Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:07:21 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,143
Applause Received: 1,515

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
FYI, The Jones listed is Brad Jones not James.

James just got extened.
7/31/2011: Signed a three-year, $9.4 million contract. The deal included a $1.5 million signing bonus and first-year roster bonus of $950,000. Another $200,000 is available through incentives. 2012: $2.3 million (+ $200,000 roster bonus), 2013: $2.95 million (+ $200,000 roster bonus), 2014: Free Agent

Sitton's contract is to new for renegotiation to help much. Not going to drop his cap number much we still have his pro-rated SB, at most maybe 1 million or 2 savings. Sitton has a very cap friendly structure. Williams might save a little more, but still maybe 2-3 million. I personally don't like restructuring these contracts because it only pushes the hit down the road, except for Woodson, because it would be moving money down the road that he would never receive.

Sorry. d'oh! I was on the phone and didn't think it all the way through. I was reading from the bottom of the list up and defense came before offense. LB before WR. Wade should take my applause point away for doing a poor job.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Wade on 11/2/2012(UTC)
Offline Wade  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 10:05:54 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 683
Applause Received: 715

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Sorry. d'oh! I was on the phone and didn't think it all the way through. I was reading from the bottom of the list up and defense came before offense. LB before WR. Wade should take my applause point away for doing a poor job.

Nah. You should have some extra applause points just because you have given over 1000 of them yourself.

Big Grin

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline doddpower  
#13 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 10:04:05 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,087
Applause Received: 528

At this point, Raji needs to stay. Pickett is solid against the run, but it doesn't look like any of the other DT's are capable of getting much pressure on the inside. Raji is at least average at that with the potential to be good, and a team can win with an average push up the middle. If anything, his recent average performance should make him more affordable. Losing Raji and Pickett continuing to age and perhaps decline soon is a really bad idea. I understand the numbers simply may not work out, but Ted should be able to figure it out, somehow. I trust Ted's ability to find receiving talent much more than I do defensive line talent, if it were to come down to that.

I still think Raji can be a very effective DT/NT, but he really needs a dynamic player beside of him. Hopefully someone currently on the roster will eventually fill that role, be it Neal, Worthy, Daniels, Wilson, et. al. Most of those players have shown glimpses of having that ability, but seem to disappear more often than not. Hopefully they will progress.

Finding a large athletic man such as Raji is extremely difficult. I don't think it's time to move on from him yet, I just think it's time to find a good to really good talent to play beside him at DE in base and in the middle in sub-package's. The synergy of Raji + another really good big man would result in exponential results on the field, imo. In terms of pass rushing defensive linemen currently, it's mostly just Raji and 'a bunch of guys', as far as I'm concerned. I still really like Neal, and think he could be that guy, but I'm starting to doubt that. Obviously Worthy is just getting started, but beyond a few plays, I haven't been impressed, so far. I like Daniels a lot, as well, but he has yet to really shown anything. They are both players that aren't prototypical 3-4 DT's, but specialize in penetrating while rushing the passer. That's exactly what that Packer's need most currently.
Offline PackerTraxx  
#14 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 10:03:11 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I too believe Raji would be missed. He hasn't been what he was our SB year but there would be a drop,off with out him. As long as player/agents don't over value themselves the only ones I see deserving a big pay increase are Rodgers and Matthews. Woodson should actually take a big pay decrease, but I don't see that happening. I think he'll want to be paid for years past, even though that isn't the way it works. Driver will be gone. So there are some spots to get some relief.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Rss Feed