You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Formo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:07:22 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Sponsor
Offline Porforis  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:08:08 AM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,733
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 167
Applause Received: 328

I heard Jar-Jar's going to be a Jedi.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:54:07 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

This is actually a good thing. Geez I wish I never sold my Disney stock. I should have repurchased it when what's his name was fired (that God awful CEO from the 90s).

Lucas is 68. Hope the big guy lives to see SW9. Another good thing is Lucas will tell the story and someone else will write it up and someone else will direct it. Play to your strengths. Lucas is a hell of a storyteller but a lousy director and awful with dialog. "Anakin, you're breaking my heart."

Disney has the $$$ to make 7,8,9 and make them well. PotC alone can pay for those films.

Now if only they can get Alfonso Cuaron to direct one of them... Pray
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline gbguy20  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:42:35 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,162
Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 247

Disney can ruin anything
call me Dan
Offline zombieslayer  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:41:38 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Disney can ruin anything


The first PotC was awesome and the Avengers was pretty good. So yes, they can ruin anything. But they can also put out good stuff.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Pack93z  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:57:47 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

U.S. Minor Islands
Posts: 12,600
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 932

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
The first PotC was awesome and the Avengers was pretty good. So yes, they can ruin anything. But they can also put out good stuff.


I thought the first three were good.. they were stretching on the reboot of the roles with the 4th.

I expected more out of the Avengers.. but we shall see where they take that. No doubt the effects were spectacular with that film.. just lagged a bit with the drama in the story line.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:06:35 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,739
Applause Received: 1,790

Being a huge Batman fan, I liked Dark Knight Rises more than Avengers, although I think Avengers was a better 'movie'. Probably doesn't make sense, but I get it. Yes, I know it wasn't a Disney movie. I'm huge fan of Pirates of the Caribbean too, although the last one which I seen in 3D with my sister (first time we met in 19 years) lacked the humor and story of the previous three. I think a few characters were missing that bummed me out.

No publication of any kind strikes Gold with every feature published so get over the whole "Disney can ruin" this or that because you don't look culture, you look inept.


I didn't watch any of the Star Wars movies until 2010/11 when I watched them all over the weekend.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Formo  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 11:20:22 AM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Disney can ruin anything


?!?? How, exactly? Pixar, PotC, Narnia, Marvel Studios... ???

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
The first PotC was awesome and the Avengers was pretty good. So yes, they can ruin anything. But they can also put out good stuff.


Don't forget Narnia. =)

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I thought the first three were good.. they were stretching on the reboot of the roles with the 4th.

I expected more out of the Avengers.. but we shall see where they take that. No doubt the effects were spectacular with that film.. just lagged a bit with the drama in the story line.


Avengers can't do much with drama when you put all those heroes/characters in one 2.5 hour film. That's why they did the individual movies prior to the 'big one'. The Avengers was more about how they learned to go from doing their thing alone to working as a cohesive unit. And beating the Chitauri and Loki. I'm hoping the next Avengers has a bit more drama/plot and a bit less action myself, but who knows. I still loved 'em.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Being a huge Batman fan, I liked Dark Knight Rises more than Avengers, although I think Avengers was a better 'movie'. Probably doesn't make sense, but I get it. Yes, I know it wasn't a Disney movie. I'm huge fan of Pirates of the Caribbean too, although the last one which I seen in 3D with my sister (first time we met in 19 years) lacked the humor and story of the previous three. I think a few characters were missing that bummed me out.

No publication of any kind strikes Gold with every feature published so get over the whole "Disney can ruin" this or that because you don't look culture, you look inept.


I didn't watch any of the Star Wars movies until 2010/11 when I watched them all over the weekend.


I understand. I've always been more Marvel anyway, but I can see how someone would like a certain film because of their 'bias' towards a certain favorite character.. I know the Superman Returns movie sucked.. but I loved it because it had Supes.

And I couldn't agree with you more on the bolded.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Wade  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:26:44 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,649
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 560
Applause Received: 586

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
This is actually a good thing. Geez I wish I never sold my Disney stock. I should have repurchased it when what's his name was fired (that God awful CEO from the 90s).


Michael Eisner?

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
zombieslayer on 11/1/2012(UTC)
Online wpr  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:08:32 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,866
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,403
Applause Received: 1,191

In the past 30 years there have been Disney flicks that I was more than a little disappointed with. I won't say they ruined them. just expected a little more.

As far as the Pirates, I liked the first one but they kept slipping after that. I don't like "unfinished" movies and it seems like all the rest of them were.

I am glad Lucas will write the stories that will surely help.

I did like the Avengers series. Just re-watched them on Netflix a few weeks ago.

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Wade  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:27:04 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,649
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 560
Applause Received: 586

Disney's a megacorp. Ergo they suck.

Then again, so is Lucasfilm.

I'll never forget the first star wars film and the first raiders film -- both in old fashioned huge-screen theaters with fantastic sound systems.

But I have to say that the Star War franchise hasn't weathered the passage of time particularly well. And it isn't all JarJar's fault.

It's probably because the story, even for an addict to space opera like me, is pretty cartoonish and schlocky. And now that Star War's tech whizbang stuff is old hat, far outdone by later-comers, well, it's like a bad b-movie from the fifties.

Another decade and it'll be relegated to shows like Mystery Science Theater 3000.
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline Formo  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:27:42 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
In the past 30 years there have been Disney flicks that I was more than a little disappointed with. I won't say they ruined them. just expected a little more.

As far as the Pirates, I liked the first one but they kept slipping after that. I don't like "unfinished" movies and it seems like all the rest of them were.

I am glad Lucas will write the stories that will surely help.

I did like the Avengers series. Just re-watched them on Netflix a few weeks ago.



Lucas won't write.. he'll be the creative consultant. There's a HUGE difference. If he's still writing the new movies, then expect crap.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Online wpr  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:56:11 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,866
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,403
Applause Received: 1,191

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Lucas won't write.. he'll be the creative consultant. There's a HUGE difference. If he's still writing the new movies, then expect crap.


I thought he wrote the story lines for the first 6. Not the script. just the story line.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 11:29:41 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,739
Applause Received: 1,790

George Lucas wrote:
For 41 years, the majority of my time and money has been put into the company. As I start a new chapter in my life, it is gratifying that I have the opportunity to devote more time and resources to philanthropy.


Nearly $4 billion for charity.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline zombieslayer  
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 11:48:58 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Michael Eisner?



Thanks Wade. Brain fart.

I was one of the people trying to get him fired. I'm a Disneyphile and Eisner had good years in the beginning, then started taking that company down. If Walt Disney saw the early renditions of California Adventure, he would have stabbed Eisner in the face repeatedly.

The first Pirates is one of the most magical films I saw in a long time. Freaking LOVED that movie.

Avengers wasn't bad (Avengers was a Disney produced movie for those who didn't know). Myself, I'm burned out on comic book flicks (sorry Formo, my wife's the comic book geek, I'm not) and I wasn't looking forward to it but she dragged me to the film and I loved it. I thought the Hulk stole the show. He had some scenes where I was practically rolling out of my chair laughing so hard.

And how could I forget Narnia? The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was fantastic. The others didn't do as well for me, but the Lion was splendid.

So yeah, Disney puts out duds but also puts out some pretty freaking good stuff. Pixar was glad to be bought by Disney because Disney took over the distribution and let Pixar do what Pixar did best - put out enjoyable films.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Wade on 11/2/2012(UTC)
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.275 seconds.