Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 10:39:40 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,708
Applause Received: 664

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Coming into the league, They were the same height, Quarless had about 10lbs, 40 - Finley 4.65 Quarless 4.56, Bench Finley 20 reps Quarless 29", Vertical Finley 27.5" Quarless 32, Broad jump Finley 9'9" Quarless 9'11"


Well shit. Let's get it on!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline doddpower  
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2012 1:27:44 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,090
Applause Received: 530

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Well shit. Let's get it on!



Not to mention he's coming off a MAJOR injury. It will be extremely impressive if he's able to return to his 'old form' anytime soon. I imagine it will take at least a year of being somewhat healthy and practicing to come close to getting back to where he was. Of course, it's possible he may never return to that same level.
Offline nerdmann  
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2012 2:25:36 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,708
Applause Received: 664

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Not to mention he's coming off a MAJOR injury. It will be extremely impressive if he's able to return to his 'old form' anytime soon. I imagine it will take at least a year of being somewhat healthy and practicing to come close to getting back to where he was. Of course, it's possible he may never return to that same level.


Even so, he could still surpass Finley.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline doddpower  
#29 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2012 2:49:57 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,090
Applause Received: 530

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Even so, he could still surpass Finley.


LOL, that's true. I'm still pretty high on DJ Williams. I know he hasn't looked great and is only 6'2, but I think he will have a much bigger role in this offense if Finley leaves, and may thrive in it. Height isn't a huge deal. After all, Aaron Hernandez is only 6'1, and Dustin Keller is only 6'2. There are several other good tight ends that are only 6'3. Williams just needs to continue to develop. At worst, I think he will eventually make a really good #2.

Offline Gaycandybacon  
#30 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2012 3:28:13 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Mike Daniels is 6'0'' and he's played great for us! It's not all about size. look at Darren Sproles and MJD Applause
Offline nerdmann  
#31 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2012 4:20:43 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,708
Applause Received: 664

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
LOL, that's true. I'm still pretty high on DJ Williams. I know he hasn't looked great and is only 6'2, but I think he will have a much bigger role in this offense if Finley leaves, and may thrive in it. Height isn't a huge deal. After all, Aaron Hernandez is only 6'1, and Dustin Keller is only 6'2. There are several other good tight ends that are only 6'3. Williams just needs to continue to develop. At worst, I think he will eventually make a really good #2.



Williams could very well be a situation like Dez Bishop or James Jones.

Get him regular playing time and he'll get into the flow.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline gbguy20  
#32 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 12:00:56 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

@MikeVandermause: MM: Nick Perry wrist injury more severe than we anticipated. More severe than Nick Barnett (a couple yrs ago).
call me Dan
Offline nerdmann  
#33 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 1:54:19 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,708
Applause Received: 664

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
@MikeVandermause: MM: Nick Perry wrist injury more severe than we anticipated. More severe than Nick Barnett (a couple yrs ago).


Well props to Nick for playing through it this long.

Nick's wrist was actually broken iirc.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

23-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

23-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

23-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann