You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#31 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:02:06 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Seriously, is Starks still gimpy? If not, why the hell is he being ignored for this guy Alex Green who can't do a damn thing?

The QB doesn't like him.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline dyeah_gb  
#32 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:06:06 PM(UTC)
dyeah_gb

Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 24

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Seriously, is Starks still gimpy? If not, why the hell is he being ignored for this guy Alex Green who can't do a damn thing?

I am under the impression it is a maturity thing. Like the rookie mistake of dropping the pass on the screen in the second half because he was turning to run up field before he had control of the ball.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Offline gbguy20  
#33 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:36:45 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 248

Still, how many games in a row are we going to run for 2 yards per carry before we decide it's time to give someone else a shot?
call me Dan
Offline Wade  
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:38:22 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 563
Applause Received: 589

It isn't the RB that is the problem.

It's the OL.

Again.

Still.
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 10/29/2012(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#35 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:54:53 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States
You have been a member since:: 9/17/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

When will you guys realize no matter what back we put out there it won't change the running game.... I'm sorry but i'm tired of hearing about it. Our starting FB was out for god sakes and we ran more yards than last week....granted a better defense but still...

Alex Green is not the problem and Starks isn't the answer. Our WHOLE team is accountable ladies and gents.

Like everyone said no game is easy to win in the NFL. AND WE WON. Don't underestmate any team.. And I think it's lauaghable everyone thinks we play down to bad competition. EVERYONES COMPETITION! IT'S THE NFL...

One bright spot in this game.. We were balanced. Arod didn't throw a pick and threw 2 TDs.. He did enough..

I believe injuries hurt us today. But we hurt ourselves a couple times and we need to improve like anyone else.

All in all.. I'll continue to say this.. No matter the yards, IF we run the ball 20 + times WE WILL WIN! The proofs in the pudding. 20+ Carries = 5-1. Guess what the loss was? The Seahawks! which in essence we're 6-0 when we acomplish that feet.

Edited by user Monday, October 29, 2012 12:37:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks Post received 2 applause.
RaiderPride on 10/28/2012(UTC), Zero2Cool on 10/29/2012(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#36 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:55:25 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 601

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
It isn't the RB that is the problem.

It's the OL.

Again.

Still.

There is no "the" problem. There are problemS and the RB is part of it.
Offline zombieslayer  
#37 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:00:34 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
When will you guys realize no matter what back we put out there it won't change the running game.... I'm sorry but i'm tired of hearing about it. Our starting FB was out for god sakes and we ran more yards than last week....granted a better defense but still...

Alex Green is not the problem and Starks isn't the answer. Our WHOLE team is accountable ladies and gents.

Like everyone said no game is easy to win in the NFL. AND WE WON. Don't underestmate any team.. And I think it's lauaghable everyone thinks we play down to competition. EVERYONES COMPETITION! IT'S THE NFL...

One bright spot in this game.. We were balanced. Arod didn't throw a pick and threw 2 TDs.. He did enough..

I believe injuries hurt us today. But we hurt ourselves a couple times and we need to improve like anyone else.

All in all.. I'll continue to say this.. No matter the yards, IF we run the ball 20 + times WE WILL WIN! The proofs in the pudding. 20+ Carries = 5-1. Guess what the loss was? The Seahawks! which in essence we're 6-0 when we acomplish that feet.

For the record, historically, total yards doesn't matter. Total carries does. We're getting the carries and Alex Green has proven he's tough enough to run 20+ times a game.

So....we found our RB. Bonus he's decent with screens.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline earthquake  
#38 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:16:37 PM(UTC)
earthquake

Applause Given: 78
Applause Received: 43

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
For the record, historically, total yards doesn't matter. Total carries does. We're getting the carries and Alex Green has proven he's tough enough to run 20+ times a game.

So....we found our RB. Bonus he's decent with screens.

Honestly I think this is a bit of a chicken-and-egg stat.

Teams that win or teams that lead tend to run the ball at the end of games more than throw it, to run out the clock. Teams that lose or are trailing will pass the ball more and abandon the run game. So its fairly logical that you will have more carries in a winning effort, that doesn't mean more carries is the way to win necessarily.
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#39 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:22:04 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: earthquake Go to Quoted Post

Teams that win or teams that lead tend to run the ball at the end of games more than throw it, to run out the clock. Teams that lose or are trailing will pass the ball more and abandon the run game. So its fairly logical that you will have more carries in a winning effort, that doesn't mean more carries is the way to win necessarily.

Shhh

Don't say that too loud or else you'll have the pro-run people hound you.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#40 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 12:54:53 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States
You have been a member since:: 9/17/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

Originally Posted by: earthquake Go to Quoted Post

I won't disagree that RB attempts decide games. But a high number of carries are important if you wanna control the clock the whole game. Remember the 49ers game and the 2nd half of the Colts game, where we didn't run it more than 10 times. The 9ers/Colts stomped us cause they kept us off the field. And if we got a 3 and out 1 or 2 times strictly passing the ball it can kill you and bite you in the ass. That's why if we get those number of carries our team will have better success. Just the fact we have faith running the ball that much is encouraging even thoe we don't put up the yards. At least Mike McCarthy has been consistant with that the last 3 games.
Offline Rockmolder  
#41 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 5:02:49 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Netherlands

Applause Given: 143
Applause Received: 216

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post

Thank you.

His lack of vision is just ridiculous. We used to complain about Grant running into piles, but this is even worse.

He has way more wiggle than Grant ever had and changes directions so much faster... He should be able to jump into a hole pretty easily... If he'd ever actually see it.

I'm not quite sure when it happened, but there was a cut back lane the size of a truck and he just doesn't see it. Next play... the a ga, where he was heading for at first, had a yard or three, at least, just for him to pick up... And he jumps into the b gap and gets stopped after a yard.

It's frustrating to see him play. So much potential, but he isn't going anywhere. It reminds me of Finley a bit... Without the ridiculous jawing.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#42 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:07:35 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
Thank you.

His lack of vision is just ridiculous. We used to complain about Grant running into piles, but this is even worse.

He has way more wiggle than Grant ever had and changes directions so much faster... He should be able to jump into a hole pretty easily... If he'd ever actually see it.

I'm not quite sure when it happened, but there was a cut back lane the size of a truck and he just doesn't see it. Next play... the a ga, where he was heading for at first, had a yard or three, at least, just for him to pick up... And he jumps into the b gap and gets stopped after a yard.

It's frustrating to see him play. So much potential, but he isn't going anywhere. It reminds me of Finley a bit... Without the ridiculous jawing.

He holds onto the football though. He's also good at screens.

Both make me happy.

He will bust a long one. I'm guessing within 2 weeks. Just needs more game time.

Think of it this way - Green is like a noob at asking out babes. The first few times, anyone else who happens to see what's going on will squirm with embarrassment for the guy. Just give him more carries and he'll get better at it.

By the end of the year, I'm predicting he'll play games where he gets 20 carries for 70 yards, which is plenty sufficient in my book.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline Porforis  
#43 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:10:34 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 167
Applause Received: 328

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post

In the same way that Rodgers was part of the problem with the passing game yesterday because he's part of the equation and didn't play at 100% of his potential. Yes, it's a team game and everyone holds some responsibility, but you could have Jesus at RB and it won't matter if the line stinks. Nobody's claiming Green is anything but an average RB, but focusing on the RB is pointless until the line becomes something other than absolutely pitiful.
UserPostedImage
Offline earthquake  
#44 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:35:16 AM(UTC)
earthquake

Applause Given: 78
Applause Received: 43

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
I won't disagree that RB attempts decide games. But a high number of carries are important if you wanna control the clock the whole game. Remember the 49ers game and the 2nd half of the Colts game, where we didn't run it more than 10 times. The 9ers/Colts stomped us cause they kept us off the field. And if we got a 3 and out 1 or 2 times strictly passing the ball it can kill you and bite you in the ass. That's why if we get those number of carries our team will have better success. Just the fact we have faith running the ball that much is encouraging even thoe we don't put up the yards. At least Mike McCarthy has been consistant with that the last 3 games.

Right but you need production as well, you need to get in solid down and distance situations to sustain drives. If you're running the ball every other down for 1-2 yards you're not going to keep the other team off the field, you're going to be punting a lot. So again, its not just carries. Carries alone doesn't tell you much, you need to look at situational carries and how effective the carries are. You can't just run the ball every play because "more attempts = wins".

Can you pick up 4 yards consistently on 1st/2nd down runs to get manageable 3rd down situations?
Can you convert 3rd/4th and 1/2 situations consistently?

I think these two are much more important to sustaining drives and playing ball control than simply the number of attempts. Often times attempts are low because you're not doing these two, which results in stalled drives and punting.

Again, did your team win because it had a lot of attempts, or did it have a lot of attempts because it won?
blank
Offline PackerTraxx  
#45 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:44:10 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

Seven starters out makes a difference. It would have been nice to have a blowout, but it's a decent win considering. If we would have had Greg or Jordy available it most likely would have been a much better game for us. I was hoping Boykins would show a little more. The running game is really painful to watch. Hopefully Neal and Worthy are OK.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?