Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline play2win  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 12:38:03 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

How about this:

Brad Jones
Casey Hayward
Davon House
Jeron McMillian

4 of our Top 5 tacklers on D v. the Cardinals Sunday, and none of them were factors for us in 2011. The 5th being Morgan Burnett, another player who is really coming into his own. I just found it interesting that none of these four players were even in the picture for us last season, either by attrition, injury, or the fact that a couple were on their college teams.

My hat is off to all of them. Brad Jones could well be one of the best surprises on this 2012 Packers team. The guy has done a fantastic job replacing Bishop and Smith, actually adding to the position with his size. Way to go Jones. This from a player I thought for sure would be one of the first cut on roster cutdowns. Jones has far exceeded my expectations.

How about Casey Hayward? This kid plays the game the way it is supposed to be played. Hits hard and makes his presence known on the field. I'm amazed at how polished he is looking playing in his first NFL season. The guy knows how to play in space at DB. I can't wait to see the pick parade start, and soon! I think he's got his NFL legs firmly underneath him now. He's ready to take that next step to ballhawk. Hell, he's got 4 INTs this year! I don't think he's really even gotten started, yet.

House. Another hard hitting corner. No fear with this player. Nice to see him contributing for the Packers this season, after a 2011 washout with injury. I had high hopes for him when Ted drafted him. I mean, you've got to have something special if you are being drafted out of NMSU in the 4th round... and, I think he does, indeed.

McMillian looks a lot like Hayward, in that he looks like he belongs. Neither of these players look like rookies, and that is a testament to both of their work ethics and raw talents. I could see McMillian making some picks here to finish out the season as well. He's been so close.

Anyhow, great play from these four players, and I wish them well to finish the remainder of the campaign for another Lombardi Trophy this season.

http://www.packers.com/a...04gamebook-cardinals.pdf
Sponsor
Offline Yerko  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 12:46:21 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 164
Applause Received: 269

They all deserve the mention. At 6-3, the one thing that has stuck out to me about the team is the DBs on this team. Technically, the Packers are fielding 3 rookies (House counts since injured last season) and they have all done a tremendous job back there. The Packers back 7 are going to be a force to recon with in seasons to come.

Brad Jones is just a shocking development at the position. It is almost as if the Packers really haven't lost anything at the position. The "next man up" mentality of this team continues to work and its always a joy to see.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 11/6/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 1:37:13 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,236
Applause Received: 1,556

Jones does not shock me. I am pleasantly surprised and I did not expect this much from him. During TC I read several stories that said he had more overall ability than Zombo or Walden. That the coaches liked what they saw from him when he was moved inside. With Hawk, Bishop and Smith (possibly Manning too) ahead of him at ILB and Matthews and Perry at OLB I didn't see him getting a lot of reps at LB position but I still expected him to make the team.

I love hard hitting defensive players who also TACKLE so how can I not like Hayward? What excites me most about the ints is that he is in the right position when the ball is thrown. I have seen way too many ints when the CB was out of position and got the pick because of a bad pass or a tipped ball. Of course those picks still count but it doesn't make me think that there would be any more forthcoming. As you say Hayward is going to get more. (Unless they stop testing him.)

I was disappointed that House was injured last year. In what little action he got last year he looked pretty good. I thought he might push Shields for a little PT. Or get out there every once in a while if Woody needed to catch his breath. He has a lot more than that this year.

McMillian has had a few struggles this year but that is ok. he is still learning and he keeps coming back time after time. Barring injuries he will have a fine career.

All of these players should peak right around the playoffs. Like so many professional sports the athletes certainly have the talent. It usually comes down to who can make the adjustments after their opponents have made their adjustments. That to a large degree falls on the coaching staff to help them adjust.
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 9:35:55 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 210
Applause Received: 285

Our young batch of defensive players have been absolutely outstanding this season. It is great to see. Keep it up, gentlemen.
call me Dan
Offline RajiRoar  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 11:41:18 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 44
Applause Received: 263

Hayward has impressed the shit out of me.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Online beast  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 10:56:17 AM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 263
Applause Received: 322

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post

I wouldn't want to see your couch after game day then... Puke
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 11/6/2012(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 12:00:35 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

no doubt, eh?!!!!

i'll never forget the impact of Ronnie Lott and Eric Wright for SF back in the day when they won their first SB. That was a phenomenal display of raw talent being infused into the league on one team. And they took the season to the house. I'm hoping our additions can do the same. Was really taken aback by their performances thus far through 6 games. Pretty damn good.

The last two defenders in our secondary that I can recall to have had like impact early in their careers were Craig Newsome and Tramon WIlliams. Newsome was probably one of the best CBs that I have ever seen play the position. I loved that guy playing for GB, and I wish him well to this day. I'll never forget his play in SB XXXI, and the season leading up to it. Remarkable progression. Tragic end to his career as a player. I'm hoping he can one day coach for us.
Offline wpr  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 12:10:17 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't want to see your couch after game day then... Puke

he wears a diaper on game day silly. changes at halftime.
UserPostedImage
Offline RajiRoar  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 12:24:43 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 44
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
he wears a diaper on game day silly. changes at halftime.

nope.

TV and TP

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
thanks Post received 3 applause.
wpr on 11/6/2012(UTC), zombieslayer on 11/6/2012(UTC), beast on 11/6/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 12:33:12 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

nope.

TV and TP

brilliant.

I remember checking into a new resort hotel about 20 years ago and seeing they had a tv in the john. Wall mounted so you could see if from the shower. (and also from the commode) Alas I wear glasses so I couldn't see it if I showered.

To a 20 something year old kid it was a bit of a shock. I think the room had 3 tvs and 4 phones. one of them in the john too. I guess high rollers get lonely awfully easy.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:01:28 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 442

Only downside is. Jones is a FA after this season. I like him inside, but i dont think we can keep him unless we let Bishop go. DJ is a minimal contract, and we would not gain any space letting Hawk go.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 3:24:14 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,786
Applause Received: 676

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Only downside is. Jones is a FA after this season. I like him inside, but i dont think we can keep him unless we let Bishop go. DJ is a minimal contract, and we would not gain any space letting Hawk go.

Jones is a low priority. Maybe they'll cut Hawk and keep him, but we've also got Manning there. Plenty of depth.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 10:06:26 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 442

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Jones is a low priority. Maybe they'll cut Hawk and keep him, but we've also got Manning there. Plenty of depth.

There is no benefit from cutting Hawk. If we cut him, we gain a prorated SB hit as large as his salary. It will come down to, Jones performance compared to Bishop. If Jones is determined to be better, Bishop could be traded for little cap hit at all.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 11:04:41 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 210
Applause Received: 285

It's not like Jones is going to cost all that much to resign.
call me Dan
Offline DakotaT  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 11:16:42 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 686
Applause Received: 1,405

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
There is no benefit from cutting Hawk. If we cut him, we gain a prorated SB hit as large as his salary. It will come down to, Jones performance compared to Bishop. If Jones is determined to be better, Bishop could be traded for little cap hit at all.

Haven't we learned by now that we need 10 linebackers in this defense. And when it is time to play, you better be ready to rock. I don't understand the obsession with who starts.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 11/6/2012(UTC), SINCITYCHEEZE on 11/7/2012(UTC)
Rss Feed