Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:56:20 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
That is easy. Mike doesn't bet on the games so he doesn't care if they win by 2 or by 20. He just wants the W. As soon as the win loss is based on the spread he will care.

That there is the problem with some fans. They go into games feeling it should absolutely be a blow out and when it doesn't happen, the sky is falling. Even when their rooting team ... wins. [palm]
gbguy20  
#22 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:03:03 PM(UTC)
MORE STARKS

MORE

STARKS
zombieslayer  
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:43:58 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
That there is the problem with some fans. They go into games feeling it should absolutely be a blow out and when it doesn't happen, the sky is falling. Even when their rooting team ... wins. [palm]

Problem? Or a legitimate concern?

Remember people were saying "oh, don't worry about the defense" in 2011. What happened?

This year, our O is lacking that killer instinct. Hope we get this resolved in time for the Playoffs.

Of course, you can bury your head and the sand and believe everything will be OK. I guess that's the American way nowadays.
vikesrule  
#24 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:51:08 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer said: Go to Quoted Post

Remember people were saying "oh, don't worry about the defense" in 2011. What happened?

People?

What people ZS?

[roflmao]

steveishere  
#25 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:01:51 PM(UTC)
Problem? Or a legitimate concern?

This year, our O is lacking that killer instinct. Hope we get this resolved in time for the Playoffs.

Of course, you can bury your head and the sand and believe everything will be OK. I guess that's the American way nowadays.

In 2011 they were winning despite a bad defense. They still have had one of the top offenses in the league this year so far despite facing one of the toughest defensive schedules of anybody. I don't see how not being panicky equates to "burying your head in the sand" in this situation.
zombieslayer  
#26 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:01:59 PM(UTC)
vikesrule said: Go to Quoted Post
People?

What people ZS?

[roflmao]

Yes, myself included. I'll readily admit that. But I guarantee you, I was in the majority last year. There were only a few people (Nonstopdrivel immediately comes to mind) who brought up the concerns about the D when it came time for the Playoffs.
RaiderPride  
#27 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:03:05 PM(UTC)
Good teams win in what some fans bitch about and consider a loathsome and ugly performance.

However... On December 16th this year, at exactly 1 P.M. EST. The final score of today's game will not mean shit. The only thing that will matter is the number that was placed in the win column today, this fine Sunday, October 28, 2012.

mi_keys  
#28 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:07:32 PM(UTC)
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
In 2011 they were winning despite a bad defense. They still have had one of the top offenses in the league this year so far despite facing one of the toughest defensive schedules of anybody. I don't see how not being panicky equates to "burying your head in the sand" in this situation.

This. Our offense also played lights out the last two weeks against some pretty damn good defenses on the road. Our defense never had a lights out game last year, let alone against a good offense.

Today's game was certainly frustrating. That said, how many teams are playing without their top two wideouts and their starting running back. It wasn't a good performance but we won. Sometimes wins are going to be ugly. Let's hope they snap out of it next week and play the way they did against the Rams and Texans.
zombieslayer  
#29 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:30:22 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride said: Go to Quoted Post
Good teams win in what some fans bitch about and consider a loathsome and ugly performance.

However... On December 16th this year, at exactly 1 P.M. EST. The final score of today's game will not mean shit. The only thing that will matter is the number that was placed in the win column today, this fine Sunday, October 28, 2012.

Wait. What does Beethoven's birthday have to do with the Packers? :-k
gbguy20  
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:37:39 PM(UTC)
Seriously, is Starks still gimpy? If not, why the hell is he being ignored for this guy Alex Green who can't do a damn thing?
nerdmann  
#31 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:02:06 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
Seriously, is Starks still gimpy? If not, why the hell is he being ignored for this guy Alex Green who can't do a damn thing?

The QB doesn't like him.
dyeah_gb  
#32 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:06:06 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post

I am under the impression it is a maturity thing. Like the rookie mistake of dropping the pass on the screen in the second half because he was turning to run up field before he had control of the ball.

gbguy20  
#33 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:36:45 PM(UTC)
Still, how many games in a row are we going to run for 2 yards per carry before we decide it's time to give someone else a shot?
Wade  
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:38:22 PM(UTC)
It isn't the RB that is the problem.

It's the OL.

Again.

Still.
Gaycandybacon  
#35 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:54:53 PM(UTC)
When will you guys realize no matter what back we put out there it won't change the running game.... I'm sorry but i'm tired of hearing about it. Our starting FB was out for god sakes and we ran more yards than last week....granted a better defense but still...

Alex Green is not the problem and Starks isn't the answer. Our WHOLE team is accountable ladies and gents.

Like everyone said no game is easy to win in the NFL. AND WE WON. Don't underestmate any team.. And I think it's lauaghable everyone thinks we play down to bad competition. EVERYONES COMPETITION! IT'S THE NFL...

One bright spot in this game.. We were balanced. Arod didn't throw a pick and threw 2 TDs.. He did enough..

I believe injuries hurt us today. But we hurt ourselves a couple times and we need to improve like anyone else.

All in all.. I'll continue to say this.. No matter the yards, IF we run the ball 20 + times WE WILL WIN! The proofs in the pudding. 20+ Carries = 5-1. Guess what the loss was? The Seahawks! which in essence we're 6-0 when we acomplish that feet.
steveishere  
#36 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:55:25 PM(UTC)
Wade said: Go to Quoted Post
It isn't the RB that is the problem.

It's the OL.

Again.

Still.

There is no "the" problem. There are problemS and the RB is part of it.
zombieslayer  
#37 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:00:34 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon said: Go to Quoted Post
When will you guys realize no matter what back we put out there it won't change the running game.... I'm sorry but i'm tired of hearing about it. Our starting FB was out for god sakes and we ran more yards than last week....granted a better defense but still...

Alex Green is not the problem and Starks isn't the answer. Our WHOLE team is accountable ladies and gents.

Like everyone said no game is easy to win in the NFL. AND WE WON. Don't underestmate any team.. And I think it's lauaghable everyone thinks we play down to competition. EVERYONES COMPETITION! IT'S THE NFL...

One bright spot in this game.. We were balanced. Arod didn't throw a pick and threw 2 TDs.. He did enough..

I believe injuries hurt us today. But we hurt ourselves a couple times and we need to improve like anyone else.

All in all.. I'll continue to say this.. No matter the yards, IF we run the ball 20 + times WE WILL WIN! The proofs in the pudding. 20+ Carries = 5-1. Guess what the loss was? The Seahawks! which in essence we're 6-0 when we acomplish that feet.

For the record, historically, total yards doesn't matter. Total carries does. We're getting the carries and Alex Green has proven he's tough enough to run 20+ times a game.

So....we found our RB. Bonus he's decent with screens.
earthquake  
#38 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:16:37 PM(UTC)
For the record, historically, total yards doesn't matter. Total carries does. We're getting the carries and Alex Green has proven he's tough enough to run 20+ times a game.

So....we found our RB. Bonus he's decent with screens.

Honestly I think this is a bit of a chicken-and-egg stat.

Teams that win or teams that lead tend to run the ball at the end of games more than throw it, to run out the clock. Teams that lose or are trailing will pass the ball more and abandon the run game. So its fairly logical that you will have more carries in a winning effort, that doesn't mean more carries is the way to win necessarily.
zombieslayer  
#39 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:22:04 PM(UTC)
earthquake said: Go to Quoted Post

Teams that win or teams that lead tend to run the ball at the end of games more than throw it, to run out the clock. Teams that lose or are trailing will pass the ball more and abandon the run game. So its fairly logical that you will have more carries in a winning effort, that doesn't mean more carries is the way to win necessarily.

:-$

Don't say that too loud or else you'll have the pro-run people hound you.
Gaycandybacon  
#40 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 12:54:53 AM(UTC)
earthquake said: Go to Quoted Post

I won't disagree that RB attempts decide games. But a high number of carries are important if you wanna control the clock the whole game. Remember the 49ers game and the 2nd half of the Colts game, where we didn't run it more than 10 times. The 9ers/Colts stomped us cause they kept us off the field. And if we got a 3 and out 1 or 2 times strictly passing the ball it can kill you and bite you in the ass. That's why if we get those number of carries our team will have better success. Just the fact we have faith running the ball that much is encouraging even thoe we don't put up the yards. At least Mike McCarthy has been consistant with that the last 3 games.
Rss Feed