Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:01:28 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Only downside is. Jones is a FA after this season. I like him inside, but i dont think we can keep him unless we let Bishop go. DJ is a minimal contract, and we would not gain any space letting Hawk go.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 3:24:14 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Only downside is. Jones is a FA after this season. I like him inside, but i dont think we can keep him unless we let Bishop go. DJ is a minimal contract, and we would not gain any space letting Hawk go.

Jones is a low priority. Maybe they'll cut Hawk and keep him, but we've also got Manning there. Plenty of depth.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 10:06:26 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Jones is a low priority. Maybe they'll cut Hawk and keep him, but we've also got Manning there. Plenty of depth.

There is no benefit from cutting Hawk. If we cut him, we gain a prorated SB hit as large as his salary. It will come down to, Jones performance compared to Bishop. If Jones is determined to be better, Bishop could be traded for little cap hit at all.
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 11:04:41 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

It's not like Jones is going to cost all that much to resign.
call me Dan
Online DakotaT  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 11:16:42 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,369

There is no benefit from cutting Hawk. If we cut him, we gain a prorated SB hit as large as his salary. It will come down to, Jones performance compared to Bishop. If Jones is determined to be better, Bishop could be traded for little cap hit at all.

Haven't we learned by now that we need 10 linebackers in this defense. And when it is time to play, you better be ready to rock. I don't understand the obsession with who starts.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 11/6/2012(UTC), SINCITYCHEEZE on 11/7/2012(UTC)
Offline PackerTraxx  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 10:13:23 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

Getting ahead of myself, but I'm anxious to see his(Manning) improvement next year, along with Richardson.

Message modified by user Wednesday, November 7, 2012 2:29:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:16:13 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
It's not like Jones is going to cost all that much to resign.

How much is not all that much? Jones keeps playing, and it will be the same situation as Barnett going down and Bishop taking over. And that scored Bishop a 4yr/20mil deal and sent Barnett packing. What would Jones be 2 years later? 4 at 21 or 22?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Haven't we learned by now that we need 10 linebackers in this defense. And when it is time to play, you better be ready to rock. I don't understand the obsession with who starts.

Sure we need LBers, but we also need to have space to afford them. With the contracts that will be coming due, Rodgers, Matthews, Raji and others. Would we be able to afford haveing 3-5 million riding the pine? Or do we let one go or trade and bring in another youngster, that can step in when needed and only cost 1/2 mill.

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 1:25:49 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

How much is not all that much? Jones keeps playing, and it will be the same situation as Barnett going down and Bishop taking over. And that scored Bishop a 4yr/20mil deal and sent Barnett packing. What would Jones be 2 years later? 4 at 21 or 22?

Sure we need LBers, but we also need to have space to afford them. With the contracts that will be coming due, Rodgers, Matthews, Raji and others. Would we be able to afford haveing 3-5 million riding the pine? Or do we let one go or trade and bring in another youngster, that can step in when needed and only cost 1/2 mill.

Well, I guess if Jones is playing up to Bishop's level you have a good argument. I haven't paid much attention to him I guess.
call me Dan
Online nerdmann  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 3:15:30 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx Go to Quoted Post
Getting ahead of myself, but I'm anxious to see his(Manning) improvement next year, along with Richardson.

If Clay and Nick are down for a significant period of time, I might try bulking Richardson up and putting him at OLB.

Yeah, I'm crazy.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline doddpower  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 3:21:41 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,087
Applause Received: 528

If Clay and Nick are down for a significant period of time, I might try bulking Richardson up and putting him at OLB.

Yeah, I'm crazy.

What makes you think the guy would have any pass rushing skills whatsoever? I think he needs to focus on safety. I really like his size and strength.

Mathews has dealt with hamstring issues throughout his NFL career. After 2-4 weeks, I imagine he should be able to return. It might limit his effectiveness though. The Packers have shown they can win with Walden at LOLB, and Zombo is decent depth. As long as Mathews comes back, they should be fine. The area they could use players to step up the most is along the defensive line. It looks like Neal is improving, so perhaps that will help.
Rss Feed