Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
10 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nyrpack  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:34:30 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 100
i know it sounds crazy but i hear stephan jackson will not be back next season with the rams, there going a different direction with younger guys, the guy is a workhorse and still has alot of carries left in him, i think jones right now has a value so high i doubt he can keep it at this pace. with jennings coming back hopefully sooner then later and cobb getting more and more plays and there always donald still around the pack could manage without jones, its all my opinion that i think makes sense for both teams lord knows we need a every down back that brings a true running game to the field

any thoughts !!
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:36:49 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 5,206
Applause Received: 1,226
nyrpack said: Go to Quoted Post
i know it sounds crazy but i hear stephan jackson will not be back next season with the rams, there going a different direction with younger guys, the guy is a workhorse and still has alot of carries left in him, i think jones right now has a value so high i doubt he can keep it at this pace. with jennings coming back hopefully sooner then later and cobb getting more and more plays and there always donald still around the pack could manage without jones, its all my opinion that i think makes sense for both teams lord knows we need a every down back that brings a true running game to the field

any thoughts !!

What about Jennings? Jones is a year younger.
Offline GermanGilbert  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:39:09 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 52
Applause Received: 106

any thoughts !!

That would IMO be a dumbass move as hell. Double-D's time is over, Jennings probably will be gone after the season, we need JJ way more than a RB that's reaching the wrong side of the 3 next offseason. No way I'd do that.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
rabidgopher04 on 10/24/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:40:16 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
No no no no no no no.

We are a passing team. Or maybe we should just get rid of Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy. Maybe that will make some of the fans happier.

Let's spend all our money on RBs and shoot for 8-8 every year. ](*,)

We're losing Gregorious. Driver's retiring. So that leaves Jordy, Cobb, and Jones. Does anyone remember 2005? You can NOT have too many WRs.
thanks Post received 3 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/24/2012(UTC), wpr on 10/24/2012(UTC), macbob on 10/26/2012(UTC)
Offline nyrpack  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:03:16 PM(UTC)

zombieslayer said: Go to Quoted Post
No no no no no no no.

We are a passing team. Or maybe we should just get rid of Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy. Maybe that will make some of the fans happier.

Let's spend all our money on RBs and shoot for 8-8 every year. ](*,)

We're losing Gregorious. Driver's retiring. So that leaves Jordy, Cobb, and Jones. Does anyone remember 2005? You can NOT have too many WRs.

much easier getting a wr then a # 1 rb, cobb is more then enough to step up and be a # 2 !!
Offline GermanGilbert  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:19:55 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 52
Applause Received: 106
much easier getting a wr then a # 1 rb, cobb is more then enough to step up and be a # 2 !!

As ZS said, the Packers are a passing team and need more than 2 quality WRs. Run the ball to set up the pass, no need to spend big bucks on a RB. And Steven Jackson would ask for big bucks. That said, I'm not against spending a lot money on a RB that's 25, 26 years old and turned out as a big difference maker for the Packers, however, I'm totally against cashing up the bank account of a RB, that took the big load for a team and is over 30. For RBs turning 30 is a big issue, how many backs over 30 can you think of that had another 3 or 4 great years?
thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 10/24/2012(UTC), macbob on 10/26/2012(UTC)
Online steveishere  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:36:31 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 1,451
](*,)

NO!
Offline zombieslayer  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:13:48 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495
All I really should reply is 2005. Then people should cringe thinking of that year and realize we need every WR we can get.

Remember the last time we started taking WRs off the street? How did that work out?
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:35:16 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 682
Applause Received: 707

The RB position is the easiest to fill. Just look around The NFL, there are many guys who started out as UDFA's and are now #1 RB's.

That guy The Packers just shut down in Texas a couple weeks ago comes to mind.

Wr's take time to develope, especially with The way The Packers utilize them.

They want their starters to be able to play all wr positions.

The norm in The NFL is 3 yrs, some develope faster(Greg,Randall), some slower(JJ), and most hit the norm(Jordy).

There are plenty of young wr available, but there are also plenty of young rb's and they can step into the starting role much easier.

Give Alex Green a chance, it's only been 2 weeks.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 10/24/2012(UTC), macbob on 10/26/2012(UTC)
Offline nyrpack  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:02:10 PM(UTC)

buckeyepackfan said: Go to Quoted Post
The RB position is the easiest to fill. Just look around The NFL, there are many guys who started out as UDFA's and are now #1 RB's.

That guy The Packers just shut down in Texas a couple weeks ago comes to mind.

Wr's take time to develope, especially with The way The Packers utilize them.

They want their starters to be able to play all wr positions.

The norm in The NFL is 3 yrs, some develope faster(Greg,Randall), some slower(JJ), and most hit the norm(Jordy).

There are plenty of young wr available, but there are also plenty of young rb's and they can step into the starting role much easier.

Give Alex Green a chance, it's only been 2 weeks.

the easiest to fill, please let me know who the pack has had since ryan grant a few yrs ago ??
believe me im all for the passing game, but i would love a rb who can get the ball so defenses across the league cant get a chance to kill arod every game !!
Rss Feed