Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PackerTraxx  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 10:13:23 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Jones is a low priority. Maybe they'll cut Hawk and keep him, but we've also got Manning there. Plenty of depth.

Getting ahead of myself, but I'm anxious to see his(Manning) improvement next year, along with Richardson.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 7, 2012 2:29:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:16:13 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 362

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
It's not like Jones is going to cost all that much to resign.

How much is not all that much? Jones keeps playing, and it will be the same situation as Barnett going down and Bishop taking over. And that scored Bishop a 4yr/20mil deal and sent Barnett packing. What would Jones be 2 years later? 4 at 21 or 22?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Haven't we learned by now that we need 10 linebackers in this defense. And when it is time to play, you better be ready to rock. I don't understand the obsession with who starts.

Sure we need LBers, but we also need to have space to afford them. With the contracts that will be coming due, Rodgers, Matthews, Raji and others. Would we be able to afford haveing 3-5 million riding the pine? Or do we let one go or trade and bring in another youngster, that can step in when needed and only cost 1/2 mill.

The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 1:25:49 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
How much is not all that much? Jones keeps playing, and it will be the same situation as Barnett going down and Bishop taking over. And that scored Bishop a 4yr/20mil deal and sent Barnett packing. What would Jones be 2 years later? 4 at 21 or 22?

Sure we need LBers, but we also need to have space to afford them. With the contracts that will be coming due, Rodgers, Matthews, Raji and others. Would we be able to afford haveing 3-5 million riding the pine? Or do we let one go or trade and bring in another youngster, that can step in when needed and only cost 1/2 mill.

Well, I guess if Jones is playing up to Bishop's level you have a good argument. I haven't paid much attention to him I guess.
call me Dan
Offline nerdmann  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 3:15:30 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,517
Applause Received: 631

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx Go to Quoted Post
Getting ahead of myself, but I'm anxious to see his(Manning) improvement next year, along with Richardson.

If Clay and Nick are down for a significant period of time, I might try bulking Richardson up and putting him at OLB.

Yeah, I'm crazy.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline doddpower  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 3:21:41 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,979
Applause Received: 478

If Clay and Nick are down for a significant period of time, I might try bulking Richardson up and putting him at OLB.

Yeah, I'm crazy.

What makes you think the guy would have any pass rushing skills whatsoever? I think he needs to focus on safety. I really like his size and strength.

Mathews has dealt with hamstring issues throughout his NFL career. After 2-4 weeks, I imagine he should be able to return. It might limit his effectiveness though. The Packers have shown they can win with Walden at LOLB, and Zombo is decent depth. As long as Mathews comes back, they should be fine. The area they could use players to step up the most is along the defensive line. It looks like Neal is improving, so perhaps that will help.
Offline nerdmann  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 3:57:11 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,517
Applause Received: 631

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
What makes you think the guy would have any pass rushing skills whatsoever? I think he needs to focus on safety. I really like his size and strength.

Mathews has dealt with hamstring issues throughout his NFL career. After 2-4 weeks, I imagine he should be able to return. It might limit his effectiveness though. The Packers have shown they can win with Walden at LOLB, and Zombo is decent depth. As long as Mathews comes back, they should be fine. The area they could use players to step up the most is along the defensive line. It looks like Neal is improving, so perhaps that will help.

What makes you think Zombo, Walden and Moses have pass rushing ability?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline GermanGilbert  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 4:32:27 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Applause Given: 35
Applause Received: 86

At least everyone of those guys has more career sacks than Richardson ;)

blank
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/7/2012(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 7:27:03 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 924

Those guys have actually played the position before at least. You didn't answer his question though. I don't really see how using an undersized UDFA rookie safety is even a thought. Does Richardson have some background as a pass rusher of any sort? Why not bring back Aaron Rouse and move him to OLB then? That makes about as much sense.
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 7:47:02 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Those guys have actually played the position before at least. You didn't answer his question though. I don't really see how using an undersized UDFA rookie safety is even a thought. Does Richardson have some background as a pass rusher of any sort? Why not bring back Aaron Rouse and move him to OLB then? That makes about as much sense.

Rolling On The Floor Laughing

Moses gets consistant preasure.. Hell he almost caused a fumble sack after Clay went down.

DO you guys think we can't get to the QB without Matthews?! Ofc he's a dynamic pass rusher but he's not god.. Walden..... I think he's one of the best players on our defense. Seriously I do. He's always around the football and he's pretty fast and a sure tackler. He's quietly having a great season.

Also our Dline is getting pressure! Last year we had none of it! We haven't even seen what Zombo can do for almost 1 and a half years! He and Quarless could be our calling cards.

We'll be fine. we will be fine! I hope i'm right. Woot
Offline steveishere  
#25 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2012 4:54:33 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 924

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post

Moses gets consistant preasure.. Hell he almost caused a fumble sack after Clay went down.

DO you guys think we can't get to the QB without Matthews?! Ofc he's a dynamic pass rusher but he's not god.. Walden..... I think he's one of the best players on our defense. Seriously I do. He's always around the football and he's pretty fast and a sure tackler. He's quietly having a great season.

Also our Dline is getting pressure! Last year we had none of it! We haven't even seen what Zombo can do for almost 1 and a half years! He and Quarless could be our calling cards.

Walden has been light years better this year at setting the edge vs the run and in coverage but he's still been the same old pass rusher you send after the QB 30ish times a game and he'll come away with only maybe a pressure or two. I like how he plays 100% on every play and never gives up on a play but he gets swallowed up a lot pass rushing.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/8/2012(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#26 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2012 7:20:29 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 362

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post

While not a god. Clay gets the attention of the offensive line and blockers. they have to account for him with at least another 1/2 blocker. Nobody elee on the edge does. Without him, offenses will be able to pay more attention to the interior Dline.

I think we would be better off, leaving a 3 man line in more. Instead of dropping a lineman to bring in the extra DB. pull one on of the OLB and shift Neal, Worthy or Daniels out to be the edge rusher.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2012 2:20:12 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
While not a god. Clay gets the attention of the offensive line and blockers. they have to account for him with at least another 1/2 blocker. Nobody elee on the edge does. Without him, offenses will be able to pay more attention to the interior Dline.

I think we would be better off, leaving a 3 man line in more. Instead of dropping a lineman to bring in the extra DB. pull one on of the OLB and shift Neal, Worthy or Daniels out to be the edge rusher.

We should just stick to our scheme. Not switching it up because Matthews is gone. I think Moses could be our 2nd best PR next to Neal. Maybe they move him and Walden around like Matthews.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#28 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:25:02 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 209
Applause Received: 350

We just need to get our lines healthy. I am really impressed by the linebackers and coverage units especially with inconsistent passrush.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance