You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<4567>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#76 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 9:20:04 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 102
Applause Received: 66

Originally Posted by: olds70supreme Go to Quoted Post
A couple of things stand out to me:
Positives
  • Rodgers only sacked one time, against a pretty good defense.
  • 176 rushing yards - woo hoo.
  • Mike Neal played solid.
  • 31 points and a win.

Negatives
  • Rodgers under 50% completion (yikes!).
  • Offense came out flat for awhile after halftime.

Crosby is making me a little bit uneasy with his misses this year. Also, it's hard to be down on Cobb after the positive things he did but 3 catches on 9 targets?

The point has been raised before, but a clear negative that I saw was that they were 0-3 on 3rd and 1. I really don't know why they struggle so badly in this scenario?

As an add-on Skelton was really good. The Card receivers really helped the Pack. Lots of dropped passes at key times.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline gbguy20  
#77 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 9:31:44 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 248

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla Go to Quoted Post
The point has been raised before, but a clear negative that I saw was that they were 0-3 on 3rd and 1. I really don't know why they struggle so badly in this scenario?

As an add-on Skelton was really good. The Card receivers really helped the Pack. Lots of dropped passes at key times.

Green ran it twice on 3rd and 1, that accounts for 2 of them. On the other one we threw it.

GIVE ME STARKS
call me Dan
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 11/5/2012(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#78 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 10:21:30 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 347

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Green ran it twice on 3rd and 1, that accounts for 2 of them. On the other one we threw it.

GIVE ME STARKS

Green converted 1 3rd and 1, and was stopped on 1. Thing is, on both of them, there were unblocked men in the hole. The one he was stopped, had 2 of them. Starks wasn't going to do any better in those plays.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#79 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 10:50:41 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 937

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post

GIVE ME STARKS

When Starks has impact, mostly because of his running style, is after he has a head of steam. Throw him in a third and short with a guy sitting in the hole with his upright style.. dude gets his marbles rocked.

I said in last week and the week before that.. Green is a better runner than Starks.. what Starks brings is the wood when he gets a crease. Green still is trying to dance instead of just exploding in the crease.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#80 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 10:52:02 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 167
Applause Received: 328

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
what Starks brings is the wood when he gets a crease. Green still is trying to dance instead of just exploding in the crease.

Whoa, family website here.
UserPostedImage
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#81 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 11:04:28 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 102
Applause Received: 66

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Green converted 1 3rd and 1, and was stopped on 1. Thing is, on both of them, there were unblocked men in the hole. The one he was stopped, had 2 of them. Starks wasn't going to do any better in those plays.

The one we got a first down must have been a pee break. I saw a stuffed run on Green, a missed pass to Jones and a miss pass to I believe Finley on 3rd and 1. Drives me apeshit especially in the 3rd quarter when we went into a lull.

Even if we don't run it our passing games seems to sputter on 3rd and 1. Mike McCarthy needs to develop some screens or something that is a higher % play. Not sure why we don't have any fakes with Aaron Rodgers as well to give the teams more things to think about.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline nerdmann  
#82 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 11:51:57 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

Starks got a third and short carry too, but they ran him to the outside and he gut strung out and stuffed. Idiotic play call.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Pack93z  
#83 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 1:22:47 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 937

Pretty damn cool..

Quote:
Source...

Cobb had just three receptions, but two went for touchdowns. On the first, a 13-yard slant, Cobb said he actually took Donald Driver’s place in the formation at Driver’s urging, and then Driver and tight end Jermichael Finley threw the key blocks that left Cobb one-on-one with safety Adrian Wilson, who whiffed on a spin move.

“I went to line up in my spot, and ‘Drive’ pushed me over and told me to go get it,” Cobb said. “He gave me the opportunity.”
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 11/5/2012(UTC), nerdmann on 11/5/2012(UTC)
Offline Porforis  
#84 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 1:37:17 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

As far as our running game goes, it seemed like on all the plays where we gained good yardage, we either ran out of the shotgun versus a defensive formation that was favorable to us (6 or less in the box) or ran outside and blocked well. On third and 1, we just can't seem to execute as a team, and I think that comes down to blocking first and getting pushed backwards second. When they load up the box, we're not going to get yards.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#85 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 1:40:25 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,425
Applause Received: 1,204

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Pretty damn cool..

I just read that a few minutes ago. DD sure puts the team ahead of his own stats.

edit- I read it on the Press Gazette site.

Loved this part of it.
Quote:

“When I got back to the sideline, I was confused,” Cobb said. “I was like, ‘Why’d you give that to me?’”

All Driver said, according to Cobb, was: “I knew you were going to get it.”

Seems to me that Donald knew Cobb was faster and being down at the 13 yard line there was going to be a lot of defenders in close quarters. (It would have been different if they were 3rd and 13 from their own 45.)

Of course I also think DD feels he is a better blocker than Cobb and it was going to take a key block or two to help get the TD.

Edited by user Monday, November 5, 2012 1:51:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline doddpower  
#86 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 2:29:11 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Applause Given: 1,469
Applause Received: 353

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Of course I also think DD feels he is a better blocker than Cobb and it was going to take a key block or two to help get the TD.

Yeah, I would have to think this would have as much to do with it as anything. With that being said, it's interesting that McCarthy didn't think so as well and switch the two. For whatever reason, McCarthy still seems a little hesitant to keep Cobb involved as much as possible. Perhaps it's the snap count issue that is linked in another article. If not, I'm not sure what else the reason could be. Cobb makes things happen. Until he is consistently stopped, keep featuring him, imo.

Offline GermanGilbert  
#87 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 2:57:01 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 70

Other than Cobb's great effort it was good to see a blown call going into our direction. A pleasant surprise after all the shitty calls that (almost) cost us games so far this season.
blank
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Pack93z on 11/5/2012(UTC), wpr on 11/5/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#88 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 3:03:09 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,425
Applause Received: 1,204

Originally Posted by: GermanGilbert Go to Quoted Post
Other than Cobb's great effort it was good to see a blown call going into our direction. A pleasant surprise after all the shitty calls that (almost) cost us games so far this season.

during the game I would randomly yell "TOUCHDOWN" when AZ had an incomplete pass. Or "INTERCEPTION" when a GB receiver had clearly caught the ball.

I kept the people me amused.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
gbguy20 on 11/5/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#89 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 3:39:49 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, I would have to think this would have as much to do with it as anything. With that being said, it's interesting that McCarthy didn't think so as well and switch the two. For whatever reason, McCarthy still seems a little hesitant to keep Cobb involved as much as possible. Perhaps it's the snap count issue that is linked in another article. If not, I'm not sure what else the reason could be. Cobb makes things happen. Until he is consistently stopped, keep featuring him, imo.

Cobb has ball control issues. Remember in the chat last year when we all cheered every time Cobb would catch the ball on a punt return?

Yes, he's our best YAC guy, our best RB, etc., but the Aaron INT yesterday was an example of what makes Mike McCarthy cringe.

Don't get me wrong. I Wub Cobb. I said last year that Cobb would be our Percy Harvin. But he still has a lot of room for growth.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Porforis  
#90 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 4:53:25 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Cobb has ball control issues. Remember in the chat last year when we all cheered every time Cobb would catch the ball on a punt return?

He hasn't coughed it up yet, don't recall him bobbling or muffing a punt either. Apart from a couple questionable decisions where he really should have called for a fair catch, really can't complain and there's a lot to be excited about. My expectations for punt returners have never been high, catch the ball and don't cough it up. If you've got easy daylight run, if there's any chance someone's going to hit you within a couple seconds of catching the ball fair catch it for all I care. Anything above and beyond that is a bonus.
UserPostedImage