Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dyeah_gb  
#16 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 8:21:40 PM(UTC)
dyeah_gb

Applause Given: 24
Applause Received: 24

I was negative on JJ in the first two weeks of the season. I am happy to eat my words now. It will be great to see him keep moving up on the WR depth chart. Jones and Cobb showed they are future of this team today.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Offline zombieslayer  
#17 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 9:34:32 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb Go to Quoted Post
I was negative on JJ in the first two weeks of the season. I am happy to eat my words now. It will be great to see him keep moving up on the WR depth chart. Jones and Cobb showed they are future of this team today.

I was for trading him off last year because him and Aaron Rodgers didn't seem to have the chemistry him and Favre had. However, this year, he's looking like the '07 model. So I am EXTREMELY happy to eat my words. In '07, I said JJ reminded me of a Sterling Sharpe lite. Tough as hell and has football speed.

I can see JJ becoming our #1 WR. Finally living up to his potential.

There are times when I'm really happy I'm wrong. This is one of them.

Don't forget Jordy. Jordy had 15 TDs last year and this year he's been pretty good as well. It's gonna be JJ, Jordy, and Cobb next year. Hope Ted Thompson can find a good #4 in the draft. You know Uncle Ted will be looking for a WR. I'm not very impressed with Boykin so far.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline nerdmann  
#18 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 10:00:17 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,387
Applause Received: 600

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
I was for trading him off last year because him and Aaron Rodgers didn't seem to have the chemistry him and Favre had. However, this year, he's looking like the '07 model. So I am EXTREMELY happy to eat my words. In '07, I said JJ reminded me of a Sterling Sharpe lite. Tough as hell and has football speed.

Don't forget Jordy. Jordy had 15 TDs last year and this year he's been pretty good as well. It's gonna be JJ, Jordy, and Cobb next year. Hope Ted Thompson can find a good #4 in the draft. You know Uncle Ted will be looking for a WR. I'm not very impressed with Boykin so far.

You KNOW Ted will find someone. It will be a 2nd or 3rd rounder, and the dude will have madd skillz.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
zombieslayer on 11/4/2012(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#19 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 10:10:08 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

lol starters should not be in the same sentence for WRs. Because each week theres many different WR's making plays, ecspecially for this team cause every wideout can play every WR position..

Imo every WR on this team is a starter, Cause EVERYONE is expected to make plays.
Offline RajiRoar  
#20 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 11:40:58 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 225

pump your brakes zombie,

Jones has shown to be much improved this season, and is playing out of his mind right now.

But Last year Jones was being dogged by alot of people for good reason. and remember, it's been 4 years since the "'07 model" and never in that time was he playing like this.

he's had a good 8-game stretch, alot of players have had those and not much else.(Finley 2010, Grant 2007)

while we should be excited for him right now, we can't be above calling this a fluke just yet.

Edited by user Sunday, November 4, 2012 11:52:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline nerdmann  
#21 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 1:36:52 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,387
Applause Received: 600

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
pump your brakes zombie,

Jones has shown to be much improved this season, and is playing out of his mind right now.

But Last year Jones was being dogged by alot of people for good reason. and remember, it's been 4 years since the "'07 model" and never in that time was he playing like this.

he's had a good 8-game stretch, alot of players have had those and not much else.(Finley 2010, Grant 2007)

while we should be excited for him right now, we can't be above calling this a fluke just yet.

Might be a situation like with Dez Bishop. Once he started to get a little more playing time, he stopped making mistakes and settled in.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
zombieslayer on 11/5/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#22 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 8:05:36 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Might be a situation like with Dez Bishop. Once he started to get a little more playing time, he stopped making mistakes and settled in.

Yes. In 2007, he had games started, something he hadn't really had since.

Code:

2007 	16 	9 	47 	676 	14.4 	2 	79
2012     9 	9 	36 	401 	11.1 	7 	49

The first number is games and the second one is games started. Since '07, the most he's ever started was 3 besides this year. So I think there's something to what you're saying. If so, he needs to be the starter (as he will be if Gregorious goes elsewhere).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
nerdmann on 11/5/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:27:35 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Mike McCarthy wrote:
James has been so consistent. (To have) 12 touchdowns, and he’s had some remarkable catches, but it makes me feel good when a guy runs off the field after a game in Chicago and says, ‘Hey, make sure you look at that film and see how many times my guy I was blocking made the tackle,’. I think he’s really completed his game and he’s doing all the little things. He’s had a lot of production obviously catching the ball, scoring touchdowns, but he’s doing a much better job of run blocking and things like that. He’s having an excellent year.
UserPostedImage
Offline rabidgopher04  
#24 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:42:51 AM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Applause Given: 112
Applause Received: 126

Hope Ted Thompson can find a good #4 in the draft. You know Uncle Ted will be looking for a WR. I'm not very impressed with Boykin so far.

The Packers already have all the players they need for next year for WR. Driver is a very capable #4 even if Ted Thompson doesn't draft someone that can immediately fill this role.
Do you like bacon?
Pack93z on 12/20/2012(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#25 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:44:35 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 Go to Quoted Post
The Packers already have all the players they need for next year for WR. Driver is a very capable #4 even if Ted Thompson doesn't draft someone that can immediately fill this role.

Agreed... I think one of those players is also Boykins. He has the length, hands and potential to become a threat in this offense.

Too often we expect players to produce right away.. sometime, it does take time to get comfortable and start to apply their potential.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed