Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dyeah_gb  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 12:31:35 PM(UTC)
Game is currently at the end of the 3rd quarter against the Jags but this is the same team that showed up against the colts. The team has to go out of its way to look this bad on executing plays on offense. It really is disgusting. I don't know how green bay goes from playing like they did against the texans to this. I feel bad for Packer fans at Lambeau because 12 and company have not given them their moneys worth today.

This team needs to show up when playing at home dammit!!!!

edit: Okay game is over and we came away with the W but I stand by my frustrations with the offense in this game: Two fumbles by Rodgers, tripping on O lineman, a crucial 3 and out, and a botched field goal. If I was MM, I feel like I have a lot of work to do before facing Arizona. Fans at Lambeau deserve a game like we had against the Texans; especially as it gets colder.
yooperfan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:18:22 PM(UTC)
The real Green Bay Packers were abducted by zombies prior to this game.
nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:21:48 PM(UTC)
I call it the "MM Lull."

Our coach has a problem getting his team ready to play for a full 60.

Cost us a Superbowl 2 out of the last 3 years, imo.
dyeah_gb  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:22:00 PM(UTC)
yooperfan said: Go to Quoted Post
The real Green Bay Packers were abducted by zombies prior to this game.

Nice Halloween reference. . . damn zombies :)
doddpower  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:26:07 PM(UTC)
For some reason, the Packers play down to lesser competition and up to greater competition. Perhaps it's a player leadership issue. To be fair, the Packers did have a ton of injuries, but they still have to play better. They need more emotional type leaders on the field.
Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:36:24 PM(UTC)
doddpower said: Go to Quoted Post
For some reason, the Packers play down to lesser competition and up to greater competition. Perhaps it's a player leadership issue. To be fair, the Packers did have a ton of injuries, but they still have to play better. They need more emotional type leaders on the field.

INACTIVES: WR Greg Jennings, CB Sam Shields, FB John Kuhn, LB Nick Perry, S Charles Woodson, WR Jordy Nelson
gbguy20  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:39:30 PM(UTC)
There's a snake in my boot.
steveishere  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:41:31 PM(UTC)
A win is a win. This is the NFL, try not to be a spoiled fan and just be happy to be 5-3 after a shaky start to the season. It's alright to not blow ever team out of the water every week.
zombieslayer  
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:41:38 PM(UTC)
We won a SB with more injuries, so injuries aren't a valid excuse.

This Jags team is HORRIBLE. There was absolutely no reason we couldn't cover the spread.
Rios39  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:43:41 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer said: Go to Quoted Post

This Jags team is HORRIBLE. There was absolutely no reason we couldn't cover the spread.

But I would say the injuries were not to as many significant players.
nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:44:10 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
INACTIVES: WR Greg Jennings, CB Sam Shields, FB John Kuhn, LB Nick Perry, S Charles Woodson, WR Jordy Nelson

So, this team never shits itself on a regular basis, its just a one time fluke because we had all these guys sitting out?
Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:46:05 PM(UTC)
There is absolutely no common sense thinking that says injuries didn't play a factor into the Packers ONLY winning by 9 points. I think we should piss and moan about the loss because wins come so easy, ahem 49ers, Colts, Seahawks games for examples.

No team has EVER played a perfect game, none, not one, never. The OL was garbage and the DL didn't get the upper hand more times than not and tackling was an issue.

I, for one, am happy they won. It's not easy to do when you're missing your two starting WR, missing a Charles Woodson, on your 3rd ILB starting, your starting RB. It's a win and hopefully there were no more injuries. I'm tired of losing starters to injuries. This injury list is worse than 2010! Insane!
Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:05:38 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
So, this team never shits itself on a regular basis, its just a one time fluke because we had all these guys sitting out?

Any. Given. Sunday.
doddpower  
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:14:38 PM(UTC)

My statement stands even when those players are healthy. The Packers very often play down to lesser competition and up to elite competition. Posting an inactive list doesn't add much to my narrative. The Packers could use more emotional leadership. It doesn't mean they aren't good, it's just what I see on the field, even when relatively healthy. There were certainly still several healthy veterans playing today.

DarkaneRules  
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:28:56 PM(UTC)
We need to get more creative on offense and feed Cobb the ball at every opportunity. We also need a change of pace back. I have concerns about line play particularly the effectiveness of Saturday.
steveishere  
#16 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:46:08 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, they've shat themselves on a regular basis into the 2nd most wins in the league since McCarthy became the coach. How terrible...

[wallme]
dyeah_gb  
#17 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:12:10 PM(UTC)
There is absolutely no common sense thinking that says injuries didn't play a factor into the Packers ONLY winning by 9 points. I think we should piss and moan about the loss because wins come so easy, ahem 49ers, Colts, Seahawks games for examples.

No team has EVER played a perfect game, none, not one, never. The OL was garbage and the DL didn't get the upper hand more times than not and tackling was an issue.

I, for one, am happy they won. It's not easy to do when you're missing your two starting WR, missing a Charles Woodson, on your 3rd ILB starting, your starting RB. It's a win and hopefully there were no more injuries. I'm tired of losing starters to injuries. This injury list is worse than 2010! Insane!

I am happy with the win. Today's game just brought bad flashbacks to the loss to a mediocre colts team. The mistakes I saw had nothing to do with injured players. It was a cascading group of errors that that could have spiraled out of control. Against a decent opponent, the multitude of mistakes in the end of the 2nd and 3rd quarter would have more likely cost us the game.
doddpower  
#18 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:28:10 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules said: Go to Quoted Post
We need to get more creative on offense and feed Cobb the ball at every opportunity. We also need a change of pace back. I have concerns about line play particularly the effectiveness of Saturday.

Yeah, Green isn't that good, but the offensive line blocking is terrible as well as has been for years, for the most part.

nerdmann  
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:35:56 PM(UTC)
doddpower said: Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, Green isn't that good, but the offensive line blocking is terrible as well as has been for years, for the most part.

I don't know why they do not use him in such a manner as to take advantage of his skill set.

Screens, for instance. Draws and flat passes. Traps. Get him in the open field. Not only is that stuff he's actually GOOD AT, but it would fit into the overall "passing" philosophy of the offense.

I guess it's because of the perception that we have to have a certain number of "rushing attempts" to "keep defenses honest." Well that's great. Use Starks for that. Or at least give Green something to do that he can actually get done. It's like substiting your league MVP quarterback on a fourth down passing attempt.

Oh wait, they did that too. lol:-k
wpr  
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:40:10 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer said: Go to Quoted Post

That is easy. Mike doesn't bet on the games so he doesn't care if they win by 2 or by 20. He just wants the W. As soon as the win loss is based on the spread he will care.
Rss Feed