Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 8:53:45 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 110

Looks like we may lose Bulaga for the year.

http://profootballtalk.n...for-life-without-bulaga/

Message modified by moderator Monday, November 12, 2012 12:38:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Zero2Cool updated title

Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
gbguy20 on 11/9/2012(UTC)
Offline gbguy20  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 8:54:23 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

How dare you beat me to this.
call me Dan
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 8:56:30 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 110

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
How dare you beat me to this.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.Laugh

Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 9:26:26 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

In reading the article in which they grabbed the "headline" from, it is still based on speculation. Nothing has been released that I seen this morning on the actual diagnosis from the Packers or Bulaga.

They are making an educated SWAG at this, because honestly, it is the bye week and there is little actual news to break.

PFTalk, the vultures that they are, are just running with someone else's guess.

We shall see how it turns out, but I haven't seen a source on record yet with an actual report on his prognosis.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 11:06:37 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Getting his injury looked at more comes down to two possibilities IMO, either

Injury is worse than expected and will either keep him out or need surgical intervention.

Or

The injury is of the type that it won't get worse playing on it.

Either way, we don't want more injuries on the line. Or else we will really be able to say the Line is ROTEN.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 11:46:58 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

In before he gets a second opinion and is immediately sent to surgery
call me Dan
Offline Yerko  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 11:47:59 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/15/2008(UTC)
Location: Chicago, IL

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: SINCITYCHEEZE Go to Quoted Post
Looks like we may lose Bulaga for the year.

http://profootballtalk.n...for-life-without-bulaga/


One part of the team where I find it extremely difficult to use the words "next-man-up".

This would not be good at all. I am assuming the free agent pull is completely "meh"...
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 12:13:19 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
In reading the article in which they grabbed the "headline" from, it is still based on speculation. Nothing has been released that I seen this morning on the actual diagnosis from the Packers or Bulaga.

They are making an educated SWAG at this, because honestly, it is the bye week and there is little actual news to break.

PFTalk, the vultures that they are, are just running with someone else's guess.

We shall see how it turns out, but I haven't seen a source on record yet with an actual report on his prognosis.


If it wasn't serious, Mike McCarthy would not be afraid to mention it.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 1:41:36 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
One part of the team where I find it extremely difficult to use the words "next-man-up".

This would not be good at all. I am assuming the free agent pull is completely "meh"...


EDS and Lang acutally played well when Bulaga went down. We allowed 1 sack in the game. That's gotta say something.
Offline Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 2:07:19 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
If it wasn't serious, Mike McCarthy would not be afraid to mention it.


Or maybe, unlike many a reporter, he is waiting for the doctors (the experts) opinions. Why under or over state the injury? It is not like he can hide that Bulaga was injured and what part of his body is the issue, so why not wait until it is officially diagnosed and a plan is put into place for recovery.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 3:12:01 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Or maybe, unlike many a reporter, he is waiting for the doctors (the experts) opinions. Why under or over state the injury? It is not like he can hide that Bulaga was injured and what part of his body is the issue, so why not wait until it is officially diagnosed and a plan is put into place for recovery.


Same reason they intentionally lied about Atari Bigby's ankle, which never made the injury report. Same reason they lied about Mike Neal last year.

Because they're assholes.

This whole schtick about falsifying the injury report is JINXing us, and that's why are team gets decimated on all the even numbered years.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline GermanGilbert  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 3:18:44 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 11/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 37
Applause Received: 87

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
EDS and Lang acutally played well when Bulaga went down. We allowed 1 sack in the game. That's gotta say something.


So true. EDS is IMO underrated and you can put him in at C/G at any time and TJ Lang fits as RT as well. That said, if one more OL goes down, we're going to be in a BIG trouble.

blank
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 11/9/2012(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#13 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 3:20:02 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Same reason they intentionally lied about Atari Bigby's ankle, which never made the injury report. Same reason they lied about Mike Neal last year.

Because they're assholes.

This whole schtick about falsifying the injury report is JINXing us, and that's why are team gets decimated on all the even numbered years.


I hope that is a joke because if not it's probably one of the dumbest things I've ever read. They don't do anything different with the injury report than any other team does.

There is absolutely 0 benefit to being 100% up front about injuries in fact the only thing it can do is hurt you. How many players out there do you think want all the info on their injuries getting out to the team they are going to be playing on game day... probably not many, I know I wouldn't.

If you can just put "shoulder" on the injury report without getting penalized then why the hell wouldn't you?
Offline Porforis  
#14 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 3:35:29 PM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
I hope that is a joke because if not it's probably one of the dumbest things I've ever read. They don't do anything different with the injury report than any other team does.

There is absolutely 0 benefit to being 100% up front about injuries in fact the only thing it can do is hurt you. How many players out there do you think want all the info on their injuries getting out to the team they are going to be playing on game day... probably not many, I know I wouldn't.

If you can just put "shoulder" on the injury report without getting penalized then why the hell wouldn't you?


I'm not saying that I disagree with your premise, but one advantage to concealing injuries is to hamper an opponent's game planning. If they know one of your linemen is banged up but still starts, they're more likely to target that lineman. If a WR has an ankle injury, they may decide to play closer man coverage. If a safety has a shoulder injury, they may feel more comfortable targeting his area of the field, if he may shy off contact a bit.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#15 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 4:07:34 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
I'm not saying that I disagree with your premise, but one advantage to concealing injuries is to hamper an opponent's game planning. If they know one of your linemen is banged up but still starts, they're more likely to target that lineman. If a WR has an ankle injury, they may decide to play closer man coverage. If a safety has a shoulder injury, they may feel more comfortable targeting his area of the field, if he may shy off contact a bit.


Yeah and if all teams report injuries like they're supposed to, the advantage goes BOTH ways.

So there is no advantage.

However it DOES prevent organized crime from being able to take advantage of internal knowledge about which the public in general is unaware. Not that we've seen any game outcomes effected by forces other than the teams playing the game, right?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline steveishere  
#16 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 4:41:37 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Yeah and if all teams report injuries like they're supposed to, the advantage goes BOTH ways.

So there is no advantage.

However it DOES prevent organized crime from being able to take advantage of internal knowledge about which the public in general is unaware. Not that we've seen any game outcomes effected by forces other than the teams playing the game, right?


Your if only exists in fantasy land. The fact is other teams don't fully disclose injuries. So why the hell should GB do it? Pretty much the only thing disclosing all their injuries would do is make nerdmann from packershome feel better and put them at a competitive disadvantage. That doesn't seem like much incentive to me. So much for being assholes...
Offline DakotaT  
#17 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 5:09:05 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 669
Applause Received: 1,374

Originally Posted by: GermanGilbert Go to Quoted Post
So true. EDS is IMO underrated and you can put him in at C/G at any time and TJ Lang fits as RT as well. That said, if one more OL goes down, we're going to be in a BIG trouble.



Just shut Bulaga down already. He's been playing subpar anyway. Scope his knee, and fix his hip and get him on the road to rehab. That way he will be ready next season for training camp. Makes no sense for him limp through the season.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#18 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 6:37:19 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Your if only exists in fantasy land. The fact is other teams don't fully disclose injuries. So why the hell should GB do it? Pretty much the only thing disclosing all their injuries would do is make nerdmann from packershome feel better and put them at a competitive disadvantage. That doesn't seem like much incentive to me. So much for being assholes...


The league instituted the injury reporting rule for a reason. That reason was to protect the integrity of the game.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline steveishere  
#19 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 7:18:45 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
The league instituted the injury reporting rule for a reason. That reason was to protect the integrity of the game.


So there must be a reason they don't strictly enforce it then right? Or is every team going to start fully disclosing their injuries if the Packers do it? I think not. You still have not explained what incentive the Packers have to be the only team to do it that way other than to make you feel better.
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#20 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 11:21:21 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
So there must be a reason they don't strictly enforce it then right? Or is every team going to start fully disclosing their injuries if the Packers do it? I think not. You still have not explained what incentive the Packers have to be the only team to do it that way other than to make you feel better


I think he's saying that players that were hurt a couple weeks ago that keep missing games are just now reporting their full serverity of the injurie they had.

Now.. sometimes you don't know how an injurie heals or how long it takes as it lingers. It could take one week, it could take a year... It's not hurting the team... it's not breaking the rules. They have no control of injuries. There's no point telling us the same thing over and over each week unless it's not getting better. Which happened to Perry. He was on that list each week saying he didn't practice and that he was out for the games.

As long as they're on the report I don't understand the problem..
Offline nerdmann  
#21 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:22:21 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
So there must be a reason they don't strictly enforce it then right? Or is every team going to start fully disclosing their injuries if the Packers do it? I think not. You still have not explained what incentive the Packers have to be the only team to do it that way other than to make you feel better.


The teams are nothing if the integrity of the game is lost.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#22 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 6:47:01 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
The league instituted the injury reporting rule for a reason. That reason was to protect the integrity of the game.


The league instituted the rule to put gambles on an even playing field. It took away the advantage that a few insiders and their buddies had over the rest of the schmoes.

Do you really the NFL, Inc really cares where the average fan sitting on his sofa drinking a beer, eating his nachos and waving the giant foam finger knows if the Dallas RT hurt his pinky in practice on Wed or not? I don;t think so.

They do care if the betting line is toying with because of rumors being spread about that Eli has a bust wing and is going to miss the next game.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 11/10/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 10:23:10 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,229

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
The league instituted the injury reporting rule for a reason. That reason was to protect the integrity of the game.


Yep, because knowing player X has an injured Y boosts the integrity of the game immensely. I mean, how else will players know who to hit and where to hit without that precious injury report?

I'm convinced the report is for oddsmakers and oddsmakers only.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline DarkaneRules  
#24 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:02:53 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Just shut Bulaga down already. He's been playing subpar anyway. Scope his knee, and fix his hip and get him on the road to rehab. That way he will be ready next season for training camp. Makes no sense for him limp through the season.


Agreed. He will NOT be ready for the playoffs. Something similar totally took us out of rhythm last year when we needed offensive consistency.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline wpr  
#25 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:03:27 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Yep, because knowing player X has an injured Y boosts the integrity of the game immensely. I mean, how else will players know who to hit and where to hit without that precious injury report?

I'm convinced the report is for oddsmakers and oddsmakers only.


hmmm. Interesting. I think I heard that before. Big Grin
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
3 Pages123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
4m / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

23m / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Laser Gunns

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

25-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rios39

25-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr