You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<56789>»
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Porforis  
#91 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:42:14 PM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,733
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 167
Applause Received: 328

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
He could probably still run faster than Bubba Franks. Maybe. Think


Ah, ol' stonehands. Finley's gunning for that title too, but he doesn't have an awesome name like "Bubba".
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#92 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:02:51 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,514
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,105
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Ah, ol' stonehands. Finley's gunning for that title too, but he doesn't have an awesome name like "Bubba".


At this point, Bubba Franks had the ability to get more YAC than Finley does.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#93 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:02:11 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Finley won't be a Packer in 2013 unless he takes a pay cut. Uncle Ted Thompson likes to get his $$$ out of a player.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 10/28/2012(UTC), wpr on 10/29/2012(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#94 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:18:43 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 829
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

I can't defend this guy anymore he averages 2 catches and 1 drop a game and insult to injury.....he's playing injured
I feel bad for him. I really thought he could be something special after that 09' playoff game.. maybe he can be.. who knows.. i'm pulling for him either way.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/29/2012(UTC), wpr on 10/29/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#95 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:39:11 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
I can't defend this guy anymore he averages 2 catches and 1 drop a game and insult to injury.....he's playing injured
I feel bad for him. I really thought he could be something special after that 09' playoff game.. maybe he can be.. who knows.. i'm pulling for him either way.


Yeah, don't get me wrong. Anyone who wears a Packers uniform I'll be rooting for. I just don't see him being a Packer in 2013 unless he takes a pay cut.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/29/2012(UTC)
Offline RajiRoar  
#96 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 12:04:39 AM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 1,029
Joined: 9/30/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 185

I'll admit, that game in AZ may have blinded me with optimism and upside,

now, i'm done waiting, the season is halfway over and he hasn't done shit.

I wouldnt be upset at all if we cut his ass tomorrow because what little production he brings is easily replacated or even outdone by much cheaper and less annoying players.


MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline nerdmann  
#97 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 12:32:54 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,514
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,105
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
I'll admit, that game in AZ may have blinded me with optimism and upside,

now, i'm done waiting, the season is halfway over and he hasn't done shit.

I wouldnt be upset at all if we cut his ass tomorrow because what little production he brings is easily replacated or even outdone by much cheaper and less annoying players.


True that. DJ Williams showed today he can drop the ball just as ugly as Jmike. For a lot less money.

Finley just doesn't have it anymore. I don't know if it's due to the knee injury or if he just lost the fire inside.

He's on his way out imo.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Porforis  
#98 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:12:26 AM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,733
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 167
Applause Received: 328

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
At this point, Bubba Franks had the ability to get more YAC than Finley does.


Because the defenders were so shocked that he actually caught the ball that they stopped in awe for a second or two, giving Bubba a chance to run.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 10/29/2012(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#99 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:16:06 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,644
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 345

I guess since Bush insn't getting enough playing time and Hawk is playing good, somebody has to be the target of hate.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#100 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:28:03 AM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,733
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 167
Applause Received: 328

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
I guess since Bush insn't getting enough playing time and Hawk is playing good, somebody has to be the target of hate.


I've heard people complaining about the performance of just about everyone... The line as a whole, Rodgers, Crosby, Masthay, Finley, DJ Williams, Driver, you name it. I think we're all damned spoiled.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/29/2012(UTC), wpr on 10/29/2012(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#101 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:35:00 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,644
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 345

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
I've heard people complaining about the performance of just about everyone... The line as a whole, Rodgers, Crosby, Masthay, Finley, DJ Williams, Driver, you name it. I think we're all damned spoiled.


But when they are criticized, it has been justified. Finley has been sitting at 4 drops since what, week 3?
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline earthquake  
#102 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:40:04 AM(UTC)
earthquake

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 720
Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 78
Applause Received: 43

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
But when they are criticized, it has been justified. Finley has been sitting at 4 drops since what, week 3?


He's also has a measly 13 catches for 132 yards and 0 tds in the five games since week 3 as well, which is reason enough to be critical of him. Most of which have been games without Jennings so there should have been plenty of opportunities for him to put up some big numbers.
blank
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#103 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:54:51 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,644
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 345

Originally Posted by: earthquake Go to Quoted Post
He's also has a measly 13 catches for 132 yards and 0 tds in the five games since week 3 as well, which is reason enough to be critical of him. Most of which have been games without Jennings so there should have been plenty of opportunities for him to put up some big numbers.


Not having Jennnigs, does not give Finley more opportunities, it makes it possible for the defense to cover him tighter because of not having to worry about Jennings. Finley is going to get the same amount of snaps. Jennings out gives another WR more oppourtunity.

He can't throw the ball to himself.

I'll go back through the game later this week, and pay attention to Finley to see the coverage on him, and if he is just being overlooked, or if it is coverage or just not getting open more that is causing fewer targets. It could be that Rodgers has been told that he was trying to force it to Finley to much.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline doddpower  
#104 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 10:18:20 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,567
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,454
Applause Received: 343

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
I'll go back through the game later this week, and pay attention to Finley to see the coverage on him, and if he is just being overlooked, or if it is coverage or just not getting open more that is causing fewer targets.


Why wouldn't Rodgers overlook Finley? I wouldn't have a lot of faith in the guy to make a tough catch over the middle at this point. I would personally trust Jones and Cobb more. When a player fails to make many clutch plays, it's only natural for them to drop down the progression a little bit.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#105 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 10:36:55 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,644
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 345

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Why wouldn't Rodgers overlook Finley? I wouldn't have a lot of faith in the guy to make a tough catch over the middle at this point. I would personally trust Jones and Cobb more. When a player fails to make many clutch plays, it's only natural for them to drop down the progression a little bit.


Could it be, that Finley was having drops because he was getting targeted more, now that the targets have shifted, Cobb has as many drops as Finley.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
Guest
12 Pages«<56789>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.257 seconds.