Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Formo  
#16 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 7:43:53 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

FREEDOM!!!!!

Seriously, hope you bounce back soon enough. Glad you are taking it with the right attitude.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#17 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 7:51:24 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

Sorry to hear that ZC. Hope you find a better job in the near future. Don't give up man!
Offline gbguy20  
#18 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 9:18:25 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 280

Sorry buddy. With your skills you should be fine. Hell, find a job quick and you can consider that 8 weeks severance pay as a holiday bonus.
call me Dan
Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 9:22:33 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,017

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
FREEDOM!!!!!

Thanks.. now I have this stuck in the noggin... jerk. Big Grin

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline vikesrule  
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 4:33:32 AM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Damn, sorry to hear about that Kevin.

I hope that you find something that you want and it works well for you.

You've got some excellent skills and I know that you work hard at what you do.

The very best for you my young friend.

Online yooperfan  
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 5:29:13 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 520
Applause Received: 242

Very sorry to hear that Kevin, but I know you will come up off the mat swinging and will have future success.
Offline Wade  
#22 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:13:16 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 629
Applause Received: 647

Bummer, Kevin, especially given all you did with respect to the move to Colorado and back.

As everyone above said, though, you got skills, dude. Make it into an opportunity to put them to work where *you* want to put them to work. An opportunity to use 7 weeks of someone else's money to do it!

You Da Man!
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline macbob  
#23 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 4:24:09 PM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 257
Applause Received: 226

Sorry to hear it, Kevin. Not much advice to give--I haven't been in that situation (yet). Came close--had gotten fed up with a preceding job and took another job (at a 20% paycut) just to get out of my last job and the next week they announced where I worked was closing.

Hang in there, use your contacts to help find opportunities (that's how I got my current job). If nothing is immediately available, use the time to improve your chances (take classes, etc) and continue to network.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 4:29:12 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,832
Applause Received: 1,978

got up at 6am, showered and spent about 3hrs reading up on technical interview questions since I lack the technical 'off the cuff' knowledge.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Yerko  
#25 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 6:52:05 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 141
Applause Received: 228

Hope everything works out for you Kevin. I've never been fired (only been in the working world for 4 years) so I can't even begin to think about what goes through someone's head at this time.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#26 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 9:20:26 AM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 366

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
Damn, sorry to hear about that Kevin.

I hope that you find something that you want and it works well for you.

You've got some excellent skills and I know that you work hard at what you do.

The very best for you my young friend.

We know you're good at what you do, and if you keep plugging away at improving the gameday chat "experience", some of us might even give you a good reference.

Laugh

Seriously, all the best Kev. I have great confidence your next opportunity will be better than your last- your passion shines through.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:17:38 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,832
Applause Received: 1,978

I've had several interviews and phone interviews. The common theme they say is I have a good personality and it seems I have an unquestionable passion to program, which they all liked. One that was really promising was based out of Oshkosh. That's an hour drive with no traffic and good weather conditions. End time would be 5pm, so figure hitting the road at 5:10pm, factor in winter weather conditions and its conceivable I wouldn't get home to my daughter until 6:30pm or later. I told them I wasn't interested after thinking further about it. Luckily, I'm in a position where I can do that, but in six weeks, I'd have had to take it and find a way to make it work. Plus, it was VB and I really prefer C#. I'm hoping my choice doesn't bite me in the ass.

I've got a second interview Friday at 10am and I'm pretty nervous. This is a company that I would really like to work for. Ironically, they wanted to hire me out of college (one of my instructors works there) but when they called to give me the good news, I was on lunch while working for my previous employer and they wanted to have me learn C# on the job. They offered more money, but I had to turn them down because I felt I had to be loyal to the company who took a chance on me just days prior. Now they want someone with C# experience who also has ASP.NET (this site heh) experience and if they have VB experience it's considered a plus. I'm more than qualified, however, there's a technical interview and I am God awful on the technicalities of programming.

Needless to say, I'll be studying my ass off from now to Friday morning. It's only been three days, but I hate this, I need to be working. I'm not cut out for this unemployed stuff. It's doing absolutely nothing for my ADD or OCD for that matter.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
rabidgopher04 on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Online wpr  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:55:45 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,728
Applause Received: 1,310

"good personality" snerk!

Way to go Kevin. You will get the right job. G;ad to know this site has not been a colossal waste of your time.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline gbguy20  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:42:12 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 280

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I've had several interviews and phone interviews. The common theme they say is I have a good personality and it seems I have an unquestionable passion to program, which they all liked. One that was really promising was based out of Oshkosh. That's an hour drive with no traffic and good weather conditions. End time would be 5pm, so figure hitting the road at 5:10pm, factor in winter weather conditions and its conceivable I wouldn't get home to my daughter until 6:30pm or later. I told them I wasn't interested after thinking further about it. Luckily, I'm in a position where I can do that, but in six weeks, I'd have had to take it and find a way to make it work. Plus, it was VB and I really prefer C#. I'm hoping my choice doesn't bite me in the ass.

I've got a second interview Friday at 10am and I'm pretty nervous. This is a company that I would really like to work for. Ironically, they wanted to hire me out of college (one of my instructors works there) but when they called to give me the good news, I was on lunch while working for my previous employer and they wanted to have me learn C# on the job. They offered more money, but I had to turn them down because I felt I had to be loyal to the company who took a chance on me just days prior. Now they want someone with C# experience who also has ASP.NET (this site heh) experience and if they have VB experience it's considered a plus. I'm more than qualified, however, there's a technical interview and I am God awful on the technicalities of programming.

Needless to say, I'll be studying my ass off from now to Friday morning. It's only been three days, but I hate this, I need to be working. I'm not cut out for this unemployed stuff. It's doing absolutely nothing for my ADD or OCD for that matter.

Good luck my dude
call me Dan
Offline Blitz  
#30 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 6:11:00 AM(UTC)
Blitz

Applause Given: 7
Applause Received: 16

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
they want someone with C# experience who also has ASP.NET (this site heh) experience

Give them a link to PackersHome, we'll vouch for you.
ThumpUp

blank
Rss Feed