You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:00:15 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 936

I wonder if they are pondering some changes over the bye week? And if there is a concern, health wise, along the defensive line. Rotation seems pretty good this season in terms of Dline.. or this is just a protection type look.

Quote:
Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn

Two months after cutting him, #Packers had DE Jarius Wynn in for tryout Wed. He was cut 8-27 after very ordinary T-camp. Many t'outs since.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:36:34 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Neal comes back to practice.. maybe a slight message to Neal?

Quote:
tom silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein

#Packers practice: Only change: DE Mike Neal returns. Nelson, Kuhn, Worthy, Shields, Perry not practicing.

UserPostedImage
Offline Rios39  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 11:58:00 AM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

We need as many DE back as we can get. I dunno about Worthy coming back but Neal will help. Our pass rush was pretty bad last game when they were both out.
blank
Offline beast  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 12:39:49 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 211

Raji and Neal are limited, Worthy is still out (last I heard), they need another practice body, Wynn knows the systems and they still have an open spot from putting LB Smith on the IR.

So my guess... maybe sign Wynn let him practice, and he might even play depending on the health of the other guys, then they make more moves before the bye... as Zombo and Quarless have to go on active roster or IR list or be released.

So they might sign Wynn for a week and then let him go for Zombo or Quarless and hope the DL gets healthy over the bye week.
America's team... of the people, by the people, for the people
UserPostedImage
~ made by pack93z
Offline nerdmann  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 12:45:38 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

Wynn's a prototypical 4-3 DE, which isn't too great of a fit for what Dom has going on here.

They might have just wanted to see what shape he's in. Merling's still out there too, no?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline RajiRoar  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 5:52:59 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 189

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Wynn's a prototypical 4-3 DE

one of many hair-pulling "WTFs" about the D last year. No matter how badly he played, not that he was the only one, but there MUST have been a free agent out there who fit the scheme.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline nerdmann  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:46:36 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
one of many hair-pulling "WTFs" about the D last year. No matter how badly he played, not that he was the only one, but there MUST have been a free agent out there who fit the scheme.

Maybe they were trying him out at OLB.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 11:16:14 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 850
Applause Received: 550

Good to know. Thanks for the info. I really thought he would bring more to this season's table as well as last year's. Maybe with him getting bounced out he'll learn to appreciate being able to be on the field, giving his all, his true ALL, should he be signed. I would love for this team to add more DL depth.
Offline beast  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 11:42:15 AM(UTC)
beast

Maybe they were trying him out at OLB.

I wanted them to do that last year with Wynn (and Jason Hunter a couple years ago). They're not 3-4 DEs. Also last year Walden was VERY weak at the point of attack, he's gotten some what better at that but I think he still struggles with it some. I thought Wynn would do better on that front, probably worse on the coverage front, but hopefully that might even out, and Wynn pass rushing might of gotten better starting with run to run and get some speed. Also there was a rumor they were thinking about trying it with Neal at one point.
UserPostedImage
~ made by pack93z
Offline nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 12:59:07 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
I wanted them to do that last year with Wynn (and Jason Hunter a couple years ago). They're not 3-4 DEs. Also last year Walden was VERY weak at the point of attack, he's gotten some what better at that but I think he still struggles with it some. I thought Wynn would do better on that front, probably worse on the coverage front, but hopefully that might even out, and Wynn pass rushing might of gotten better starting with run to run and get some speed. Also there was a rumor they were thinking about trying it with Neal at one point.

Probly wouldn't be much worse than Zombo. LOL
Offline PackerTraxx  
#11 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 10:15:32 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post

It was only practice, but wasn't Hunter looking good as a linebacker until his career ending injury/condition?
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline beast  
#12 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 10:37:22 AM(UTC)
beast

Probly wouldn't be much worse than Zombo. LOL

Zombo isn't bad... he just hasn't been able to stay healthy. Zombo doesn't have the speed or quickness moves, but he's been able to bull rush and push the OT back, physical in the run game and wasn't too bad in coverage.

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx Go to Quoted Post
It was only practice, but wasn't Hunter looking good as a linebacker until his career ending injury/condition?

I think you're thinking about Jeremy Thompson. Thompson and Jason Hunter had the same problem nether were physical enough... but Thompson got moved to 3-4 OLB when they switched to the 3-4. Hunter knew he wasn't physical enough and decided to gain weight for the next season, before knowing they were going to the 3-4.... and because of his added weight got put at 3-4 DE which was a very bad spot for him. He would of made a good 3-4 OLB and later on did, after losing the weight with the Lions, he went on to play a season in the Broncos 3-4 D and did decent... but then they switched back to the 4-3 the next season.

UserPostedImage
~ made by pack93z
Offline PackerTraxx  
#13 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 11:18:09 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I was thinking of Thompson. Thank you.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline Pack93z  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:02:39 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

To sum up this thread.. Wynn signs with the Titans. Good Luck Jarius.

UserPostedImage