Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:30:44 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 633
Applause Received: 755
The thing this year is.....he hasn't just been missing the long ones, he's been MISSSSSING them.
As soon as the ball goes up, you know it's missed. He has been hooking them so bad.
And it was indoors, and he should have made it. No wind, no way it should miss. And even if it did, it should come up a few yards short, not hooked so far to the left like he's been hitting them.
I think it's in his head.
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:33:31 AM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 174
Applause Received: 110
Maybe Mason should just picture a bell hanging in between the goal posts,that way he'll never miss.;)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 11:13:35 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 804
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
The thing this year is.....he hasn't just been missing the long ones, he's been MISSSSSING them.
As soon as the ball goes up, you know it's missed. He has been hooking them so bad.
And it was indoors, and he should have made it. No wind, no way it should miss. And even if it did, it should come up a few yards short, not hooked so far to the left like he's been hitting them.
I think it's in his head.

He has missed them right and left. And they haven't been hooked or pushed. they knuckled. I believe that happens when the ball is kicked just a fraction to high on the ball. so it isn't spinning backwards end over end as expected. Which is understandable because the ball has to be hit on a lower path.
Offline PackerTraxx  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:58:52 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 227
I don't mind the long field goal attempts as long as it doesn't negatively affect his confidence. As nerd said, it does seem like he is hung out to dry on many of those situations.
Offline MontanaBob  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:42:17 PM(UTC)

Applause Received: 56
I KNEW IT...I KNEW IT!!!!

I knew that sooner or later someone would bash the kicker. It's a yearly thing with every team in football. Teams can't move the ball so they rely on old thunderfoot to boot one of 50+ yards. That's why kickers have thick skins, are mostly deaf, and sit at the end of the bench watching the cheerleaders. I got lots of dates that way.

At 50 yards, (that's 150 feet), if a kick leaves the kickers foot off by 1 1/2 inches from dead center, every yard it travels it will be further off line. That equals 6 feet 3 inches off at the cross bar. Now figure in wind, the kickers natural hook, and there is not a whole lot of room for error. The uprights are 18 feet 3 inches wide, and believe me, they look a hell of a lot wider at 20 yards than at 50.

Plus, even in domes there is air movement. More than you would think. In Flagstaff AZ at the Walk Up Sky Dome where Northern Arizona plays, at 40 feet above the field the air currents are multi-directional and have been measured at about 3-6 mph. More even higher.

Zombieslayer hit it right on the head. If you have to rely on the kicker all the time from 50 + then something is wrong with the offense.
Offline nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:35:40 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 5,326
Applause Received: 1,240
MontanaBob said: Go to Quoted Post
I KNEW IT...I KNEW IT!!!!

I knew that sooner or later someone would bash the kicker. It's a yearly thing with every team in football. Teams can't move the ball so they rely on old thunderfoot to boot one of 50+ yards. That's why kickers have thick skins, are mostly deaf, and sit at the end of the bench watching the cheerleaders. I got lots of dates that way.

At 50 yards, (that's 150 feet), if a kick leaves the kickers foot off by 1 1/2 inches from dead center, every yard it travels it will be further off line. That equals 6 feet 3 inches off at the cross bar. Now figure in wind, the kickers natural hook, and there is not a whole lot of room for error. The uprights are 18 feet 3 inches wide, and believe me, they look a hell of a lot wider at 20 yards than at 50.

Plus, even in domes there is air movement. More than you would think. In Flagstaff AZ at the Walk Up Sky Dome where Northern Arizona plays, at 40 feet above the field the air currents are multi-directional and have been measured at about 3-6 mph. More even higher.

Zombieslayer hit it right on the head. If you have to rely on the kicker all the time from 50 + then something is wrong with the offense.

I'm more calling out the coaching staff for these super long attempts.
Offline GermanGilbert  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:11:53 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 52
Applause Received: 106
Soccer players were good Kickers in the past, so maybe we should sign this swedish guy. The problem, he currently makes more money than Aaron Rodgers [grin1]

click me

Hell, that goal is in the top 5 of the most amazing goals I've ever seen.
Rss Feed