You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline IronMan  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 11:46:08 AM(UTC)
IronMan

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 53

I was listing to Mike and Mike on the radio this morning, and they were talking about a text, that an unnamed Mike and Mike staff member sent his wife. Here's what he sent her:

"Honey, I'm shopping right now and I have a question. Are you still a size 6, or have you gone up to a size 8?"

LOL Needless to say her reaction was not a good one.

So, Ladies, what would your reply be if you received that text from your husband/boyfriend?

And guys, whats the dumbest thing that you have ever said to your wife/girlfriend?

This should be fun.
Sponsor
Offline vegOmatic  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 11:54:12 AM(UTC)
vegOmatic

Applause Received: 3

I just want to know why women look for a "real man" and yesterday I found myself out shopping for a purse.
blank
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 12:05:04 PM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Applause Received: 1

That wouldnt bother me at all just because I would rather him buy the right size instead of standing in a line to return it and the gas spent to go back to that store. I personally dont understand why a woman would get upset over that, you are the size that you are and your husband is still with you no matter if you went up a size in clothing. That to me is such a little issue when there are such worse things going on in the world today. But again not much bothers me.
Heathiee
Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 12:13:29 PM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Applause Received: 1

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I just want to know why women look for a "real man" and yesterday I found myself out shopping for a purse.

Your a good man Veg!! A man buying a purse is something like a woman trying to buy tools. :)
Heathiee
Offline dfosterf  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 2:14:08 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 337

My wife was yapping with one of her female co-workers at a Christmas party I (was forced) attended. One of her male co-workers said something to my wife from across the room, something mildly sexist...in a joking fashion... My wife, also in a joking fashion, said loudly, "I will have you know that I am a lady."

In a classic case of some classic bad-timing, I whipped out a classic:

"That's not what the fleet says."

The good news is that I am no longer required to attend office Christmas parties.

:thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Since69  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 2:17:09 PM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 82
Applause Received: 81

Once, when I was much, much younger and much, much stupider, I was in some store helping my wife find a dress in her size. She said her size was 16W. I asked what the 'W' stood for. She got this look in her eye (one that I've come to recognize since then), and she asked what I thought it stood for.

I said, "Wide?"
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 3:04:25 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 365
Applause Received: 263

My wife wouldn't react negatively to a question like that -- she'd appreciate my interest in getting the size right -- but if she did, I'd probably send her packing. If a woman can't appreciate the efforts her husband is putting in for her, she doesn't deserve to be married to him.
UserPostedImage
Offline 4PackGirl  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 5:31:26 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 149
Applause Received: 121

wouldn't bother me a bit now. when i was heavier, i was alot more sensitive though, i must admit. i would say the question to ask would be... could you please write down your size honey - i need it to get you the perfect gift this year. :D
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 8:02:08 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 936

Personally, if I had that in mind, clothes that is.. I would have planned properly and checked the size on one of her favorite outfits before heading out Xmas Shopping.. in other words, I would have punted and never crossed that bridge.. losing preposition either way. :lol:
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#10 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 10:26:23 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,195

I bought clothes only a couple of times. My wife never wore them even once. Now I only buy jewlery.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Cheesey  
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:51:12 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Received: 326

I have said SO many bad things......i can't come up with just ONE!!!
LOLOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2008 6:57:02 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Hmm.. I know I said some dumb things.. But nothing like that.

Although, back when my wife and I were just barely dating, only a few weeks, I asked her college roommate what her size was. I found out how smart of a move that was.. REALLY smart. And I wasn't trying to be. lol Also, after a couple of years of dating and just getting married, we both put on some pounds. I was the lucky one, as the majority of her added pounds went to her chest. That'll throw a guy for a loop when getting a honeymoon present for her (and himself) when he buys the wrong cup size (by two sizes!). And the original size he bought was the correct size for when they first started dating. =D

That wouldnt bother me at all just because I would rather him buy the right size instead of standing in a line to return it and the gas spent to go back to that store. I personally dont understand why a woman would get upset over that, you are the size that you are and your husband is still with you no matter if you went up a size in clothing. That to me is such a little issue when there are such worse things going on in the world today. But again not much bothers me.

+1 to you young lady!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline 4PackGirl  
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2008 8:21:42 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 149
Applause Received: 121

Personally, if I had that in mind, clothes that is.. I would have planned properly and checked the size on one of her favorite outfits before heading out Xmas Shopping.. in other words, I would have punted and never crossed that bridge.. losing preposition either way. :lol:

perfect, 93!!! i'm proud of you! :thumbright:
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#14 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:10:02 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Once, when I was much, much younger and much, much stupider, I was in some store helping my wife find a dress in her size. She said her size was 16W. I asked what the 'W' stood for. She got this look in her eye (one that I've come to recognize since then), and she asked what I thought it stood for.

I said, "Wide?"

+1!!!!!!!LOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#15 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:16:06 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

You guys and gals know me by now.......I'll do just about anything to try to get a laugh. My wife doesn't care too much for my sense of humor though.........right after we got married, we were taking a walk down the street. It was a Saturday, and I heard a wedding party driving by with their horns beeping.......I stopped, put my hand over my heart, and faked a few tears. She asked "What are you doing???" I said "Another good man bites the dust!"..................she wasn't amused.
I also liked to introduce her as "This is my first wife"............she got mad. I said "Well you ARE, arn't you???" She still wasn't amused.
UserPostedImage