Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Porforis  
#31 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:14:37 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Personally, I think if Nelson's good to go we should still limit his snaps. We can't just rest everyone kind of dinged up and assume we'll still trounce them, winning is a must, but we don't want to get more beat up. This likely means a lot more Cobb magic, it'd be interesting to see a fleaflicker or some other sort of fake with Cobb in the backfield (especially if we use that formation and give it to Cobb a couple times earlier in the game). Jones will need to play at a high level, and I guess we'll find out what Boykin can bring in a regular season game. Could also go in more TE heavy sets with Finley and Crabtree for a high percentage of the time, especially if we have luck on the ground early.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#32 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:25:25 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Personally, I think if Nelson's good to go we should still limit his snaps. We can't just rest everyone kind of dinged up and assume we'll still trounce them, winning is a must, but we don't want to get more beat up. This likely means a lot more Cobb magic, it'd be interesting to see a fleaflicker or some other sort of fake with Cobb in the backfield (especially if we use that formation and give it to Cobb a couple times earlier in the game). Jones will need to play at a high level, and I guess we'll find out what Boykin can bring in a regular season game. Could also go in more TE heavy sets with Finley and Crabtree for a high percentage of the time, especially if we have luck on the ground early.

Completely agreed. We should have JJ as #1, Cobb as #2, and Boykin as #3 and lots of reps to Finley and Crabtree. Heck, even line Finley up as a WR in some sets.

I'd rather see Jordy drop to #4 this week than risk injuring him further. Jordy's one of the most important people we'll need for the Playoffs.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#33 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:32:54 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 371

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
There could be a possibility of being very very limited at WR Sunday. Nelson's hammy tightened up on him yesterday and they don't know the severity of it yet. Driver couldn't finish practice with neck issues. With Jennings still out, that leaves us with 3 WR: Jones, Cobb, and Boykin.

Hoping Jordy's hamstring isn't anything serious.

If there was a game to give the run game confidence, this would be it. 29th in rushing defense. Let this line plow forward and eat up yards and clock. Don't expect either Jordy or DD to miss the game. Though I would definately try to use this game to get Boykin more time and experince.

I also wonder how Quarless is doing? If he can go, we have the chance to throw some Finley and Quarless combos at their defense.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#34 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:43:13 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Isn't it great to have the kinds of offensive weapons even when you have multiple guys dinged up that it's hard to decide how you should focus on decimating the opposing defense?
UserPostedImage
Offline Yerko  
#35 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:57:56 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 151
Applause Received: 247

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Isn't it great to have the kinds of offensive weapons even when you have multiple guys dinged up that it's hard to decide how you should focus on decimating the opposing defense?

It really is. I think about other teams and injuries and then look at the Packers. We truly are a spoiled bunch...haha. Thank you, Ted.

UserPostedImage
Offline polargrizz  
#36 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 8:56:56 AM(UTC)
polargrizz

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 35

PACKERS 31, Jaguars 16 – Noon

The talent gap between these two teams is wider than Peyton Manning’s forehead. Short of Mike McCarthy benching both his starting offense and defense, there’s no plausible way to predict a Jaguars victory. Injuries are forcing key Packers to the bench, Charles Woodson (collarbone), Greg Jennings (groin), and possibly Jordy Nelson (hamstring). Even so, the Jaguars have no chance.

BEARS 23, Panthers 17 – Noon

This game provides the perfect palette for lazy national journalists to paint weak, subjective pap about quarterbacks Jay Cutler and Cam Newton. Rather than fan the flames of that nonsense, I’ll focus on the football. The Panthers aren’t as bad as their 1-5 record indicates. They’ve been victimized by untimely mental lapses late in games. However, from a pure talent standpoint, there’s a big gap between these teams. The Bears defense has been the most consistent unit in the NFL all season, so there’s no reason to think they won’t be again on Sunday.
sorry no billboards
Offline zombieslayer  
#37 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 12:29:05 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

You really think both games will be that close Grizz?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Rios39  
#38 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 12:55:43 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Only thing is with Nelson out we don't really have a number 1-2 receiver to play outside. I don't like Cobb out there except for the odd time. He's much better in the slot.
blank
Offline doddpower  
#39 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 2:19:10 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,040
Applause Received: 511

If there's ever a game to switch up the play calling a bit and pound the rock, this has to be it. Run the ball 30 times and control the clock and I'm certain it will result in a win. It might not come off of rushing touchdowns, but with that many rushing attempts, Rodgers will get a couple nice play action passes. Even without Nelson, Jennings, Shields, Perry, et al., the Packers are still a more talented team. Given the match up, run the ball and trust the defense against a depleted offense.

This game COULD be close, but there's no reason the Packers shouldn't win. Packer's by 14.
Offline Cheesey  
#40 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 2:36:11 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 183
Applause Received: 408

Well, if there's EVER a good time that Nelson is hurting, i guess it's now. I'd keep him activated, in CASE we need him. But sit him if at all possible.
Give's Boykin a chance to show what he can do.
If he's anything like he was in the preseason, he could be a big lift.
It gives the kid a chance to show, without having to play against the best D in the league. Get his feet wet, you might say.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#41 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 5:40:29 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,624
Applause Received: 651

Aaron's gotta maintain his 6 TD/game pace to get the MVP!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline subin  
#42 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:59:59 AM(UTC)
subin

Applause Received: 3

What is the new post requirement for the chat? Can I get free access for being here longer than Z2C?
blank
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#43 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:06:49 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 329
Applause Received: 443

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Aaron's gotta maintain his 6 TD/game pace to get the MVP!

Yea, that's the most important thing.

I hope you forgot "sarcasm" smiley, if not, yikes.

Was just listening to ESPN gameday, they were commenting on how Ted has always coveted Steven Jackson, and to watch to see if he dowsn't get traded before the deadline to The Packers.

MHO no way does Ted do this, but this is a good week to "show off", some of The Packers young talent like Boykin for instance.

He is the only player I see on The Packers roster who is expendable.

Offer Boykin and a future 3rd or 4th rnd pick for Jackson, Rams bite, I'm all for it, if they want more, forget it.

Packers 38 Jags 10

Alex Green runs for 70+ and scores a td, Randall Cobb returns a k/o or punt for TD, catches another.

James Jones gets back on track and gets his "normal" 2 td's Smile
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#44 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:41:10 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 110

N.F.L. Network just listed Jordy Nelson as inactive for today.Sad
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline flep  
#45 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:18:32 AM(UTC)
flep

United Kingdom

Applause Given: 54
Applause Received: 60

This could be a trap game with all the injuries to major players.

Have to be strong.

Still see us winning but could be closer than we would wish.
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 30 years

UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Rss Feed