You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 12:21:32 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 351
Applause Received: 932

My question is this.. if this happened a couple weeks ago.. why would they discuss it now with hopes that now it would come into play?

The last couple games apparently were moot in terms of it having an effect.

Quote:
Finley hopes meeting with McCarthy pays off

A few weeks ago, Packers tight end Jermichael Finley got pulled out of a meeting and was told to report to coach Mike McCarthy’s office on the third floor of Lambeau Field.

Finley feared he was in trouble.

“Because when I go up there, it ain’t good,” Finley said.

Not this time.

Finley was struggling, and McCarthy wanted him to see something. So he cued up a highlight tape that was entitled “Finley … The Beast.” It contained mostly plays from the 2009 NFC wild-card playoff game at Arizona, where Finley caught six passes for a career-high 159 yards.

“It was a good video for him to see on a number of different levels — confidence and just techniques things in there that him and I talked through,” McCarthy said today. “That was clearly one of the most dominant performances I’ve ever been a part of by a tight end in that game.”

More...
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Porforis  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 12:27:32 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 167
Applause Received: 328

Hey, I don't care what it takes. The kid has obviously got loads of talent and while some of his mechanics have gotten worse, they can always get better again. He says his shoulder is back to 100%, especially if Nelson isn't at 100% we could really use the old Finley back this week. Reach out and pluck it, catch it in the gut, do a backflip and catch it in your mouth, I don't care... Get open and catch the ball, I'll love ya!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 11/2/2012(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 12:56:20 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,105
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Hey, I don't care what it takes. The kid has obviously got loads of talent and while some of his mechanics have gotten worse, they can always get better again. He says his shoulder is back to 100%, especially if Nelson isn't at 100% we could really use the old Finley back this week. Reach out and pluck it, catch it in the gut, do a backflip and catch it in your mouth, I don't care... Get open and catch the ball, I'll love ya!

He HAD loads of talent before the knee injury.

Unknown as to whether or not he still does, because if he does, he's not showing it.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Rios39  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 1:16:27 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Well he's been injured the last few weeks. Last year he showed glimpses, not much this year though.

Funny quotes like this are never mentioned by Finley.

“If I was the quarterback, I wouldn’t throw it to the guy who’s off rhythm right now, either,” Finley said. “So I’ve got to get that trust back.”
blank
Offline beast  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 5:22:22 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 211

I noticed something in the Jags game, Finley was one on one with a LB, killed the LB on a route he ran, turned his head which slowed his speed down to less than half speed... Rodgers threw the ball ahead of Finley... LB caught up with him and Finley didn't catch it... the LB was there making a dive at it... but really it was a drop.

I couldn't figure out why in the heck Finley slowed down... it wasn't the pass... but he's slowing down A LOT now when ever he looks back. He didn't used to... he used to be able to run full speed while looking back just like some of the WRs. I don't know what's changed or why it's changed, but it has...
America's team... of the people, by the people, for the people
UserPostedImage
~ made by pack93z
nerdmann on 11/2/2012(UTC)
Offline Rios39  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 6:46:37 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
I noticed something in the Jags game, Finley was one on one with a LB, killed the LB on a route he ran, turned his head which slowed his speed down to less than half speed... Rodgers threw the ball ahead of Finley... LB caught up with him and Finley didn't catch it... the LB was there making a dive at it... but really it was a drop.

I couldn't figure out why in the heck Finley slowed down... it wasn't the pass... but he's slowing down A LOT now when ever he looks back. He didn't used to... he used to be able to run full speed while looking back just like some of the WRs. I don't know what's changed or why it's changed, but it has...

That sounds like bad rhythm with the QB. Unsure of where and when the ball is gonna be coming out
blank
Offline wpr  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 8:03:31 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,393
Applause Received: 1,187

I am so ready to Fin to have a breakout game. It would be good for him and the team to see Finley the Beast once again.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Pack93z on 11/3/2012(UTC)
Offline gbguy20  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 9:59:15 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 247

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post

Could also be a result of that shoulder injury. Might limit his twisting mobility and the extra effort to do so may result in a slow down.
call me Dan
Offline doddpower  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 10:15:02 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Applause Given: 1,450
Applause Received: 337

I just re-watched the Finley highlights from the 2009 playoff game against the Cardinals. I've been very hard and down on Finley lately, but I must say: WOW! What an amazing dominant performance he had that night. I almost forgot what the guy is (was?) capable of. He was either running wide open or was completely covered up yet still caught the passes.

How I wish we could see that talent consistently in Finley. Unfortunately, I'm not sure we ever will again though, at least not at that level. And especially with any consistency. He may be able to get close to that level again, but it might require a change of scenery and a fresh start.
Offline gbguy20  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 10:36:37 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 247

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
I just re-watched the Finley highlights from the 2009 playoff game against the Cardinals. I've been very hard and down on Finley lately, but I must say: WOW! What an amazing dominant performance he had that night. I almost forgot what the guy is (was?) capable of. He was either running wide open or was completely covered up yet still caught the passes.

How I wish we could see that talent consistently in Finley. Unfortunately, I'm not sure we ever will again though, at least not at that level. And especially with any consistency. He may be able to get close to that level again, but it might require a change of scenery and a fresh start.

How do you not post up a link
call me Dan
wpr on 11/3/2012(UTC)
Offline doddpower  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 11:26:59 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Applause Given: 1,450
Applause Received: 337

Here's the link. Not exactly sure how to embed the video at this moment. I'm sure there is a higher quality video somewhere, but I haven't found it yet. The playoff game is at the end of the video, naturally.

Finley 2009 Highlights
gbguy20 on 11/2/2012(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#12 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 6:10:35 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 351
Applause Received: 932

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Here's the link. Not exactly sure how to embed the video at this moment. I'm sure there is a higher quality video somewhere, but I haven't found it yet. The playoff game is at the end of the video, naturally.

Finley 2009 Highlights

Look in the [BB/] box.. first choice in there is the youtube tags.. insert youtube url. That should do it.

Then check mail..

The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#13 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 6:34:20 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,393
Applause Received: 1,187

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Look in the [BB/] box.. first choice in there is the youtube tags.. insert youtube url. That should do it.

Then check mail..

bb link for you tube stopped working for me a couple of weeks ago.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 7:03:48 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,784

Anyone notice the bottom right corner of that video?

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline PackerTraxx  
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 8:27:48 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I'm glad to see the positive communication between McCarthy and Finley...hope it helps. That's something I could never understand with Sherman, it seemed he didn't want to talk to players - see McKenzie and Walker. As stated, a breakout game for Finley this weekend would be huge.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?