packers pen clipped visibly on my pocket and found that every workshop and work center had a Packers fan who noticed that pen.

Those in my chain of command thought I was some sort of master politician making so many friends, getting favors so easily, and getting noticed everywhere.

I have seen cheeseheads worn at the winter Olympics in Japan and multiple Packer jerseys worn to the state high school cross country championship meet in California (and I was not one of them). My relatives are always amazed at the number of Packers' bumper stickers and decorations are here in northern California.

Packers fans are everywhere!!
blank
Online wpr  
#21 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 8:35:21 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,919
Applause Received: 1,413

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I agree 100%... the only jackass I knew of from that city was Tony Larussa, he is about tied with Billicheat on that accord. Genuine a$hole.

He was a great manager. Nothing wrong with pushing the edge a little.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Pack93z on 10/22/2012(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#22 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 8:41:05 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,047

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
He was a great manager. Nothing wrong with pushing the edge a little.

I agree for the most part.. but some of his beanball antics and complaints were pathetic. But the guy could manage, no doubt.

The time I have spent in St. Louis, my wife was born there, has been enjoyable. Outstanding fans and for the most part a great city. East St. Louis.. well.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Online wpr  
#23 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:02:14 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I agree for the most part.. but some of his beanball antics and complaints were pathetic. But the guy could manage, no doubt.

The time I have spent in St. Louis, my wife was born there, has been enjoyable. Outstanding fans and for the most part a great city. East St. Louis.. well.

1. A lot of the beanball antics was retaliation. If you don't want your players hit then don't hit mine. Throw at my players head and I will come after you. I respect that. I like the old game better. Bob Gibson always threw at hitters to keep them from leaning out over the plate. he would say that the batter gets the inside part of the plate. He was entitled to the outside part.

2. Tony did embarrass me with some of his tirades. But the point was not to win that argument but the next 3. He pushed the boundary back. Every manager is entitled to do the same. 90% won't and he will eat their lunch because of it. If MLB uses more replay monitors with would make managers like Billy Martin, Earl Weaver and Tony L less effective. I am all for it. Replay reviews would not slow the game down because they allow the manager to ant for 10 mins.

3. Unfortunately the sh*thole that is E StL is in IL not MO. I would give that away in a heart beat if I could. I made a wrong turn and ended up down there just like in Natl Lampoon's Vacation. I ran every red lite until I was out of there.

UserPostedImage

Offline zombieslayer  
#24 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:20:09 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
1. A lot of the beanball antics was retaliation. If you don't want your players hit then don't hit mine. Throw at my players head and I will come after you. I respect that. I like the old game better. Bob Gibson always threw at hitters to keep them from leaning out over the plate. he would say that the batter gets the inside part of the plate. He was entitled to the outside part.

2. Tony did embarrass me with some of his tirades. But the point was not to win that argument but the next 3. He pushed the boundary back. Every manager is entitled to do the same. 90% won't and he will eat their lunch because of it. If MLB uses more replay monitors with would make managers like Billy Martin, Earl Weaver and Tony L less effective. I am all for it. Replay reviews would not slow the game down because they allow the manager to ant for 10 mins.

3. Unfortunately the sh*thole that is E StL is in IL not MO. I would give that away in a heart beat if I could. I made a wrong turn and ended up down there just like in Natl Lampoon's Vacation. I ran every red lite until I was out of there.

He was the As manager before St. Louis and I can assure you that he did #1 for the As as well. Which is a GOOD thing. Stand up for your players.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Cheesey  
#25 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:21:35 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 173
Applause Received: 379

I think this whole situation proves that the PACKERS are "America's Team", NOT the "Dumbass Cowboys".
When you have that many fans at every away game, i think it shows the love that the Packers get from all over the world.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 10/22/2012(UTC)
Online wpr  
#26 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:37:42 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
I think this whole situation proves that the PACKERS are "America's Team", NOT the "Dumbass Cowboys".
When you have that many fans at every away game, i think it shows the love that the Packers get from all over the world.

having the stadium sold out for over 50 years sure helps. A few franchises put "anti Packers" tactics into place. IE requiring fans to purchase tickets for 2-3 other games when they want to buy tickets for the GB game. Kinda of stupid. Kinda smart. If forces GB fans to help fill the stadium for other games as well. There is a chance of the strategy backfiring if the Packer fans tell them to f off and fewer buy tickets that then go unsold.

UserPostedImage