Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#76 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 8:55:35 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 204
Applause Received: 439

I don't know.....it seems the Packers ALWAYS play down to their opponent's level. It almost cost them BIG yesterday.
20 runs don't mean much when you can't get more then 3 yards a pop. That won't get it done.
The Packers were lucky. The blocked punt bailed them out. The special teams have been great, (other then "Bing" missing fieldgoals by a mile).
I'd LOVE to see Green get some yards on his own, but he doesn't seem able to do that. And with no holes opened up by the O-line, he goes no where.

The Jags have a lousy D-line, yet the Packers couldn't open up any holes. That's unacceptable.

D wasn't bad, but not really great. Of course on both sides of the ball, injuries played a big part in my view.
My concern is, Rodgers getting whacked so much. If he goes down, the team is sunk.

And if Nelson isn't back for next week's game, we could be in big trouble.

All said though, the Pack hung on for the win, which in the end is what really matters.

Maybe it was better this way, as they have been shown that just "showing up" doesn't guarentee a win. Maybe if they had blown out the Jags they would have become big headed, and not prepared properly for the next game. I doubt that will be a problem now.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#77 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 5:41:36 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 458

My opinion on this game, HC Mike had a plan and was gonna stick with it hell or high water.

IMHO he wanted to get Alex Green going, would like to know just how many times Packers ran the ball straight up the gut on 1st down.

Gonna check, all I know 1st down runs were not successful, putting the team in 2nd and long almost every possesion.

As much as Jordy and Greg were missed, I think John Kuhn being out effected the offenses ability to execute the game plan more.

Defense played well, special teams came up with a big block.

At the end of the season this game will show up as a W. That's all that counts.

Time to move on, Cardinals up next, I'm betting Packers will show a completely different look on Sunday.

edit: Of the 29 1st down situations, Alex Green ran the ball 14 times.
Basically half of the time, not as one-sided as I first thought.

Still Green gained 5 yds on one occasion, 7 on another, the other 12 carries were for 3yds or less.

I'll go back to my original thought, Mike had a plan and he stuck with it.

Message modified by user Monday, October 29, 2012 6:17:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#78 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:34:43 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

You know what. I like sloppy games. And if we win those sloppy games it puts a bigger chip on your shoulder. I'd rather win and improve as a team rather than lose and have to improve as a team. It kinda puts our team in that mood where they have a hey we won, but could of played better mantality. I think we'll play better against the Cards because of this.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#79 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 6:29:00 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

Mike McCarthy wrote:
I concluded our team meeting – after being direct about the facts of the game, more importantly – (by saying), ‘Let’s quit walking around like we lost the damn game.’ We’re 5-3, whether you like it or not. We’re going to get better. That’s where we’re going.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#80 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:42:36 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

He makes it seem like the team has been walking around pouting
call me Dan
Offline Zero2Cool  
#81 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:06:56 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
He makes it seem like the team has been walking around pouting

From reports ... they were walking with their heads down, pissed off at their performance.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#82 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:13:57 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
From reports ... they were walking with their heads down, pissed off at their performance.

Well they should be pissed off by how poorly they played but they should not be moping around. Gotta keep that fire.
call me Dan
Offline Zero2Cool  
#83 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:16:25 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Madden

Packers 59
Jaguars 28

It wasn't that close. Threw for nearly 600 yards and 8 touchdowns. The Packer Seam play was virtually unstoppable.

UserPostedImage
Offline RajiRoar  
#84 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:28:40 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 256

just watched the highlights...

1. good thing i'm not Ted Thompson , because I would have walked onto the field and cut Hawk right there for that piss poor tackle.

2. Guy Whimper scored a TD on us.... are you fucking kidding me?? Was Bush supposed to be covering him, holy crap.

3. Davon House is awsome, Cannot wait to see more from him.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#85 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:06:10 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 458

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
just watched the highlights...

1. good thing i'm not Ted Thompson , because I would have walked onto the field and cut Hawk right there for that piss poor tackle.

2. Guy Whimper scored a TD on us.... are you fucking kidding me?? Was Bush supposed to be covering him, holy crap.

3. Davon House is awsome, Cannot wait to see more from him.

Good thing you aren't Ted Thompson, because you would have walked out there and made an ass out of yourself.

I love guys like you, you wait and wait and wait just for that one play by guys you have never liked and then you make sure everyone knows how you feel...AGAIN.

Hate to tell you this but A.J. Hawk and Jarret Bush are here to stay, why, because they are the best at what they do.

I think it was week 1 that A.J. Hawk took a bad angle on Frank Gore and he scored.
That's the last i've heard from you about A.J., why , because he's been pretty damn good this year,
Damn you must have been ready to explode just waiting for him to screw up again.

Funny I've seen CM3 get taken out of plays(he totally got taken out of contain last Sunday letting The Jags have a 25-30 yd run), screw up coverages, why haven't you called him out?

Keep it up, love posts like these. They are just to funny.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
thanks Post received 1 applause.
jdspacker4 on 11/3/2012(UTC)
Rss Feed