Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline play2win  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:07:04 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

I've been thinking about our injuries at WR, and noticed Gurley was signed to SD's PS last week. Maybe we should raid that sucker and bring him back just for insurance purposes. Jennings coming back is no sure thing. What if Jordy's hammy flares? I know I would feel a lot better having that kid back in the Green & Gold. What do you guys think?
Sponsor
Offline RajiRoar  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:22:01 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 222

Let's go T.O.!

Sarcasm

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:22:46 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 273
Applause Received: 388

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
I've been thinking about our injuries at WR, and noticed Gurley was signed to SD's PS last week. Maybe we should raid that sucker and bring him back just for insurance purposes. Jennings coming back is no sure thing. What if Jordy's hammy flares? I know I would feel a lot better having that kid back in the Green & Gold. What do you guys think?

Not sure, but I think for The Packers to sign him from SD's PS, he must be put on The 53 man roster.

Who is there to drop?

Now if one of the wr's goes on IR, Gurley would probably be the best option to be able to step in.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
zombieslayer on 11/1/2012(UTC), Pack93z on 11/1/2012(UTC)
Offline beast  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:25:28 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 184
Applause Received: 270

I think Gurley was cut by Packers, Vikings, Raiders and Buccaneers all with in a 3 month time span for a reason.... I don't have a clue what they reason is... but most guys don't seem to be cut that fast...

Also which player would you suggest cutting to put Gurley on the 53 man roster?

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:32:45 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 174

Only way we're getting another WR is if any of the other 4 get hurt.. We didn't keep 6 WRs and 4 TEs for nothin'.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:57:23 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 273
Applause Received: 388

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
I think Gurley was cut by Packers, Vikings, Raiders and Buccaneers all with in a 3 month time span for a reason.... I don't have a clue what they reason is... but most guys don't seem to be cut that fast...

Also which player would you suggest cutting to put Gurley on the 53 man roster?

Lot of time these PS cuts are made because a need for another position comes up due to injury or such.

You can look at it the other way, Gurley has shown promise and teams have signed him knowing if needed he would be able to help out.

I believe Tori Gurley will get his chance with an NFL team, and hope he makes the best of it.

Right now The Packers just don't have room for him, maybe if he is released from SD Ted might bring him back.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline beast  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:19:57 PM(UTC)
beast

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Lot of time these PS cuts are made because a need for another position comes up due to injury or such.

True that does happen sometimes.... but what's even more true is,

Most of time if they think a player is worth keeping around, they keep the player around.

UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Online wpr  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:04:12 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,842
Applause Received: 1,370

good idea but with none of the WR on the IR they don't need him. even if they do sign him he would most likely be on the bottom of the depth chart and they wouldn't have him on the field much.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline zombieslayer  
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:12:16 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Not sure, but I think for The Packers to sign him from SD's PS, he must be put on The 53 man roster.

Who is there to drop?

Now if one of the wr's goes on IR, Gurley would probably be the best option to be able to step in.

My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Yerko  
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:24:53 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 141
Applause Received: 234

Its fishy to me that the guy was cut from 4 teams in a very short period of time. I think with the WR the Packers have, they should be able to use the "next man up". With a quarterback like Rodgers, he can make any receiver we have on our roster look better than they truly are. When I say that, I am referring to bottom players such as Boykin or any other WR that we would take up from the PS.

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 10:54:35 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Yeah, the question of who to cut is the kicker. Thing is, I'm not entirely confident that we have enough for Rodgers with both Jordy and Jennings out so much. Gurley has been in the system and he provides some pretty great intangibles with his size and STs play. I might get him in while the getting is good.

Would you rather have Johhny White on the roster at RB backing up Green and Starks, or Tori Gurly on the roster backing up Jones, Cobb, Driver and Boykin? I'm in favor of the latter, especially with DuJuan Harris at RB on the PS.
Offline beast  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 11:14:11 AM(UTC)
beast

Would you rather have Johhny White on the roster at RB backing up Green and Starks, or Tori Gurly on the roster backing up Jones, Cobb, Driver and Boykin? I'm in favor of the latter, especially with DuJuan Harris at RB on the PS.

Johnny White isn't on the roster to play RB... he's on the roster to play STs.

The real question is which is a better STer for the Packers ST needs. Also why didn't Gurley sign on to the Packers practice squad? Did Gurley not want to sign with the Packers again, or did the Packers want 7 WRs over Gurley? (the 6 that were kept on the active roster and Borel who did sign to the practice squad).

Also why are the other teams cutting him so fast if he's so good? 4 cuts in less than 3 months... potential is getting him in the door... but what's kicking him out of it? And while yes some PS get cut because of injuries at other position it didn't happen once... he got cut 4 times in 3 months... not to say there isn't potential there... clearly there is. But teams are passing on it for one reason or another, other than the team that just got him...

article wrote:
"He can be a contributor because he's very bright," coordinator Shawn Slocum said. "He played gunner in Buffalo. He also has played fullback, wing and covered kickoffs inside and outside. He's been on punt returns. He's a kickoff returner. Done it all."

White (5-10, 210) scored 24 on the Wonderlic intelligence test and ran the 40 in 4.53 seconds. He played wide receiver and cornerback in college before switching to running back in late 2008.

and

article wrote:
Slocum said linebacker Brad Jones would return to his left guard spot on the punt team. Because of injury, Jones moved to wing on the punt that was blocked by the Texans because of mistakes made by backup left guard Tom Crabtree and left tackle Rob Francois.

White could take some of Jones' load on special teams because Jones might have to play the entire game on defense in the wake of D.J. Smith's season-ending knee injury.

UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Online wpr  
#13 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 11:49:32 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
Johnny White isn't on the roster to play RB... he's on the roster to play STs.

The real question is which is a better STer for the Packers ST needs. Also why didn't Gurley sign on to the Packers practice squad? Did Gurley not want to sign with the Packers again, or did the Packers want 7 WRs over Gurley? (the 6 that were kept on the active roster and Borel who did sign to the practice squad).

Also why are the other teams cutting him so fast if he's so good? 4 cuts in less than 3 months... potential is getting him in the door... but what's kicking him out of it? And while yes some PS get cut because of injuries at other position it didn't happen once... he got cut 4 times in 3 months... not to say there isn't potential there... clearly there is. But teams are passing on it for one reason or another, other than the team that just got him...

and

I can understand why Tori would want to sign some place else. IF it was his decision and not the Packers. He tried to make the roster twice and could not do it. Why not look at another team where they are not as deep at the WR position. Also it helps to broaden him out if he learns a few things from another WR coach.

UserPostedImage

Offline doddpower  
#14 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 9:50:43 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,859
Applause Received: 430

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I can understand why Tori would want to sign some place else. IF it was his decision and not the Packers. He tried to make the roster twice and could not do it. Why not look at another team where they are not as deep at the WR position. Also it helps to broaden him out if he learns a few things from another WR coach.

Didn't he go to the Vikings practice squad or something at some point? If I was a WR on the bubble of the Packers practice squad, I would likely want to go somewhere else where I would have a greater chance of making the team, as well. Definitely can't blame him there.

I was high on him awhile back, but he showed me very little this preseason. I honestly think he's a slightly less talented Ruvell Martin. I wouldn't expect to see him back around the Packers roster unless a WR or two hits injured reserve.
Online wpr  
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 4:56:09 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Didn't he go to the Vikings practice squad or something at some point? If I was a WR on the bubble of the Packers practice squad, I would likely want to go somewhere else where I would have a greater chance of making the team, as well. Definitely can't blame him there.

I was high on him awhile back, but he showed me very little this preseason. I honestly think he's a slightly less talented Ruvell Martin. I wouldn't expect to see him back around the Packers roster unless a WR or two hits injured reserve.

yep. and if he can't make the viking team something is wrong.
wiki:
Career history

Green Bay Packers (2011-2012)*
Minnesota Vikings (2012)*
Oakland Raiders (2012*
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2012)*
San Diego Chargers (2012-present)*

*Offseason and/or practice squad member only

UserPostedImage

Rss Feed