Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 2:17:04 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

In his Monday presser, Mike McCarthy says Matthews out a couple of weeks.

In Packers definitions, maybe he will be back by the playoffs. lol.

But I was impressed with Moses speed and determination on the edge. Couple that with Zombo coming back, Walden and maybe Perry coming back hopefully we can weather the absence of Matthews. ***** edit... Perry getting a second opinion, scratch him coming back... lol.****

But anytime Mike McCarthy or the Packers say a couple of weeks.. I cringe.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 2:22:08 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

Bulaga's injury sounds, by the medical staff is still gathering information, like it could be significant. The little bit of depth would be used up in that case.

Boy this team is getting pounded again on the injury front.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 3:05:25 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

man. Between the shitty calls by officials and the injuries they just can't seem to catch a break.

Guess that means the rest of the team steps it up 3 notches.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline Porforis  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 3:07:35 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
man. Between the shitty calls by officials and the injuries they just can't seem to catch a break.

Guess that means the rest of the team steps it up 3 notches.

And hopefully that means karma and luck swings our way come the postseason. :)
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 3:36:27 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

So we've lost both of our team leaders on D. Our #1 WR has been out for awhile now. Our #2 WR made one appearance and injured another part of his body. Our #1 RB may or may not be ready in time for the Playoffs. Our entire OL is VERY thin right now when it comes to depth.

Pretty amazing we're talking about Playoffs still. I think if any other team in the NFL had this all to deal with, they'd be Weeeee!!
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline yooperfan  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 3:39:23 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 295

Perhaps all the talk of Matthews breaking the sack record a few games into the season was a bit premature.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 11/5/2012(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 3:46:34 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
So we've lost both of our team leaders on D. Our #1 WR has been out for awhile now. Our #2 WR made one appearance and injured another part of his body. Our #1 RB may or may not be ready in time for the Playoffs. Our entire OL is VERY thin right now when it comes to depth.

Pretty amazing we're talking about Playoffs still. I think if any other team in the NFL had this all to deal with, they'd be Weeeee!!

Most teams can't win with 6, 7 or 8 starters out 2 games in a row. Pretty impressive.

Online nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 3:47:54 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

Man this shit with Perry makes me want to PUKE.

Just be up front with us about wtf these injuries are.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 4:05:42 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post

To whose benefit would that be?

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post

And yet fans will piss and moan when the Packers fail to 'blowout' a team said fan feels is junior varsity level, completing forgetting this is the NFL.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan on 11/5/2012(UTC)
Online nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 4:17:03 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

Injury reporting rules are in place primarily to prevent organized criminal groups from having inside interest in and manipulating games.

It goes to the integrity of the game itself.

It also irritates me to be lied to.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#11 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 4:22:12 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

I believe our future opponents would be rather interested in whether they have to game plan against CM3 or not. C'MON MIKE TELL THE WHOLE TRUTH WE AS FANS DESERVE TO KNOW!!!! Big Grin

And yet fans will piss and moan when the Packers fail to 'blowout' a team said fan feels is junior varsity level, completing forgetting this is the NFL.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#12 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 4:24:36 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Injury reporting rules are in place primarily to prevent organized criminal groups from having inside interest in and manipulating games.

It goes to the integrity of the game itself.

It also irritates me to be lied to.

Think I don't think they're doing this on purpose man.. they take care of their players, they go through a process. They aren't doing anything wrong..
Offline dyeah_gb  
#13 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 4:29:57 PM(UTC)
dyeah_gb

Applause Given: 28
Applause Received: 25

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
In his Monday presser, Mike McCarthy says Matthews out a couple of weeks.

In Packers definitions, maybe he will be back by the playoffs. lol.

Loss of CMIII to injury really sucks. Nearly all our division games occurring in the second half and we need this team ready to play. He better be 100% by the giants game. Wanna Box?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Online nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 5:15:14 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
Think I don't think they're doing this on purpose man.. they take care of their players, they go through a process. They aren't doing anything wrong..

I do. Teams have been playing games with the injury reports ever since the institution of the Practice Squads.
Offline wpr  
#15 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 5:23:56 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
Perhaps all the talk of Matthews breaking the sack record a few games into the season was a bit premature.

of course it was. We were laughing at it. At least everyone should have been. the guy who wrote the article that I posted was just plain silly. it was only 3 weeks. Anything can happen in the next 14 weeks including the earth hit by a meteor.
UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#16 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 5:26:16 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 669
Applause Received: 1,374

This season sure has that 2010 feel to it. I try not to whine about injuries because I like to see what we have playing behind the starters. Brad Jones just might have found himself inside, and I don't think we've missed Woodson that much have we? We are still scoring over 20 a game without Jennings and a lackluster Finley. Is there any doubt we have the best GM in the business?

If fans of other teams read our forum, I'm sure they would call us a bunch of spoiled pussies, which of course - we are.
UserPostedImage
GermanGilbert on 11/5/2012(UTC)
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#17 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 6:07:10 PM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 110

The whole next man up has worked out so far for us.But lets be realistic,at this rate we're starting to run out of men.Thank god the bye week got here when it did.We should get some people back in time for the Lions game.I will refrain from doing this Weeeee!!Weeeee!! Weeeee!! until we see who we get back for Detroit.So for now I'll just do this Pray Pray Pray for the next two weeks.Hopefully we can heal fast and make our run to the Division title and the Playoffs.GO PACK GO!!!!!!
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#18 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 6:09:44 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

I do. Teams have been playing games with the injury reports ever since the institution of the Practice Squads.

I have no idea what you're trying to say lol Duh!

UserPostedImage

What more do you want? They don't always figure out how bad or lingering an injure is right away...

I honestly don't see a problem..
Online nerdmann  
#19 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 6:10:29 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

We can't lose another T.

And without Clay, Moses Walden and Zombo are gonna have to really step up. If Neal does a Cullen Jenkins impersonation, that would go a long way towards helping them out.
Offline gbguy20  
#20 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 9:42:19 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

Yo guys let's take it down a notch. The last time we had to battle through this many injuries we had a bunch of guys step up and we won the fucking superbowl. So far this year we've lost a bunch of guys and we've had a bunch of guys step up again...you know what's left.
call me Dan
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#21 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 10:01:18 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

We may have had a bunch of injuries in 2010 also, but they were mostly isolated on defense, leaving the offense able to cover for them. Having both sides losing the number of players is much harder.

The good thing, is 2010, when we lost players, they were gone for the duration, this year we will get most of them back before season end.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 12:32:41 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
We may have had a bunch of injuries in 2010 also, but they were mostly isolated on defense, leaving the offense able to cover for them. Having both sides losing the number of players is much harder.

The good thing, is 2010, when we lost players, they were gone for the duration, this year we will get most of them back before season end.

Every other year, the even numbers, we get decimated. Remember '08?
Offline wpr  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 6:33:56 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Yo guys let's take it down a notch. The last time we had to battle through this many injuries we had a bunch of guys step up and we won the fucking superbowl. So far this year we've lost a bunch of guys and we've had a bunch of guys step up again...you know what's left.

Yes they did overcome all those injuries in 10. How many times has an NFL team been decimated with injuries and then won it all? Not very many. How many times has a contending team failed to make the playoffs or lost in the playoffs due in part to injuries? nearly every single year.

2010 was something special but it is in the past. Don't look for it to happen again because what they did was very rare.
UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 2 applause.
Porforis on 11/6/2012(UTC), nerdmann on 11/6/2012(UTC)
Offline olds70supreme  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 6:40:56 AM(UTC)
olds70supreme

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 44

In an effort to see the positive in this, now the coaching staff will be able to evaluate our OLB depth and starter opposite CMIII nearly twice as often. Think
blank
Offline LambeauEast  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 7:15:28 AM(UTC)
LambeauEast

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 20

With all of the injuries, the team has done far better than I gave them credit for, but damn, how much more do we have to go through?! Get well soon, guys!

I'm not being a turd with this question, I'm really not sure how it works....so here goes...

As far as the "2nd opinion" deal. I'm guessing that the first opinion is the team physician? And when they don't like his diagnosis, they go to an outside source? Just wondering. And thank God Jennings did so...a hernia is a tad different than your garden variety "groin" injury I would think.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed