Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:30:44 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 435

The thing this year is.....he hasn't just been missing the long ones, he's been MISSSSSING them.
As soon as the ball goes up, you know it's missed. He has been hooking them so bad.
And it was indoors, and he should have made it. No wind, no way it should miss. And even if it did, it should come up a few yards short, not hooked so far to the left like he's been hitting them.
I think it's in his head.
UserPostedImage
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:33:31 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 110

Maybe Mason should just picture a bell hanging in between the goal posts,that way he'll never miss.;)
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 11:13:35 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
The thing this year is.....he hasn't just been missing the long ones, he's been MISSSSSING them.
As soon as the ball goes up, you know it's missed. He has been hooking them so bad.
And it was indoors, and he should have made it. No wind, no way it should miss. And even if it did, it should come up a few yards short, not hooked so far to the left like he's been hitting them.
I think it's in his head.

He has missed them right and left. And they haven't been hooked or pushed. they knuckled. I believe that happens when the ball is kicked just a fraction to high on the ball. so it isn't spinning backwards end over end as expected. Which is understandable because the ball has to be hit on a lower path.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline PackerTraxx  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:58:52 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I don't mind the long field goal attempts as long as it doesn't negatively affect his confidence. As nerd said, it does seem like he is hung out to dry on many of those situations.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline MontanaBob  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:42:17 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Applause Received: 56

I KNEW IT...I KNEW IT!!!!

I knew that sooner or later someone would bash the kicker. It's a yearly thing with every team in football. Teams can't move the ball so they rely on old thunderfoot to boot one of 50+ yards. That's why kickers have thick skins, are mostly deaf, and sit at the end of the bench watching the cheerleaders. I got lots of dates that way.

At 50 yards, (that's 150 feet), if a kick leaves the kickers foot off by 1 1/2 inches from dead center, every yard it travels it will be further off line. That equals 6 feet 3 inches off at the cross bar. Now figure in wind, the kickers natural hook, and there is not a whole lot of room for error. The uprights are 18 feet 3 inches wide, and believe me, they look a hell of a lot wider at 20 yards than at 50.

Plus, even in domes there is air movement. More than you would think. In Flagstaff AZ at the Walk Up Sky Dome where Northern Arizona plays, at 40 feet above the field the air currents are multi-directional and have been measured at about 3-6 mph. More even higher.

Zombieslayer hit it right on the head. If you have to rely on the kicker all the time from 50 + then something is wrong with the offense.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Offline nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:35:40 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,704
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: MontanaBob Go to Quoted Post
I KNEW IT...I KNEW IT!!!!

I knew that sooner or later someone would bash the kicker. It's a yearly thing with every team in football. Teams can't move the ball so they rely on old thunderfoot to boot one of 50+ yards. That's why kickers have thick skins, are mostly deaf, and sit at the end of the bench watching the cheerleaders. I got lots of dates that way.

At 50 yards, (that's 150 feet), if a kick leaves the kickers foot off by 1 1/2 inches from dead center, every yard it travels it will be further off line. That equals 6 feet 3 inches off at the cross bar. Now figure in wind, the kickers natural hook, and there is not a whole lot of room for error. The uprights are 18 feet 3 inches wide, and believe me, they look a hell of a lot wider at 20 yards than at 50.

Plus, even in domes there is air movement. More than you would think. In Flagstaff AZ at the Walk Up Sky Dome where Northern Arizona plays, at 40 feet above the field the air currents are multi-directional and have been measured at about 3-6 mph. More even higher.

Zombieslayer hit it right on the head. If you have to rely on the kicker all the time from 50 + then something is wrong with the offense.

I'm more calling out the coaching staff for these super long attempts.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline GermanGilbert  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:11:53 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Applause Given: 37
Applause Received: 87

Soccer players were good Kickers in the past, so maybe we should sign this swedish guy. The problem, he currently makes more money than Aaron Rodgers Big Grin

click me

Hell, that goal is in the top 5 of the most amazing goals I've ever seen.
blank
Rss Feed