Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:39:26 PM(UTC)
This is not good news for the Vikings... not at all.

Source....

Quote:
“It was a little worse, waking up that Monday and just feeling the beating you put on it the previous day,” Peterson said. “It wasn’t already healed 100 percent going into the game. So, when you’ve got a nagging injury like that, you’ve just got to stay on top of it, get the rest, continue strengthening it — just do the necessary things to get you through that push to Sunday.”

But for Peterson.. first thought. [grin1]

UserPostedImage

But seriously, Peterson is a joy to watch play the game and I hope for his sake that he is not starting to destroy his wheels and thus prematurely derailing a career at the same time.
zombieslayer  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:52:17 PM(UTC)
Bad for the NFL, period. AP is one of the top 5 players in the NFL to watch.
Formo  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:03:34 PM(UTC)
He hasn't been practicing, so hopefully that'll help the healing process. He's a freak of nature.
flep  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 2:38:28 AM(UTC)
I hope he isn't seriously injured and on the wain.

I want to see him at Wembley next year!!
dfosterf  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 3:55:05 PM(UTC)
He doesn't look nearly-gimpy-enough for my personal taste.

I have a neighbor dog with three legs. I feed him treats almost every day. If AD loses a leg, I promise to feed him treats almost every day also.

zombieslayer  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 8:43:08 PM(UTC)
Had his best game of the year so far. Bailed out Captain Checkdown's 58 yards passing. Apparently, he's not so gimpy now.
zombieslayer  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 9:52:17 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer said: Go to Quoted Post
Had his best game of the year so far. Bailed out Captain Checkdown's 58 yards passing. Apparently, he's not so gimpy now.

Unreal. Captain Checkdown had 63 yards passing. Poor AD had 182 yards and 2 TDs in yet another wasted effort.
Porforis  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 9:55:57 PM(UTC)
Despite my hate for the purple, I do feel bad for such a fantastic, bound-to-be-legendary player like Adrian Peterson being stuck on that team.

Maybe he'd look good in green and gold? :>
zombieslayer  
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 10:06:45 PM(UTC)
Porforis said: Go to Quoted Post
Despite my hate for the purple, I do feel bad for such a fantastic, bound-to-be-legendary player like Adrian Peterson being stuck on that team.

Maybe he'd look good in green and gold? :>

Poor Formo would flip.
Formo  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 10:21:44 PM(UTC)
And what's crazy is the Vikings only lost by 10 points.. With a completely toothless passing game (or really, a black hole). I, too, feel for AP. But I'm also selfish and would hate him not wearing purple. For, what would Perpul Jeezus be without the purple jersey?!
zombieslayer  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 10:37:41 PM(UTC)
Formo said: Go to Quoted Post
And what's crazy is the Vikings only lost by 10 points.. With a completely toothless passing game (or really, a black hole). I, too, feel for AP. But I'm also selfish and would hate him not wearing purple. For, what would Perpul Jeezus be without the purple jersey?!

It would be every bit as wrong as seeing Wallie in a uniform other than da Bears or Barry Sanders finishing up his career in another team.

I don't want to see AP in anything other than purple. It really is a shame.

And it was pretty boring getting ribbed by your buddy Vikesrule this year as everyone, including Vikesrule knew it wouldn't last.

As for what you said in the other thread about you're not sure if it's the OC/system or if it's Ponder, I think it's both. I don't see Ponder getting that much better, nor do I see another QB excelling in that system. You guys don't have a true #1 WR, which you need. Percy Harvin isn't it. He's a YAC receiver and your system doesn't give him enough opportunities to be Percy Harvin.
Formo  
#12 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 7:54:12 PM(UTC)
It would be every bit as wrong as seeing Wallie in a uniform other than da Bears or Barry Sanders finishing up his career in another team.

I don't want to see AP in anything other than purple. It really is a shame.

And it was pretty boring getting ribbed by your buddy Vikesrule this year as everyone, including Vikesrule knew it wouldn't last.

As for what you said in the other thread about you're not sure if it's the OC/system or if it's Ponder, I think it's both. I don't see Ponder getting that much better, nor do I see another QB excelling in that system. You guys don't have a true #1 WR, which you need. Percy Harvin isn't it. He's a YAC receiver and your system doesn't give him enough opportunities to be Percy Harvin.

Yeah, I'm putting more of the blame on Ponder's play.. Now, I know he's not even completed his 2nd season and many QBs have sophomore slumps, but good/great QBs make nondescript/average WRs look like good ones. On the other hand, a great WR doesn't NOT make an average/nondescript QB look like a good QB.

Now, the OC certainly isn't helping Ponder's process with his unimaginative playcalling (is he from the Childress tree of coaching?!). It's pretty sad that a rube like myself can predict what the play is going to be.

I'm completely bored with the Vikes passing game. I was going to say offense, but AP is still electric.. especially after his knee surgery.

Now, I know what some may say, and that is no one expected the Vikings to win this many games all year, much less in the first 6 weeks or so.. but when a team starts out showing efficiency, the thought is they are supposed to at LEAST maintain, or even better, IMPROVE. But the Vikings are regressing in all aspects except for their run game.
Pack93z  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 11:03:12 AM(UTC)
I wonder if I openly praise a Viking player, they will crawl into their shell.

Hmmm.. I did mention on the PPO how I was impressed with Ponder after the Niners game.. :-"

The kiss of death would be if I add them to my fantasy team.. almost surely curse a back with a season ending injury. Hurry, someone trade me Peterson. ;)
Formo  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 12:15:41 PM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if I openly praise a Viking player, they will crawl into their shell.

Hmmm.. I did mention on the PPO how I was impressed with Ponder after the Niners game.. :-"

The kiss of death would be if I add them to my fantasy team.. almost surely curse a back with a season ending injury. Hurry, someone trade me Peterson. ;)

That's the story of my FF career. A big part why I didn't play this year.
zombieslayer  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:12:04 PM(UTC)
Formo said: Go to Quoted Post
That's the story of my FF career. A big part why I didn't play this year.

I don't think you guys can hold a candle to my fantasy bitching. Philip Rivers is my #2 QB. He bombed this year. MJD is my #1 RB. He's out. Ryan Matthews and Felix Jones are my other RBs. Matthews started hurt and Jones bombed. Steve Smith is my #1 WR. He only got in the end zone once this year. And Mason Crosby is my kicker. We all know what happens when he kicks field goals.

As for AD, geez, if you had Peterson the last 3 weeks?

Code:

Oct 21	ARI	W 21-14	23	153	6.7     27  1
Oct 25	TAM	L 17-36	15	123	8.2	66  1
Nov 4	@ SEA	L 20-30	17	182	10.7	74  2

Those stats are SICK! =d>
Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:36:07 PM(UTC)
I don't think you guys can hold a candle to my fantasy bitching.

Dude, everyone is ahead of me, EVERYONE! Shut your damn mouth lol
Rss Feed