You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 3:50:43 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 829
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

I thought from what I saw, TJ played well at Tackle. Better than expected...
Do you think he's better suited for tackle than guard?

Also, shout out to Evan Dietrich Smith. He's a great backup for us.
Sponsor
Offline Rios39  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 4:01:18 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 592
Joined: 8/9/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

He allowed one sacks to rodgers but looked solid for sure. We didn't drop back as much as usual though.
blank
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 4:10:03 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,532
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

It was a toss up where to play him, but neither Bulaga or Newhouse are capable of moving inside.

Lang has short arms.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline gbguy20  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 4:38:40 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,162
Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 247

fuckin guy and his midget arms

cannot play with em

cannot win with em

cannot coach with em

can't do it
call me Dan
thanks Post received 1 applause.
beast on 11/4/2012(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 4:51:54 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 829
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
fuckin guy and his midget arms

cannot play with em

cannot win with em

cannot coach with em

can't do it


UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 4:57:53 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
I thought from what I saw, TJ played well at Tackle. Better than expected...
Do you think he's better suited for tackle than guard?

Also, shout out to Evan Dietrich Smith. He's a great backup for us.


EDS seemed to hold up pretty well. Someone who has good run analysis can do a recap better than I could, but it seemed to me that EDS had some good run blocking today.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline beast  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 5:35:36 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,518
Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 211

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
fuckin guy and his midget arms

cannot play with em

cannot win with em

cannot coach with em

can't do it


Rolling On The Floor Laughing Normal things don't make me laugh out loud... that one got me to ThumpUp

America's team... of the people, by the people, for the people
UserPostedImage
~ made by pack93z
Offline doddpower  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 5:42:42 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,582
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,469
Applause Received: 353

Apparently Bulaga has "short arms," too.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 11/4/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 5:50:47 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,743
Applause Received: 1,792

The sack was on the Packers first offensive play of the game and from a quick look, I think it was on Jeff Saturday. I'm recording 60 minutes so the reviewing of the game video was a little jerky.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline beast  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 5:56:49 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,518
Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 211

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
It was a toss up where to play him, but neither Bulaga or Newhouse are capable of moving inside.

Lang has short arms.


Bulaga can move inside... he was competing for LG his rookie year and a lot of people thought he won it but got injured and they kept Colledge there... then Tausher got hurt and moved him to RT.

That being said a fully healthy Bulaga is the best OL we currently got and therefor wouldn't want to move him inside.

I haven't seen Newhouse on the inside lately... last time I did, he couldn't keep guys out of his chest pads (which is very bad)... he didn't have the power needed to play inside, and lot of it was horrible technique with his arms getting very little power from his core. Unless he's got that fix (which I haven't seen much power from him at OT) then he probably still can't play inside well.



Lang is a tweener... OG size but natural OT movement and style. My thoughts is that on a run first team, Lang should be an OT. But he's not on a run first team... he's played some OT for the Packers when needed and for the most part I've liked it a lot... but he's struggled against speed rushers like Jared Allen and Osi Umenyiora... but did great in the run game at OT.

In the Bears playoff game, Kuhn run into Clifton which hurt Clifton, and Lang got to get 3 drives against Peppers... first remember Peppers was already warmed up and ready to go, Lang was just getting warmed up.

First drive Mike McCarthy called a lot of pass plays and Peppers kept beating Lang. (which most people remembered)

Second drives don't remember the calls but Lang held his own and Peppers was a non-factor.

Third drive Mike McCarthy call a good bit of running plays and Lang man handle Peppers pushing him where ever the heck he wanted him both on run and pass plays...

So when not against speed rushers I like Lang at OT and I think he can handle his own just fine... and some of that against speed rushers I think was with some sort of injury so he might be able to keep up with them fully healthy. Clearly I'd like a healthy Bulaga first... but I thought Lang did a better job at LT his first shot at it then Newhouse did in his first shot at it (which was during his rookie season in 2009)

But I might not be remembering everything equally between Lang and Newhouse as one happened last year and the other happen a couple years ago.... and 2009 was when Rodgers was sacked 50 times... but that's probably because Tausher missed 8 games, Clifton missed 4 games and wasn't 100% when he came back... and we had Lang and Colledge at the OTs for a short while if I remember right. Two OGs playing OT...

America's team... of the people, by the people, for the people
UserPostedImage
~ made by pack93z
Offline DakotaT  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 6:32:50 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,972
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

If I had my way, and I never get my way, our O-line would be:

Sherrod - LT
Bulaga - LG
TJ Lang - C
Sitton - RG
Newhouse - RT

UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 6:41:13 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,518
Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 211

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
If I had my way, and I never get my way, our O-line would be:
Sherrod - LT
Bulaga - LG
TJ Lang - C
Sitton - RG
Newhouse - RT


It's be interesting having a player that didn't know how to snap the ball well playing Center... based off what I've seen from the Cowboys with a couple of bad Centers.... not fun at all unless you enjoy the QB scrambling for the ball and defenders diving for the ball...

Someone asked Sitton if he or Lang could be the future Center with Wells leaving... Sitton made a joke and basically said if ether of them have to snap the ball they're going to be in trouble... because nether of them do it well.

Also why are you putting the best pass protector (Bulaga) at OG? ...
America's team... of the people, by the people, for the people
UserPostedImage
~ made by pack93z
Offline DakotaT  
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 6:49:31 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,972
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
It's be interesting having a player that didn't know how to snap the ball well playing Center... based off what I've seen from the Cowboys with a couple of bad Centers.... not fun at all unless you enjoy the QB scrambling for the ball and defenders diving for the ball...

Someone asked Sitton if he or Lang could be the future Center with Wells leaving... Sitton made a joke and basically said if ether of them have to snap the ball they're going to be in trouble... because nether of them do it well.

Also why are you putting the best pass protector (Bulaga) at OG? ...


Because the last time the Packers were able to run the ball, their best lineman (Wahle) was a converted tackle playing LG. And I also think, Bulaga looks more like a guard than a tackle. Sherrod is a natural LT, and I think Newhouse would play better on the right side.

It really doesn't matter though because as long as they have dogshit James Campen as their coach, this line will never be top rated. We are very lucky to have so much talent at the skilled positions, cause ugly football would not be successful for us like it is in Chicago.



UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#14 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 7:08:21 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Because the last time the Packers were able to run the ball, their best lineman (Wahle) was a converted tackle playing LG. And I also think, Bulaga looks more like a guard than a tackle. Sherrod is a natural LT, and I think Newhouse would play better on the right side.

It really doesn't matter though because as long as they have dogshit James Campen as their coach, this line will never be top rated. We are very lucky to have so much talent at the skilled positions, cause ugly football would not be successful for us like it is in Chicago.





I changed what I want for Christmas. I was going to have a red-head come over and do a table dance, but I think this year, I'd rather see Campen get fired.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline gbguy20  
#15 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 7:14:42 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,162
Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 247

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
Rolling On The Floor Laughing Normal things don't make me laugh out loud... that one got me to ThumpUp



I am so glad someone understood.
call me Dan
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.365 seconds.