Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2012 3:18:06 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,143
Applause Received: 1,515

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
You never know he could be this years James Starks coming off the pup.


sweet. ThumpUp
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline Yerko  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 12:14:36 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/15/2008(UTC)
Location: Chicago, IL

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 261

I think tight end is one of the weaker positions on this Packers roster.

Jermichael Finley is underachieving successfully now.
DJ Williams has done nothing.
Andrew Quarless pre-injury wasn't doing anything to warrant us to believe he can unseat Finley upon return.
Ryan Taylor- pure special teams

Crabtree- our best tight end right now. <- Says something.

A little premature but I would love for the Packers to pick a tight end like Tyler Eifert (Notre Dame) in next years draft. Obviously other things would have to happen for this to work but Eifert is someone who already possesses NFL talent and would develop.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#13 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 12:31:59 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,704
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
I think tight end is one of the weaker positions on this Packers roster.

Jermichael Finley is underachieving successfully now.
DJ Williams has done nothing.
Andrew Quarless pre-injury wasn't doing anything to warrant us to believe he can unseat Finley upon return.
Ryan Taylor- pure special teams

Crabtree- our best tight end right now. <- Says something.

A little premature but I would love for the Packers to pick a tight end like Tyler Eifert (Notre Dame) in next years draft. Obviously other things would have to happen for this to work but Eifert is someone who already possesses NFL talent and would develop.


Quarless was really coming on imo.

He was always a pass catching TE, but had really learned to block very well.

I felt like the dude had matured off the field and rounded out his game.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline steveishere  
#14 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 2:15:29 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

He never had much of an impact when he was healthy so I'm not really counting on much from him.
Offline nerdmann  
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 4:30:36 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,704
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
He never had much of an impact when he was healthy so I'm not really counting on much from him.


If we lose another tackle, we're gonna need a TE who can block.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#16 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:43:58 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
He never had much of an impact when he was healthy so I'm not really counting on much from him.


Wouldn't stepping up and filling in when Finley went down and helping win a SB be making an impact?
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#17 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:28:27 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Wouldn't stepping up and filling in when Finley went down and helping win a SB be making an impact?


No, "filling in" is not making an impact, saying his contributions that year were an impact is being extremely generous. For being a full time starter that season he really didn't do much to be excited about. I know a lot of players that Ted drafts tend to improve over their 2nd and 3rd seasons so he may come in and help but considering he's been rehabbing and not really practicing I'm not expecting much this year.
Offline nerdmann  
#18 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 12:56:33 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,704
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
No, "filling in" is not making an impact, saying his contributions that year were an impact is being extremely generous. For being a full time starter that season he really didn't do much to be excited about. I know a lot of players that Ted drafts tend to improve over their 2nd and 3rd seasons so he may come in and help but considering he's been rehabbing and not really practicing I'm not expecting much this year.


He was a rookie.

Since then dude has matured AND really come on as a blocker. He's not just a pass catching TE anymore.

I like him.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline beast  
#19 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:56:02 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: Pro Bowl

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 259
Applause Received: 320


Quarless has been a blocker for a while now... even back in his college days he was a blocker and Penn State ran the ball more than passed it and ran from a pro set which asked him to block. He's blocking has been fine. And to be a pass catching anything... you have to catch it... which is where he has been struggling...

He seem to adjust well after he starts adjusting to the ball... but always seems to starts his adjustment late... which is why I wonder if he has a vision problem and struggles finding/following the ball in the air. Some people need glasses or contacts and don't know it... there vision has been good enough to get by with out someone noticing it (or family didn't have the money for them) but need them to see 20/20.

Quarless helped a lot in the Super Bowl run, with his blocking, speed and dropping problem, Mike McCarthy used him a lot for blocking and being the decoy... such as sending him deep down the field taking a LBer and getting attention from the Safety made for an open crossing pattern for one of the WRs to catch a 7 yard pass and get some extra yardage after that.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 11/11/2012(UTC)
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / RaiderPride

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Since69

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

18-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / luigis