Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline steveishere  
#16 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:46:08 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 1,006

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
So, this team never shits itself on a regular basis, its just a one time fluke because we had all these guys sitting out?

Yeah, they've shat themselves on a regular basis into the 2nd most wins in the league since McCarthy became the coach. How terrible...

Bang Head
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/28/2012(UTC), Gaycandybacon on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline dyeah_gb  
#17 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:12:10 PM(UTC)
dyeah_gb

Applause Given: 30
Applause Received: 28

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
There is absolutely no common sense thinking that says injuries didn't play a factor into the Packers ONLY winning by 9 points. I think we should piss and moan about the loss because wins come so easy, ahem 49ers, Colts, Seahawks games for examples.

No team has EVER played a perfect game, none, not one, never. The OL was garbage and the DL didn't get the upper hand more times than not and tackling was an issue.

I, for one, am happy they won. It's not easy to do when you're missing your two starting WR, missing a Charles Woodson, on your 3rd ILB starting, your starting RB. It's a win and hopefully there were no more injuries. I'm tired of losing starters to injuries. This injury list is worse than 2010! Insane!

I am happy with the win. Today's game just brought bad flashbacks to the loss to a mediocre colts team. The mistakes I saw had nothing to do with injured players. It was a cascading group of errors that that could have spiraled out of control. Against a decent opponent, the multitude of mistakes in the end of the 2nd and 3rd quarter would have more likely cost us the game.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Offline doddpower  
#18 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:28:10 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,169
Applause Received: 547

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
We need to get more creative on offense and feed Cobb the ball at every opportunity. We also need a change of pace back. I have concerns about line play particularly the effectiveness of Saturday.

Yeah, Green isn't that good, but the offensive line blocking is terrible as well as has been for years, for the most part.

Offline nerdmann  
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:35:56 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,783
Applause Received: 674

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, Green isn't that good, but the offensive line blocking is terrible as well as has been for years, for the most part.

I don't know why they do not use him in such a manner as to take advantage of his skill set.

Screens, for instance. Draws and flat passes. Traps. Get him in the open field. Not only is that stuff he's actually GOOD AT, but it would fit into the overall "passing" philosophy of the offense.

I guess it's because of the perception that we have to have a certain number of "rushing attempts" to "keep defenses honest." Well that's great. Use Starks for that. Or at least give Green something to do that he can actually get done. It's like substiting your league MVP quarterback on a fourth down passing attempt.

Oh wait, they did that too. lolThink
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online wpr  
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:40:10 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,232
Applause Received: 1,554

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
We won a SB with more injuries, so injuries aren't a valid excuse.

This Jags team is HORRIBLE. There was absolutely no reason we couldn't cover the spread.

That is easy. Mike doesn't bet on the games so he doesn't care if they win by 2 or by 20. He just wants the W. As soon as the win loss is based on the spread he will care.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:56:20 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,988
Applause Received: 2,283

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
That is easy. Mike doesn't bet on the games so he doesn't care if they win by 2 or by 20. He just wants the W. As soon as the win loss is based on the spread he will care.

That there is the problem with some fans. They go into games feeling it should absolutely be a blow out and when it doesn't happen, the sky is falling. Even when their rooting team ... wins. Face. Palm.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
rabidgopher04 on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline gbguy20  
#22 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:03:03 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 210
Applause Received: 285

MORE STARKS

MORE

STARKS
call me Dan
wpr on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:43:58 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
That there is the problem with some fans. They go into games feeling it should absolutely be a blow out and when it doesn't happen, the sky is falling. Even when their rooting team ... wins. Face. Palm.

Problem? Or a legitimate concern?

Remember people were saying "oh, don't worry about the defense" in 2011. What happened?

This year, our O is lacking that killer instinct. Hope we get this resolved in time for the Playoffs.

Of course, you can bury your head and the sand and believe everything will be OK. I guess that's the American way nowadays.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline vikesrule  
#24 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:51:08 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Remember people were saying "oh, don't worry about the defense" in 2011. What happened?

People?

What people ZS?

Rolling On The Floor Laughing

Offline steveishere  
#25 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:01:51 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 1,006

Problem? Or a legitimate concern?

This year, our O is lacking that killer instinct. Hope we get this resolved in time for the Playoffs.

Of course, you can bury your head and the sand and believe everything will be OK. I guess that's the American way nowadays.

In 2011 they were winning despite a bad defense. They still have had one of the top offenses in the league this year so far despite facing one of the toughest defensive schedules of anybody. I don't see how not being panicky equates to "burying your head in the sand" in this situation.
Offline zombieslayer  
#26 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:01:59 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
People?

What people ZS?

Rolling On The Floor Laughing

Yes, myself included. I'll readily admit that. But I guarantee you, I was in the majority last year. There were only a few people (Nonstopdrivel immediately comes to mind) who brought up the concerns about the D when it came time for the Playoffs.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline RaiderPride  
#27 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:03:05 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 215

Good teams win in what some fans bitch about and consider a loathsome and ugly performance.

However... On December 16th this year, at exactly 1 P.M. EST. The final score of today's game will not mean shit. The only thing that will matter is the number that was placed in the win column today, this fine Sunday, October 28, 2012.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Zero2Cool on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline mi_keys  
#28 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:07:32 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 235
Applause Received: 369

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
In 2011 they were winning despite a bad defense. They still have had one of the top offenses in the league this year so far despite facing one of the toughest defensive schedules of anybody. I don't see how not being panicky equates to "burying your head in the sand" in this situation.

This. Our offense also played lights out the last two weeks against some pretty damn good defenses on the road. Our defense never had a lights out game last year, let alone against a good offense.

Today's game was certainly frustrating. That said, how many teams are playing without their top two wideouts and their starting running back. It wasn't a good performance but we won. Sometimes wins are going to be ugly. Let's hope they snap out of it next week and play the way they did against the Rams and Texans.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline zombieslayer  
#29 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:30:22 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride Go to Quoted Post
Good teams win in what some fans bitch about and consider a loathsome and ugly performance.

However... On December 16th this year, at exactly 1 P.M. EST. The final score of today's game will not mean shit. The only thing that will matter is the number that was placed in the win column today, this fine Sunday, October 28, 2012.

Wait. What does Beethoven's birthday have to do with the Packers? Think
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

RaiderPride on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline gbguy20  
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:37:39 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 210
Applause Received: 285

Seriously, is Starks still gimpy? If not, why the hell is he being ignored for this guy Alex Green who can't do a damn thing?
call me Dan
Rss Feed