Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MontanaBob  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 12:40:23 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Applause Received: 56

The election is over....I got 2 votes. Mine and neighbor Chuck. So today we wake up to an early winter snow storm/blizzard. I was planning to go over my backyard with my mulching mower and chop up all the leaves.....45 zillion of them...one last time and be done with that for the winter. I've already done that 4 times since Oct. 20th, but the damn leaves seem to fall from the skies until late Nov.

Nothing stops MontanaBob from his appointed rounds of mulching the leaves, and hell, 5 inches of snow is nothing for my good old Troy Built 2700 Mulcher/Snow Shredder/Stump Chopper. So, I'm in our backyard running over the snow and leaves underneath, shredding the crap out of both leaves and snow, when good old neighbor McGoo yells down to me. You remember him from my encounter with the cow Elk in my backyard two winters ago.

"Hey, is that you Bob?"

"No, it's Santa Claus."

"Funny Bob. What the hell ya doing? You aren't cutting your grass in weather like this are you?"

"I'm mulching up the leaves and the snow at the same time. See, with this snow on top of the leaves, when you chop them up like this the snow adds moisture to them and thus you get better mulch. It turns into good old soil faster with all this snow mixed in."

"Jeez, I didn't know that. I might have to try that."

"Yeah, give it a try. Just remember to set your mower blade up high, or you're going to stall it out."

I swear that right now, as I type this out, I hear a lawn mower going from behind our back yard. The problem is, McGoo has about 5 leaves in his yard. The two trees he has back there are conifers.

I gotta find a bridge to sell him.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Sponsor
Offline zombieslayer  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 12:49:56 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I would have voted for you, amigo, but you kinda waffled on the squirrel issue. Shame on you

As for mulching snow, I'm waiting for Vikesrule to come by and make a comparison between your neighbor and our very own DakotaT. Whistle
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline DakotaT  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 12:56:59 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
I would have voted for you, amigo, but you kinda waffled on the squirrel issue. Shame on you

As for mulching snow, I'm waiting for Vikesrule to come by and make a comparison between your neighbor and our very own DakotaT. Whistle

All I want to know is who will be the first pussy to whine about shoveling snow.
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 1:33:58 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
All I want to know is who will be the first pussy to whine about shoveling snow.

I'll whine about it right now if you'd like. No snow here in MN yet, but I might as well bitch about it now to get it out of the way.
call me Dan
Offline zombieslayer  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 1:40:41 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Shoveling snow?

I had to do that once. We were on vacation in Tahoe and overnight, there was like 8 feet of snow. We had to dig out before we could head home.

It was actually pretty fun. Now if I had to do that all the time, I guess it would suck.

Does that count as whining? Anxious
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline DakotaT  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 3:21:10 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Shoveling snow?

I had to do that once. We were on vacation in Tahoe and overnight, there was like 8 feet of snow. We had to dig out before we could head home.

It was actually pretty fun. Now if I had to do that all the time, I guess it would suck.

Does that count as whining? Anxious

No, saying you shoveled snow once, makes you an a$hole to those of us that do it every year.
UserPostedImage