Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#31 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 5:02:53 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,966
Applause Received: 1,429

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
I was going to applause until the yard per carry comment. On a single game basis 3 yard per carry may not be required, but over the course of a season I think it is. It wasn't required against St Louis, but would likely be required against a team like Houston (who, coincidentally, we averaged 3 yards per carry against).


i guess you missed what I meant. a 3 yard avg is not required every single game. Some games you can get by with a 1.5 avg. sometimes 2 others 3 or 3.5.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline zombieslayer  
#32 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 7:21:16 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
I was going to applause until the yard per carry comment. On a single game basis 3 yard per carry may not be required, but over the course of a season I think it is. It wasn't required against St Louis, but would likely be required against a team like Houston (who, coincidentally, we averaged 3 yards per carry against).

Oh, and no, I wouldn't trade JJ for SJ.


Just an FYI - we're averaging 3.9 ypc this year. In 2010, we averaged 3.8.

I'd guess Aaron Rodgers inflates those totals. Too lazy to take his stats out and see what our RBs are getting.

And yes, I wouldn't trade JJ for SJ either.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Porforis  
#33 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 8:06:40 PM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Just an FYI - we're averaging 3.9 ypc this year. In 2010, we averaged 3.8.

I'd guess Aaron Rodgers inflates those totals. Too lazy to take his stats out and see what our RBs are getting.

And yes, I wouldn't trade JJ for SJ either.


169 rushes for 655 yards overall.

ARod: 24 for 125
Graham Harrell: 1 for 0

144 rushes by non-QBs, for 530 yards or 3.68 YPC.

Randall Cobb ran 3 times for 67 yards. If you're only counting Benson, Green, Kuhn, and Starks, 3.28 YPC.

Personal stats:

Code:
Player      	No	Yds	Avg
Cedric Benson	71	248	3.5
Alex Green      54	165	3.1
John Kuhn       11	39	3.5
James Starks    5	11	2.2
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 5 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/26/2012(UTC), Packers_Finland on 10/27/2012(UTC), wpr on 10/27/2012(UTC), zombieslayer on 10/27/2012(UTC), macbob on 10/27/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#34 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:22:31 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
169 rushes for 655 yards overall.

ARod: 24 for 125
Graham Harrell: 1 for 0

144 rushes by non-QBs, for 530 yards or 3.68 YPC.

Randall Cobb ran 3 times for 67 yards. If you're only counting Benson, Green, Kuhn, and Starks, 3.28 YPC.

Personal stats:

Code:
Player      	No	Yds	Avg
Cedric Benson	71	248	3.5
Alex Green      54	165	3.1
John Kuhn       11	39	3.5
James Starks    5	11	2.2


Thank you.

Now I'm really hoping we win the SB this year to shut up the "we need an elite RB" crowd once and for all. Hell, when was the last time someone won a SB with an elite RB anyways?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 10/27/2012(UTC), macbob on 10/27/2012(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#35 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 1:19:48 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Thank you.

Now I'm really hoping we win the SB this year to shut up the "we need an elite RB" crowd once and for all. Hell, when was the last time someone won a SB with an elite RB anyways?


Probably a dozen years ago Marshall Faulk Weeeee!!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
zombieslayer on 10/27/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#36 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 2:48:34 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
Probably a dozen years ago Marshall Faulk Weeeee!!


Thank you Gay.

Marshall Faulk was unarguably an elite RB. In that SB, he had 10 carries for 17 yards and the Rams won it. However, he did have 90 yards receiving. That's why I liked Faulk so much. He was a dang good receiver and if I remember correctly, not a bad blocker too.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 10/27/2012(UTC)
Offline vikesrule  
#37 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 5:50:17 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/4/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Thank you.

Now I'm really hoping we win the SB this year to shut up the "we need an elite RB" crowd once and for all. Hell, when was the last time someone won a SB with an elite RB anyways?


Last year it was "we don't need a good defense"....but I digress.


Faulk was in 1999

In addition......

2000 Ravens - Jamal Lewis - 1,364 yards
2001 Patriots - Antowain Smith - 1,157 yards
2004 Patriots - Corey Dillon - 1,635 yards
2005 Steelers - Willie Parker - 1,202 yards
2006 Colts - Joseph Addai - 1,081 yards
2007 Giants - Brandon Jacobs - 1,009 yards

Along with Faulk, I would consider Corey Dillon elite. The others are all very good.

If your team has a good to very good running back, it makes your offense that more viable and more difficult to defend against.

If "your" team doesn't have a running back that is even mediocre, well, you are one dimensional.

Hell, sometimes even an "elite" quarterback doesn't get you to the Super Bowl.....and sometimes even one and done...Whistle



thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline beast  
#38 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 6:06:08 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 219
Applause Received: 295



I think the question is weather or not you want to pay Jackson the big contract he wants or not... I rather save the money and try to resign Rodgers Jennings, Raji, Matthews, Burnett, Benson or Starks, and two of the three following Pickett, Wilson and/or Neal. That's a good number of contract coming up... the rookie deals ending will be the ones that go up a lot...

And if you want another RB then draft one... normally I don't prefer RBs in the 1st... just seem like too many of them turn out to be just average.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#39 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 6:18:03 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
Last year it was "we don't need a good defense"....but I digress.


Faulk was in 1999

In addition......

2000 Ravens - Jamal Lewis - 1,364 yards
2001 Patriots - Antowain Smith - 1,157 yards
2004 Patriots - Corey Dillon - 1,635 yards
2005 Steelers - Willie Parker - 1,202 yards
2006 Colts - Joseph Addai - 1,081 yards
2007 Giants - Brandon Jacobs - 1,009 yards

Along with Faulk, I would consider Corey Dillon elite. The others are all very good.

If your team has a good to very good running back, it makes your offense that more viable and more difficult to defend against.

If "your" team doesn't have a running back that is even mediocre, well, you are one dimensional.

Hell, sometimes even an "elite" quarterback doesn't get you to the Super Bowl.....and sometimes even one and done...Whistle







I'd rather have a QB in the postseason than a running back... you're gonna face more explosive teams and stouter defenses. You'll find yourself down if you rely on running the ball. You think your RB can bring yourself back down 20? I don't think so.. I'd say 2 teams won the SB without a great qb in the last decade, 3 if you count that horrid game by Big Ben in 05' I'll take those odds...
thanks Post received 1 applause.
zombieslayer on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline wrolly  
#40 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:37:17 AM(UTC)
wrolly

Rank: 7th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/20/2009(UTC)

Applause Received: 6

Can' do it. Especially with the injury issues for Jennings. Jones is the number one receiver this week with Nelson injured too. We are fine with sub-par running backs.
blank
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline dhazer  
#41 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:25:54 AM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 201

I say we trade Jennings to KC for Bowe, granted Bowe wants a new contract but do we pay an older injury prone wr looking for the big bucks or do we sign a big wr that will want good money but is younger than Jennings. I know Ted Thompson wouldn't do anything like that but that would be so awesome having the big huge WR to go along with Jones, Cobb, and Nelson. Hell send KC Finley also lol
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Porforis  
#42 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 11:24:22 AM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: wrolly Go to Quoted Post
Can' do it. Especially with the injury issues for Jennings. Jones is the number one receiver this week with Nelson injured too. We are fine with sub-par running backs.


The problem with our offensive line, not so much our RBs. Benson had (some) success because he was exceptional. A good or average RB won't have much of any success with the line consistently being pushed in his face.
UserPostedImage
Offline yooperfan  
#43 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:23:34 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 578
Applause Received: 265

He would retire rather than try to run behind this offensive line.
Offline zombieslayer  
#44 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:44:01 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
I'd rather have a QB in the postseason than a running back... you're gonna face more explosive teams and stouter defenses. You'll find yourself down if you rely on running the ball. You think your RB can bring yourself back down 20? I don't think so.. I'd say 2 teams won the SB without a great qb in the last decade, 3 if you count that horrid game by Big Ben in 05' I'll take those odds...


History shows that in order, the most important things in the postseason are:
1) D
2) QB


RB isn't even on the list. But then again, Vikesrule is a Vikings fan and the Vikings are completely clueless to what it takes to win in the postseason. Whistle
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
thanks Post received 3 applause.
yooperfan on 10/28/2012(UTC), wpr on 10/28/2012(UTC), Gaycandybacon on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#45 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:00:38 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
History shows that in order, the most important things in the postseason are:
1) D
2) QB


RB isn't even on the list. But then again, Vikesrule is a Vikings fan and the Vikings are completely clueless to what it takes to win in the postseason. Whistle


FLIP FLOP THOSE! NOW! :)
 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
7 Pages<12345>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.281 seconds.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
49m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

58m / Random Babble / Smokey

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

5h / Random Babble / Gilligan

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

6h / Random Babble / Smokey

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

6h / Random Babble / Cheesey

6h / Random Babble / Cheesey

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann


Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.