Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 8:53:45 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 110

Looks like we may lose Bulaga for the year.

http://profootballtalk.n...for-life-without-bulaga/

Edited by moderator Monday, November 12, 2012 12:38:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Zero2Cool updated title

Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
gbguy20 on 11/9/2012(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline gbguy20  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 8:54:23 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 285

How dare you beat me to this.
call me Dan
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 8:56:30 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 110

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
How dare you beat me to this.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.Laugh

Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 9:26:26 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,047

In reading the article in which they grabbed the "headline" from, it is still based on speculation. Nothing has been released that I seen this morning on the actual diagnosis from the Packers or Bulaga.

They are making an educated SWAG at this, because honestly, it is the bye week and there is little actual news to break.

PFTalk, the vultures that they are, are just running with someone else's guess.

We shall see how it turns out, but I haven't seen a source on record yet with an actual report on his prognosis.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 11:06:37 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 360

Getting his injury looked at more comes down to two possibilities IMO, either

Injury is worse than expected and will either keep him out or need surgical intervention.

Or

The injury is of the type that it won't get worse playing on it.

Either way, we don't want more injuries on the line. Or else we will really be able to say the Line is ROTEN.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 11:46:58 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 285

In before he gets a second opinion and is immediately sent to surgery
call me Dan
Offline Yerko  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 11:47:59 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 238

Originally Posted by: SINCITYCHEEZE Go to Quoted Post
Looks like we may lose Bulaga for the year.

http://profootballtalk.n...for-life-without-bulaga/

One part of the team where I find it extremely difficult to use the words "next-man-up".

This would not be good at all. I am assuming the free agent pull is completely "meh"...
UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 12:13:19 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,498
Applause Received: 625

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
In reading the article in which they grabbed the "headline" from, it is still based on speculation. Nothing has been released that I seen this morning on the actual diagnosis from the Packers or Bulaga.

They are making an educated SWAG at this, because honestly, it is the bye week and there is little actual news to break.

PFTalk, the vultures that they are, are just running with someone else's guess.

We shall see how it turns out, but I haven't seen a source on record yet with an actual report on his prognosis.

If it wasn't serious, Mike McCarthy would not be afraid to mention it.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 1:41:36 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
One part of the team where I find it extremely difficult to use the words "next-man-up".

This would not be good at all. I am assuming the free agent pull is completely "meh"...

EDS and Lang acutally played well when Bulaga went down. We allowed 1 sack in the game. That's gotta say something.
Offline Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 2:07:19 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,047

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
If it wasn't serious, Mike McCarthy would not be afraid to mention it.

Or maybe, unlike many a reporter, he is waiting for the doctors (the experts) opinions. Why under or over state the injury? It is not like he can hide that Bulaga was injured and what part of his body is the issue, so why not wait until it is officially diagnosed and a plan is put into place for recovery.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 3:12:01 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Or maybe, unlike many a reporter, he is waiting for the doctors (the experts) opinions. Why under or over state the injury? It is not like he can hide that Bulaga was injured and what part of his body is the issue, so why not wait until it is officially diagnosed and a plan is put into place for recovery.

Same reason they intentionally lied about Atari Bigby's ankle, which never made the injury report. Same reason they lied about Mike Neal last year.

Because they're a$holes.

This whole schtick about falsifying the injury report is JINXing us, and that's why are team gets decimated on all the even numbered years.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline GermanGilbert  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 3:18:44 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Applause Given: 35
Applause Received: 86

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
EDS and Lang acutally played well when Bulaga went down. We allowed 1 sack in the game. That's gotta say something.

So true. EDS is IMO underrated and you can put him in at C/G at any time and TJ Lang fits as RT as well. That said, if one more OL goes down, we're going to be in a BIG trouble.

blank
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 11/9/2012(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#13 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 3:20:02 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 917

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Same reason they intentionally lied about Atari Bigby's ankle, which never made the injury report. Same reason they lied about Mike Neal last year.

Because they're a$holes.

This whole schtick about falsifying the injury report is JINXing us, and that's why are team gets decimated on all the even numbered years.

I hope that is a joke because if not it's probably one of the dumbest things I've ever read. They don't do anything different with the injury report than any other team does.

There is absolutely 0 benefit to being 100% up front about injuries in fact the only thing it can do is hurt you. How many players out there do you think want all the info on their injuries getting out to the team they are going to be playing on game day... probably not many, I know I wouldn't.

If you can just put "shoulder" on the injury report without getting penalized then why the hell wouldn't you?
Offline Porforis  
#14 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 3:35:29 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
I hope that is a joke because if not it's probably one of the dumbest things I've ever read. They don't do anything different with the injury report than any other team does.

There is absolutely 0 benefit to being 100% up front about injuries in fact the only thing it can do is hurt you. How many players out there do you think want all the info on their injuries getting out to the team they are going to be playing on game day... probably not many, I know I wouldn't.

If you can just put "shoulder" on the injury report without getting penalized then why the hell wouldn't you?

I'm not saying that I disagree with your premise, but one advantage to concealing injuries is to hamper an opponent's game planning. If they know one of your linemen is banged up but still starts, they're more likely to target that lineman. If a WR has an ankle injury, they may decide to play closer man coverage. If a safety has a shoulder injury, they may feel more comfortable targeting his area of the field, if he may shy off contact a bit.
UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#15 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 4:07:34 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
I'm not saying that I disagree with your premise, but one advantage to concealing injuries is to hamper an opponent's game planning. If they know one of your linemen is banged up but still starts, they're more likely to target that lineman. If a WR has an ankle injury, they may decide to play closer man coverage. If a safety has a shoulder injury, they may feel more comfortable targeting his area of the field, if he may shy off contact a bit.

Yeah and if all teams report injuries like they're supposed to, the advantage goes BOTH ways.

So there is no advantage.

However it DOES prevent organized crime from being able to take advantage of internal knowledge about which the public in general is unaware. Not that we've seen any game outcomes effected by forces other than the teams playing the game, right?