Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:44:10 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 5,257
Applause Received: 1,229
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
INACTIVES: WR Greg Jennings, CB Sam Shields, FB John Kuhn, LB Nick Perry, S Charles Woodson, WR Jordy Nelson

So, this team never shits itself on a regular basis, its just a one time fluke because we had all these guys sitting out?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:46:05 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,294
Applause Received: 3,481
There is absolutely no common sense thinking that says injuries didn't play a factor into the Packers ONLY winning by 9 points. I think we should piss and moan about the loss because wins come so easy, ahem 49ers, Colts, Seahawks games for examples.

No team has EVER played a perfect game, none, not one, never. The OL was garbage and the DL didn't get the upper hand more times than not and tackling was an issue.

I, for one, am happy they won. It's not easy to do when you're missing your two starting WR, missing a Charles Woodson, on your 3rd ILB starting, your starting RB. It's a win and hopefully there were no more injuries. I'm tired of losing starters to injuries. This injury list is worse than 2010! Insane!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:05:38 PM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,294
Applause Received: 3,481
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
So, this team never shits itself on a regular basis, its just a one time fluke because we had all these guys sitting out?

Any. Given. Sunday.
Offline doddpower  
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:14:38 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 3,122
Applause Received: 839
INACTIVES: WR Greg Jennings, CB Sam Shields, FB John Kuhn, LB Nick Perry, S Charles Woodson, WR Jordy Nelson

My statement stands even when those players are healthy. The Packers very often play down to lesser competition and up to elite competition. Posting an inactive list doesn't add much to my narrative. The Packers could use more emotional leadership. It doesn't mean they aren't good, it's just what I see on the field, even when relatively healthy. There were certainly still several healthy veterans playing today.

thanks Post received 3 applause.
nerdmann on 10/28/2012(UTC), Zero2Cool on 10/28/2012(UTC), Wade on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:28:56 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 297
Applause Received: 589
We need to get more creative on offense and feed Cobb the ball at every opportunity. We also need a change of pace back. I have concerns about line play particularly the effectiveness of Saturday.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/28/2012(UTC), DakotaT on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#16 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:46:08 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 57
Applause Received: 1,460
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, they've shat themselves on a regular basis into the 2nd most wins in the league since McCarthy became the coach. How terrible...

[wallme]
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/28/2012(UTC), Gaycandybacon on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline dyeah_gb  
#17 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:12:10 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 54
There is absolutely no common sense thinking that says injuries didn't play a factor into the Packers ONLY winning by 9 points. I think we should piss and moan about the loss because wins come so easy, ahem 49ers, Colts, Seahawks games for examples.

No team has EVER played a perfect game, none, not one, never. The OL was garbage and the DL didn't get the upper hand more times than not and tackling was an issue.

I, for one, am happy they won. It's not easy to do when you're missing your two starting WR, missing a Charles Woodson, on your 3rd ILB starting, your starting RB. It's a win and hopefully there were no more injuries. I'm tired of losing starters to injuries. This injury list is worse than 2010! Insane!

I am happy with the win. Today's game just brought bad flashbacks to the loss to a mediocre colts team. The mistakes I saw had nothing to do with injured players. It was a cascading group of errors that that could have spiraled out of control. Against a decent opponent, the multitude of mistakes in the end of the 2nd and 3rd quarter would have more likely cost us the game.
Offline doddpower  
#18 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:28:10 PM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2015

United States
Applause Given: 3,122
Applause Received: 839
DarkaneRules said: Go to Quoted Post
We need to get more creative on offense and feed Cobb the ball at every opportunity. We also need a change of pace back. I have concerns about line play particularly the effectiveness of Saturday.

Yeah, Green isn't that good, but the offensive line blocking is terrible as well as has been for years, for the most part.

Offline nerdmann  
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:35:56 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 5,257
Applause Received: 1,229
doddpower said: Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, Green isn't that good, but the offensive line blocking is terrible as well as has been for years, for the most part.

I don't know why they do not use him in such a manner as to take advantage of his skill set.

Screens, for instance. Draws and flat passes. Traps. Get him in the open field. Not only is that stuff he's actually GOOD AT, but it would fit into the overall "passing" philosophy of the offense.

I guess it's because of the perception that we have to have a certain number of "rushing attempts" to "keep defenses honest." Well that's great. Use Starks for that. Or at least give Green something to do that he can actually get done. It's like substiting your league MVP quarterback on a fourth down passing attempt.

Oh wait, they did that too. lol:-k
Offline wpr  
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:40:10 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,411
Applause Received: 1,681
zombieslayer said: Go to Quoted Post
We won a SB with more injuries, so injuries aren't a valid excuse.

This Jags team is HORRIBLE. There was absolutely no reason we couldn't cover the spread.

That is easy. Mike doesn't bet on the games so he doesn't care if they win by 2 or by 20. He just wants the W. As soon as the win loss is based on the spread he will care.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Rss Feed