You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

28 Pages«<23456>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online wpr  
#46 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 3:07:06 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,416
Applause Received: 1,203

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
I should be Bob's VP.
After all, once he's assassinated, i become the PRESIDENT!
(I'd just have to make sure my shot would hit the mark!)Big Grin

assassin squirrels.

UserPostedImage
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Wade  
#47 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 10:41:40 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 563
Applause Received: 589

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
good. I get worn out by all the he said, she said, they said rhetoric.

I have never seen anyone change their position based on internet discussions.

Of course. I haven't been shown to be wrong yet, after all.

Asshole

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline Wade  
#48 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 10:46:00 PM(UTC)
Wade

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Can you explain why you feel your vote matters less than say, a citizen of Chicago? I'm genuinely curious, a lot of people seem to feel that if their vote doesn't go to the winning candidate it's worth less. I don't agree with that, but I've never heard someone explain why they feel that way.

I thought she was just referring to the fact that Chicago defined vote corruption.

More cemeteries with the franchise than any three states, or something like that.

Big Grin

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline Wade  
#49 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 10:59:27 PM(UTC)
Wade

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
I am all for sending a message to our elected officials. Just not by throwing away my presidential vote. And its not short term thinking, it is hopeful thinking. I am certain that Obama is wrong for the country. I am certain we cannot tax our way out of the deficit or debt. But the office of the president is to important to throw away or vote for somebody who doesn't stand a chance. If we let Obama stay in office, we are telling him he is doing ok. He isn't, and that alone is enough to not deserve a 2nd term.

Personally I don't think taxes should be raised or lowered at this point. Not until we as a country really go through our budget and cut spending to a bare minimum and determine where and what we are actually spending on. Many things can be moved to the private sector and off tax payer dime. TSA for example, 8 billion dollars, there is no reason private security cannot fill that role. 911 was not the fault of the people working security, it was just the policies. But they freaked and went overboard. Privatize them again, and not only do you move that 8 billion off the government budget, but you remove the future burden of those government worker retirements.

Herman Cain was on the right track when he said bills should be limited to 3 pages. While that may not be possible the concept is correct. We don't need 2000 page bills that not even one person knows everything in them. They need to be simple. Look at Obamacare. If it is a good idea to insure our young adults until they are 26, you right that as a bill, submit it, debate it, vote and implement. And move on to the next bill. The reason things take so long is because each bill has 200 different things on and each piece gets debated and edited before being voted on in one house, and then the same in the other house and then needs to be reconciled. Things would not only get done quicker and more efficiently, but there would be no question on where a politician stands on the issues. They couldn't blame somebody for being anit-military, because they voted a bill down because of the crap that was added into the bill.

We can send a message, through our state governments and Congress. Vote any incumbent out, make sure that each seat is not only contested by the opposite party, but by a 3rd party and the incumbents own party. We vote enough 3rd party politicians into congress, and they have no choice but to work together.

Ah, but exactly where lies the evidence for hope? Seriously.

Why should the Demolicans and Repubocrats get any better if we're always going to consider anything but voting for them in the big elections?

IMO your great confidence in the American political system is severely misplaced.

The Big Two have no more incentive to improve the quality of their product than one of the Kardashian sisters have to be a woman worthy of attention. And they won't until a big enough part of the electorate says, "A pox on both of you."

thanks Post received 2 applause.
zombieslayer on 10/27/2012(UTC), Porforis on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline yooperfan  
#50 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:36:22 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 480
Applause Received: 225

Originally Posted by: 4PackGirl Go to Quoted Post
voting third party here! let's rock this nation & make a change people!!

Hear,Hear!!

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Packerchick on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#51 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:01:22 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline zombieslayer  
#52 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:19:53 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post

Why should the Demolicans and Repubocrats get any better if we're always going to consider anything but voting for them in the big elections?

IMO your great confidence in the American political system is severely misplaced.

The Big Two have no more incentive to improve the quality of their product than one of the Kardashian sisters have to be a woman worthy of attention. And they won't until a big enough part of the electorate says, "A pox on both of you."

"Well, at least the Democratic/Republican candidate beats me less than my ex did."

That's about as logical as someone gets when throwing their vote behind the Democratic/Republican candidate.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#53 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 1:55:08 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 346

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Yerko  
#54 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 6:56:27 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 110
Applause Received: 197

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Obama seems to want to give away millions and billions to those who can't earn it themselves and Romney seems to change his direction predicated on the target audience.

It really can't be too hard to finance the deficit.

1. legalize weed, tax it like cigarettes. there's tax money and jobs.
2. legalize prostitution, tax it. there's tax money and job. (there has to be a way to make it healthy, shit, its the worlds OLDEST human profession!)
3. any and all government paid employees making six figures or more, instantly lose 50% of their income.

There is my three point plan to getting this country's debt zeroed out. BOOM!

Writing in "Zero2Cool" on ballot.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#55 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:20:53 AM(UTC)
dhazer

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 176

Lets see Obama called for change on 2008 and he is working towards that in that he wants to be a dictator and make the US a third world country, like his father and grandfather wanted. He is running this country into a debt and depression that it will never make it out of. He forces things on the people of the country without a vote.

Now you get Romney that seems to have no sense of direction on what he will do to fix the debt. He just says he has a plan. He did gain a point from me when he brought up that he let his reps actually vote on plans when he was governor. Neither one of them are worth a damn but I will vote just so I can say I have the right to bitch lol.

I will probably vote for Romney just so maybe he gets a chance, I mean after all how much worse can he do :) Plus he will get rid of the stupid bill Obama put in for the illegals just to gain votes. If Obama gets back in prepare yourself for the worse. I will pull all my money from any bank and stock up on alot of ammo because this country will fall to pieces.

As Obama said in 2008 ITS Time for a change and that means get the nonamerica out from running this country

UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#56 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:31:22 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 155
Applause Received: 105

Found this little joke on facebook yesterday.
Whats the difference between Obama supporters and Romney supporters?
Romney supporters sign their checks on the front.
Obama supporters sign their checks on the back.
Wisconsin Born,Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
Cheesey on 10/28/2012(UTC), Packerchick on 10/28/2012(UTC), wpr on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline Cheesey  
#57 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:57:46 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

That one made me laugh, Sin!Big Grin

here's something in Wisconsin that STILL bugs me.
We tried to pass a voter ID law, and the democrats cried, screamed, and fought all the way, saying it was an attack on the poor, and would keep them from voting.
HUH!?!?
Tell me, please, WHO believe that crap?
You need an ID to drive, to cash a check, to buy booze, and many other things. I believe the vast majority of people already have an ID. And if they didn't, the voter ID law would have provided one to everyone for FREE.
So what was the REAL reason the dems were so against it?
Pretty simple....it would virtually do away with voter fraud, thus taking away the ability to cheat. Yes, it might be a somewhat small amount, but in a close election it could make the difference.
I didn't see ANY republicans fighting against said law.
Heck, someone put up billboards around the state that told people that voter fraud was a crime and punishable by law. Guess who attacked the billboards? Yup, democrats. Saying it was somehow trying to scare voters.
HUH!?!?
It IS illegal, isn't it? Should anyone that's voting legally be bothered by it? It's makes as much sense as screaming if someone put up billboards saying it was illegal to drive drunk.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Packerchick on 10/28/2012(UTC), wpr on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline subin  
#58 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:22:33 AM(UTC)
subin

Applause Received: 3

Ron Paul
blank
thanks Post received 3 applause.
Formo on 10/28/2012(UTC), zombieslayer on 10/28/2012(UTC), Packerchick on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline Formo  
#59 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:23:10 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
That one made me laugh, Sin!Big Grin

here's something in Wisconsin that STILL bugs me.
We tried to pass a voter ID law, and the democrats cried, screamed, and fought all the way, saying it was an attack on the poor, and would keep them from voting.
HUH!?!?
Tell me, please, WHO believe that crap?
You need an ID to drive, to cash a check, to buy booze, and many other things. I believe the vast majority of people already have an ID. And if they didn't, the voter ID law would have provided one to everyone for FREE.
So what was the REAL reason the dems were so against it?
Pretty simple....it would virtually do away with voter fraud, thus taking away the ability to cheat. Yes, it might be a somewhat small amount, but in a close election it could make the difference.
I didn't see ANY republicans fighting against said law.
Heck, someone put up billboards around the state that told people that voter fraud was a crime and punishable by law. Guess who attacked the billboards? Yup, democrats. Saying it was somehow trying to scare voters.
HUH!?!?
It IS illegal, isn't it? Should anyone that's voting legally be bothered by it? It's makes as much sense as screaming if someone put up billboards saying it was illegal to drive drunk.

This election, Minnesota has two 'Vote Yes/No's on the ballot. One stating that Marriage is only between a man and a woman (not legalizing gay marriages, as many think), and the other is Voter ID.

Will be interesting how they turn out. The only one I truly care about is voter ID, though. The marriage amendment is simply a decoy to keep peoples minds off the real issues.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Porforis  
#60 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:35:50 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 167
Applause Received: 328

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
If Obama gets back in prepare yourself for the worse. I will pull all my money from any bank and stock up on alot of ammo because this country will fall to pieces.

If Obama wins, I expect pics by 2013.
UserPostedImage