Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RajiRoar  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:19:23 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 218

I did not see the game (good thing?), but i saw somewhere that Mike Neal and Jerel Worthy were hurt in the game.

anybody got a good read on the status of our walking wounded?

Neal, Worthy, Nelson, Kuhn?

also, if any of them are to be IR'd, the Jets released Dan Muir who was pretty solid for us in the preseason. food for thought.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Sponsor
Offline gbguy20  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:01:11 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 280

Ya know, up until this week I was pretty confident that I knew what each injury was and how long to expect guys to be kept out.

Then Sam Shields missed 3 games for a f*cking "kick in the shin" and I threw in the towel.
call me Dan
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 10/30/2012(UTC)
Offline doddpower  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:16:20 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,774
Applause Received: 418

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Ya know, up until this week I was pretty confident that I knew what each injury was and how long to expect guys to be kept out.

Then Sam Shields missed 3 games for a f*cking "kick in the shin" and I threw in the towel.

I thought he now has an ankle injury, too. Are you aware if that was from the same incident, or did he injure his ankle in practice or something? I have no idea.

Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:31:34 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,306
Applause Received: 577

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
I thought he now has an ankle injury, too. Are you aware if that was from the same incident, or did he injure his ankle in practice or something? I have no idea.

The team won't tell us a damn thing about any of these injuries.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline zombieslayer  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:08:14 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Well RR, you got 3 replies of "we have no idea." Here's the 4th. Big Grin
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
wpr on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:11:06 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

I think the NFL realizes how poorly teams are releasing injury information.. and are prepared to start docking draft picks for it. Of course, until the enforce that, teams will continue with the norm they have established. The 20k fine levied on the Ravens is peanuts.

Vegas needs all the information they can get.. if that wasn't the case, we the fans won't get squat in terms of injury information.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:13:44 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I think the NFL realizes how poorly teams are releasing injury information.. and are prepared to start docking draft picks for it. Of course, until the enforce that, teams will continue with the norm they have established. The 20k fine levied on the Ravens is peanuts.

Vegas needs all the information they can get.. if that wasn't the case, we the fans won't get squat in terms of injury information.

Or we could go overboard like the Patriots and put everyone who has a stubbed toe or a boo boo on their pinky finger on the injury list.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
wpr on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:15:57 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,752
Applause Received: 1,322

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
The team won't tell us a damn thing about any of these injuries.

you do realize that most coaches (the smarts ones anyhow) are simply not going to tell you the full nature and severity of the players injuries are if there is even the slimmest of chance that they will be able to play that season? They want the opposing coaches to have to prepare to the possibility of the injured player returning for that game. It doesn't matter how much Goodell or gamblers or fans complain. They will only give token information in their reports.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:17:02 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Or we could go overboard like the Patriots and put everyone who has a stubbed toe or a boo boo on their pinky finger on the injury list.

Be prepared for the later..

Source...

Quote:
Now that the Ravens have been fined $20,000 by the NFL for not listing free safety Ed Reed on the injury report, coach John Harbaugh says the team will list every injury going forward to comply with the stated interpretation of the rulebook.

"We thought we were in compliance, we tried to follow the rules," Harbaugh said Monday during a conference call. "I'll list pretty much everybody now. Obviously, they corrected it and we'll do what they want us to do. I was surprised by it. It's something we felt like we were doing it the right way. Obviously, they disagreed and we'll adjust. There's not going to be anybody who's not going to be on there."

The NFL punished the Ravens on Friday following a review of practice and game video. An inquiry was launched after Reed complained of a torn labrum in his shoulder during a 105.7 The Fan radio program. He later downplayed the severity of the injury by saying, "I ain't drop no bombshell, man."

However, a league spokesman told The Baltimore Sun that Reed should have been listed on the injury report even though he missed no games and was a full participant in practice.

The NFL had previously fined the Buffalo Bills and the Washington Redskins $20,000 apiece for injury report violations involving defensive end Mario Williams and quarterback Robert Griffin III. And the league office has said that it will increase fines for repeat violators.

According to the NFL rulebook on reporting injuries, "All players with significant or noteworthy injuries must be listed on the report, even if the player takes all the reps in practice, and even if the team is certain that he will play in the upcoming game. This is especially true of key players and those players whose injuries have been covered extensively by the media."
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:23:38 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Reference to the Draft Pick Penalty.

Quote:
Posted by Mike Florio on October 28, 2012, 7:04 PM EDT

Getty Images
With thee teams being fined $20,000 each in recent weeks for failing to disclose injuries in compliance with league rules, the penalty for the first offense isn’t much more than, given the value of NFL franchises, a parking ticket.

If teams become repeat offenders, however, the price will go up.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells PFT that, if the Bills (as to defensive end Mario Williams), Redskins (as to quarterback Robert Griffin III), or Ravens (as to safety Ed Reed) commit further violations, the fines will increase. Aiello also didn’t rule out the possibility of draft picks being stripped.

Aiello called it “unlikely,” but “multiple offenses of a very serious nature” could result in a team losing draft picks.

In the end, only the threat of lost draft picks will prompt teams to completely comply with the rules. Fines will be viewed simply as a cost of doing business the way the teams want to do business — especially when the January 2012 comments from former Saints defensive coordinator Greg Williams make clear the fact that teams will target injured players for further injury.

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:36:24 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post

as far as i know he didn't practiced between the time he was listed with "kick in the shin" to the time he was listed with "ankle" so he must have fell down the stairs or something
call me Dan
Offline doddpower  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:21:37 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,774
Applause Received: 418

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
as far as i know he didn't practiced between the time he was listed with "kick in the shin" to the time he was listed with "ankle" so he must have fell down the stairs or something

Yeah, I didn't quite think so either, but I don't follow the players daily practice activities that closely. I just thought it would be odd to go from a "kick to the shin" to "ankle" without something else happening. One truly never knows with the Packers, though.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:42:53 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

I guess I don't understand the whining over Sam Shields injury description. Perhaps the kick was actually more of a stomp-like step and caused an ankle sprain or something? Shields biggest asset is his speed and if he's not at 100% (or as close as an NFL player can be at this time of year) its better to keep guys like Casey Hayward and Davon House in the lineup while he rests.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
wpr on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:55:47 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I guess I don't understand the whining over Sam Shields injury description. Perhaps the kick was actually more of a stomp-like step and caused an ankle sprain or something? Shields biggest asset is his speed and if he's not at 100% (or as close as an NFL player can be at this time of year) its better to keep guys like Casey Hayward and Davon House in the lineup while he rests.

I think the on top of that "get him right" approach, is that the Packers have had a schedule of teams that allow us to "break in" the rookies with live game action and still survive. Why not allow him to get right.. especially with Woodson's injury and no guarantee of a time frame of when he will be back.

2010 taught us and the league.. you better be deep if you want to go all the way. Giants last year were playing patch work in their secondary again.

Game action is, IMO, the quickest way to get a player ready, beyond the QB spot. Those candy assed fragile egos need to be protected, otherwise the chip they carry will turn to a turd.

UserPostedImage
wpr on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Offline gbguy20  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 11:21:43 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause

#Packers injury report: Driver limited; Finley limited; Jennings out; Kuhn DNP; Lang limited; Neal DNP; Nelson DNP; Perry DNP; Raji limited.

SHIELDS
call me Dan
Rss Feed